IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 234.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Since I've restored my game I've been overly critical of game play... I've been doing little tweaks here and there... I'm at the bottom of the barrel now.
Have any of you ever noticed you get rewarded Narrow Escape during a drain? I've seen this quite a bit and its attributed to slow ball speed. When the ball goes down the right out lane, the Narrow Escape reward is given when the upper switch closes but the bottom switch does not register closed within a specified amount of time (don't know exactly what that time is)... the game then assumes the ball is back in play... and reward! Therefore the speed of the ball and distance between actuators is what will drive this reward... since the timing is hard coded.
I've mostly eliminated the issue by changing out the actuator of the bottom switch. It now actuates sooner (but not if the ball comes off the idol ramp and makes it through the gate) so that Narrow Escape wont be rewarded when it shouldn't. I mean if the ball gets all wabble-ly in there the timer can expire and reward you there is nothing that can be done in that case... but that's not the case I care about. Mine seemed to be rewarding quite a bit when it shouldn't ... oh and there was nothing wrong with the switch.
[quoted image]

Not quite done with this yet... played and played and played and had one instance of the ball getting caught... I’ve two more ideas ... I’ll post when I’m satisfied.

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Not quite done with this yet... played and played and played and had one instance of the ball getting caught... I’ve two more ideas ... I’ll post when I’m satisfied.

I love how particular you are.....the attention to detail is impressive Kind of like Korn's planes

#6053 3 years ago

Looking for a cliffy protector for the 3 drop slot. All pinball suppliers are out. Waiting to hear back from Cliffy but I figured I would check here to see if anybody has an extra one?

Thanks,
Rich

#6054 3 years ago

Anyone rockin the comet led kit in their INdy that can post some pics?

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone rockin the comet led kit in their INdy that can post some pics?

Comet sunlights everywhere brother... you won't regret it.

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Comet sunlights everywhere brother... you won't regret it.

Was looking at your matrix again, you didn’t use led for any flashers in the game?

You have a pic of finished look of lighting you did?

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was looking at your matrix again, you didn’t use led for any flashers in the game?
You have a pic of finished look of lighting you did?

I used LED flashers for the back box and everything underneath the playfield. Everything on top of the playfield is incandescent flashers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1nUDQhNMCDqx9Zcf7
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit?usp=sharing

cometsunlightleds (resized).jpgcometsunlightleds (resized).jpg

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I used LED flashers for the back box and everything underneath the playfield. Everything on top of the playfield is incandescent flashers.
[quoted image]

Is your left flipper perfectly setup to nail the jackpot shot?

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Is your left flipper perfectly setup to nail the jackpot shot?

HA! Old pic... this was before I completed the setup.

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

That looks good, keeps original color palette and brightens it up a bit.

#6061 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That looks good, keeps original color palette and brightens it up a bit.

It makes a big difference....Ricochet is spot on with his advice

#6062 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome and capped off by KF's planes

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

Im a huge fan of 12v 5 led tower flashers from comet.

Easy and perfect replacement for #906 bulbs.

I like that they are very bright and really pop.

#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im a huge fan of 12v 5 led tower flashers from comet.
Easy and perfect replacement for #906 bulbs.
I like that they are very bright and really pop.

They are very good.

#6065 3 years ago

I installed lights on my idol....love the look....thanks for the idea Korn

IMG_3549 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 (resized).jpg
#6066 3 years ago

Hey, folks need your help. I was working on my Indy today, just replaced some lane guides, but also did some cleaning in the cabinet so I was moving wires around. However, I have an error now a no-ball launch.
The error is: Er. Single Drp. Bad chk. switch/coil

However in switch test and solenoid test all works. Could this be a fuse?

IMG_2787 (resized).JPGIMG_2787 (resized).JPG
#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey, folks need your help. I was working on my Indy today, just replaced some lane guides, but also did some cleaning in the cabinet so I was moving wires around. However, I have an error now a no-ball launch.
The error is: Er. Single Drp. Bad chk. switch/coil
However in switch test and solenoid test all works. Could this be a fuse? [quoted image]

Did you by any chance turn on the unit with coin door open? You’ll get some weird errors like this when you don’t have the high voltage enabled at power up.

#6068 3 years ago

So I've just noticed that The Hand of Fate : Quick Two Ball does not trigger a multiball on my machine. Is this a software / rom issue? My machine is works perfectly for everything else, including the regular two ball multi ball. I saw some mentions here in the thread, but no definitive answer.

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Thanks! Super happy with how they turned out.
I printed extras, just in case anyone else wants some. PM me for details!

Just received them, they are indeed great. Étienne

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I wanted to give a shout-out to Classic Playfield Reproductions for their work on this mirrored back [quoted image]

I confirm, just received the mirrored glass today and it looks great.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

So I've just noticed that The Hand of Fate : Quick Two Ball does not trigger a multiball on my machine. Is this a software / rom issue? My machine is works perfectly for everything else, including the regular two ball multi ball. I saw some mentions here in the thread, but no definitive answer.

I was curious about this, so I took the glass off to do some testing. I'm running the L-7 software.

If Hand of Fate awards Quick 2-ball, what happens totally depends on what is already running. If no mode is currently running, it WILL give you Quick 2-ball in addition to starting a mode. If a mode is ALREADY in progress, scoring Quick 2-ball on Hand of Fate does...nothing.

Is this a bug? Probably. Seems to have no trouble running Quick 2-ball at the beginning of a mode, awarding mode scoring on top of giving you the lost treasures for hitting the captive ball. It just doesn't like it if a mode is already in progress. I guess the odds of this happening are so low that it doesn't get mentioned much.

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I was curious about this, so I took the glass off to do some testing. I'm running the L-7 software.
If Hand of Fate awards Quick 2-ball, what happens totally depends on what is already running. If no mode is currently running, it WILL give you Quick 2-ball in addition to starting a mode. If a mode is ALREADY in progress, scoring Quick 2-ball on Hand of Fate does...nothing.
Is this a bug? Probably. Seems to have no trouble running Quick 2-ball at the beginning of a mode, awarding mode scoring on top of giving you the lost treasures for hitting the captive ball. It just doesn't like it if a mode is already in progress. I guess the odds of this happening are so low that it doesn't get mentioned much.

Thanks for the explanation, as I've noticed Quick 2-ball not starting multiball in the past but hadn't diagnosed the behaviour.

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Thinking about joining this club (meaning thinking of IJPA acquisition) Should I do it?

Well, it ain't cheap... it isn't light... it has some towering airball issues (kind of exciting really) and really needs alot of tuning and tweaking to play just right.

That said, it is a pretty awesome game, and if you like Indiana Jones as a theme and have the money to spend you won't be unhappy. Plus unless you crazy overpay (or just go nuts on mods... it has some crazy expensive mods) it's a pretty easy game to get your money back out of.

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, it ain't cheap... it isn't light... it has some towering airball issues (kind of exciting really) and really needs alot of tuning and tweaking to play just right.
That said, it is a pretty awesome game, and if you like Indiana Jones as a theme and have the money to spend you won't be unhappy. Plus unless you crazy overpay (or just go nuts on mods... it has some crazy expensive mods) it's a pretty easy game to get your money back out of.

Grab those airball protectors .... they help quite a bit

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

On the Narrow Escape reward on drain...

I've been trying all kinds of switch types to see if there is a happy medium in terms of how to make sure the outlane switch is hit. In reality ... its very difficult to solve, primarily because its missing a ball guide. After playing with it it occurred to me there should be some type of guide on the lower right side of that outlane. The ball simply bounces off the lower post of the wire gate, and goes around the switch. If the actuator is too long the ball will get stuck between the actuator and the lower post of the wire gate. Interestingly... I decided to go back and look at the manual... have a look.. they illustrate two posts there!

I've a couple of ideas. I'm not crazy about driving two posts in there... although that may be the right solution ... or maybe not... who knows, this may have been the original design intent but after playing some weirdness occurred with it (like maybe the ball bounced off the top post and back through the gate too often) so they simply didn't bother, opting for the lesser of two evils.

The last thing I'm going to do is try to fabricate a steel ball guide to fit and experiment with that. If there can't be a happy medium position for the ball guide... (meaning not too far to the left that it would affect the performance of the adjustable post or... too far right that the ball could get caught between the ball guide and the switch) it simply wont work. Personally I think an eddy sensor or reed switch would have been perfect here but in the grand scheme of things... I suppose its not that big of a deal.

posts (resized).pngposts (resized).png

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I've been trying all kinds of switch types to see if there is a happy medium in terms of how to make sure the outlane switch is hit. In reality ... its very difficult to solve, primarily because its missing a ball guide. After playing with it it occurred to me there should be some type of guide on the lower right side of that outlane. The ball simply bounces off the lower post of the wire gate, and goes around the switch. If the actuator is too long the ball will get stuck between the actuator and the lower post of the wire gate. Interestingly... I decided to go back and look at the manual... have a look.. they illustrate two posts there!
I've a couple of ideas. I'm not crazy about driving two posts in there... although that may be the right solution ... or maybe not... who knows, this may have been the original design intent but after playing some weirdness occurred with it (like maybe the ball bounced off the top post and back through the gate too often) so they simply didn't bother, opting for the lesser of two evils.
The last thing I'm going to do is try to fabricate a steel ball guide to fit and experiment with that. If there can't be a happy medium position for the ball guide... (meaning not too far to the left that it would affect the performance of the adjustable post or... too far right that the ball could get caught between the ball guide and the switch) it simply wont work. Personally I think an eddy sensor or reed switch would have been perfect here but in the grand scheme of things... I suppose its not that big of a deal.
[quoted image]

Still looking at this i see, but why? Your previous change of the actuator worked for me, I used the same one you quoted and have since had ZERO narrow escape bonuses on a ball drain since dialing it in. I would think you solved this problem already. At first it got caught up in the lane once or twice but I bent the metal slightly until it was perfectly in the middle of the hole and it has been perfect since (around 100 games already).

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Still looking at this i see, but why? Your previous change of the actuator worked for me, I used the same one you quoted and have since had ZERO narrow escape bonuses on a ball drain since dialing it in. I would think you solved this problem already. At first it got caught up in the lane once or twice but I bent the metal slightly until it was perfectly in the middle of the hole and it has been perfect since (around 100 games already).

Yeah I had to the ball get caught a few times. I wanted to avoid bending the switch actuator. Glad it worked for you !!!

737F992A-7F47-484A-B24E-3F97D9128096 (resized).jpeg737F992A-7F47-484A-B24E-3F97D9128096 (resized).jpeg
#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah I had to the ball get caught a few times. I wanted to avoid bending the switch actuator. Glad it worked for you !!! [quoted image]

Here is mine, At first i had a couple like your pic but I just had to be sure it was lined up directly in the middle and the issues stopped.

5A8110B2-FE35-4BE3-84B9-E75198EB0026 (resized).jpeg5A8110B2-FE35-4BE3-84B9-E75198EB0026 (resized).jpeg
#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Here is mine, At first i had a couple like your pic but I just had to be sure it was lined up directly in the middle and the issues stopped.
[quoted image]

Well maybe I'll revisit the alignment... hmm. Intuitively it seemed more like a height problem to me, but if it works... great.

#6081 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

How about an MRS switch?

More and more im seeing applications for these.

I put one on my diner cup and its amazing.

Im thinking if putting them on the steps ramp on my funhouse.

Also you can put a star post with a rubber on it at the lower ball gate post. Its not a permanent change, just an adjustment.

My sample game had one there.

#6082 3 years ago

How about an MRS switch?
More and more im seeing applications for these.
I put one on my diner cup and its amazing.
Im thinking if putting them on the steps ramp on my funhouse.

Yup... this is definitely an option!!! I was thinking if i could mount it on its side it would be perfect!

#6083 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yup... this is definitely an option!!! I was thinking if i could mount it on its side it would be perfect!

The wide paint ring at the lower ball gate post would denote a star post there.

Or at least a fatter post.

The lane is too wide without this.

I think that is all thats needed.

#6084 3 years ago

The wide paint ring at the lower ball gate post would denote a star post there.
Or at least a fatter post.
The lane is too wide without this.
I think that is all thats needed.

Normally that would be the case but I don't think so... those are typical lane guide countersunk holes for the standoffs. I still believe the issues is on the right side and lack of lane guide there.

lowerplayfield (resized).jpglowerplayfield (resized).jpg
#6085 3 years ago

What is proper rubber setup on the post just above the narrow escape post?

I’ve seen both a single rubber installed and two small rubbers.

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is proper rubber setup on the post just above the narrow escape post?
I’ve seen both a single rubber installed and two small rubbers.

We had this very conversation a number of pages back: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/109#post-5512003

To sum up, we determined that Williams messed up on the manual diagram. They forgot to draw a ring and the location marker "I", where there should be a 7/16" inner diameter ring, though the parts list is correct. Here's the corrected diagram from my manual:20200604_195458 (resized).jpg20200604_195458 (resized).jpg

#6087 3 years ago

I have a single rubber around the two posts but the game seems to play better with a small rubber ring around each post. I wasn’t sure what was original.

I got my game several years ago but when I swapped all the rubbers out it came with a single for that location.

#6088 3 years ago
IJ_StandUp_Shine_sml.gifIJ_StandUp_Shine_sml.gif
#6089 3 years ago

Nice

#6090 3 years ago

Could you possibly add the Holy Grail to the mix? They look fantastic!

#6091 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Could you possibly add the Holy Grail to the mix? They look fantastic!

Thanks!
No grail, ark, or stones - I didn't want to redo the jackpot treasures, which are already well represented on the machine. This is all about the secondary treasures!

#6092 3 years ago

And how do we acquire “said” treasures ?

#6093 3 years ago

Quick 2 ball mutiball! The cross of coronation!

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

And how do we acquire “said” treasures ?

I printed a limited number of extra sets for those that would like some. I’d like those here in the IJ club who are interested to get a first crack at them. They’re specially die cut and mounted on center-punched foam so they can be easily stuck right over the rivet. PM me if you’re interested.

The full set includes seven custom designs. Five are from Quick 2-ball multiball – The Idol of the Incas, the Diamond of Shanghai, the Cross of Coronado, the Remains of Nurhachi, and the Fish of Tayles. The Medallion is from the Raven Bar video mode, and the Shield of the Grail Knight is because I wanted to.

They’re a bit hard to photograph, because the treasures themselves are shiny & metallic, but I took a few quick shots of them in and out of my machine:
05_SMP_colour (resized).jpg05_SMP_colour (resized).jpg06_SMP_reflective (resized).jpg06_SMP_reflective (resized).jpg02_IJ_StandUps_01 (resized).jpg02_IJ_StandUps_01 (resized).jpg03_IJ_StandUps_02 (resized).jpg03_IJ_StandUps_02 (resized).jpg04_IJ_StandUps_03 (resized).jpg04_IJ_StandUps_03 (resized).jpg20200529_140958 (resized).jpg20200529_140958 (resized).jpgThis is what the back looks like.This is what the back looks like.
I also still have some of the metallic gold drop targets available, if anyone is looking for some extra shine!
GoldenDropTarget (resized).jpgGoldenDropTarget (resized).jpg

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I printed a limited number of extra sets for those that would like some. I’d like those here in the IJ club who are interested to get a first crack at them. They’re specially die cut and mounted on center-punched foam so they can be easily stuck right over the rivet. PM me if you’re interested.
The full set includes seven custom designs. Five are from Quick 2-ball multiball – The Idol of the Incas, the Diamond of Shanghai, the Cross of Coronado, the Remains of Nurhachi, and the Fish of Tayles. The Medallion is from the Raven Bar video mode, and the Shield of the Grail Knight is because I wanted to.
They’re a bit hard to photograph, because the treasures themselves are shiny & metallic, but I took a few quick shots of them in and out of my machine:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I also still have some of the metallic gold drop targets available, if anyone is looking for some extra shine!
[quoted image]

I'm in for a set...they look great

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yummie!!! Yessiree!!!!

#6097 3 years ago

I would take a set including drop targets!

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Wow! Those look incredible.

#6100 3 years ago

High quality and reasonably priced

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Wanted
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/122?hl=juicerc51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.