IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 235.
#6001 3 years ago

Hey all! I've had my IJ for over a year now but still can't figure out how to "pass through the tunnels" in the tunnel VIDEO MODE.

Is there a "trick" to it that I don't know?

I usually just click LEFT or RIGHT depending on where the tunnel is turning but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't see what SPECIFICALLY what I'm doing wrong, any advice?

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Hey all! I've had my IJ for over a year now but still can't figure out how to "pass through the tunnels" in the tunnel VIDEO MODE.
Is there a "trick" to it that I don't know?
I usually just click LEFT or RIGHT depending on where the tunnel is turning but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't see what SPECIFICALLY what I'm doing wrong, any advice?

You have to hold the button. Hold left or right until you pass through the tunnel. Let go of both to go straight. That's it!

Or, hold both flipper buttons when you start a game. When you start the mine car mode, watch the barricades on the RIGHT side. Crash through the FOURTH barricade that appears on that side.

#6003 3 years ago

I would like to see those pictures to. Not very impressed with the ones out there for sale right now. Wish someone would create a better one!

#6004 3 years ago

I was talking about Pinblades

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

I was talking about Pinblades

See post #5420 for mine

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

See post #5420 for mine

They look nice...where did u buy them? Hopefully not tilt graphics....

#6007 3 years ago

I have 11 airball mod sets left. See my marketplace ad. A must have for IJ.

#6008 3 years ago

Installed my IJ apron magnet. Great addition to the game.

EC960C7F-F90F-4B8B-B310-2C504C374C92 (resized).jpegEC960C7F-F90F-4B8B-B310-2C504C374C92 (resized).jpeg
#6009 3 years ago

looks awesome! Good to see these in the wild!

#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

[quoted image]

Looks good! Glad these are finally reaching y'all. Thanks for sharing!

Just so you know - the black edge around the apron graphic is intentionally too wide. This is so you have a lot of leeway to cut into it, so you don't have to cut right on the white edge, possibly leaving some white around the rim. This is called the bleed area - a common printing technique for cutting graphics from a larger sheet.

You can see how much I trimmed off mine:SmartSelect_20200514-130110_Gallery (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200514-130110_Gallery (resized).jpg

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

[quoted image]

Very nice! Where can I purchase such an apron?

#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome....

#6013 3 years ago

Here's mine....ignore the wings on the lockdown bar...I just stuck it there out of boredom

IMG_3431 (resized).jpgIMG_3431 (resized).jpg
#6014 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Very nice! Where can I purchase such an apron?

I made them, but it's not really a product I'm selling. Just something I wanted for my own machine, so a few of us here split the cost on a batch to keep the price down. I might consider another run in the future, if there were enough people interested to make it worthwhile.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Here's mine....ignore the wings on the lockdown bar...I just stuck it there out of boredom

Looking good! You know, seeing those wings on the lockdown bar gives me a good idea for another mod...

Instead of a magnet, what if that design was engraved right into the lockdown bar?

A quick search shows me someone was doing this exact thing a few years ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-engraved-lock-down-bars#post-3707456
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-engraved-lock-bars-for-the-person-with-everything#post-4279969

Pretty slick. I don't own the tools, but maybe I'll put a line out to the local engraving companies and see what they'd charge if I supplied the design.

#6015 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I made them, but it's not really a product I'm selling. Just something I wanted for my own machine, so a few of us here split the cost on a batch to keep the price down. I might consider another run in the future, if there were enough people interested to make it worthwhile.

Is it a hard flat sheet or something that can be rolled for shipping?

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's a magnet, and it's quite flexible. They can easily be rolled for shipping.

#6017 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Its such a nice look...Aaron did a great job

#6018 3 years ago

Really freaky thing happened when playing tonight. I had an airball that landed straight in the back of the idol and instantly gave me a ball locked. Never seen it before. Anyone else ever had this?

#6019 3 years ago

I wanted to give a shout-out to Classic Playfield Reproductions for their work on this mirrored back glass. My plexi had a few spots that bothered me and some slight discoloration, so I decided to upgrade it. At first, I regretted the purchase because the price is quite high ($309 shipped), but was quite pleased with the appearance when it arrived today. It is super sharp and really dressed up the machine and I'm happy I spent the cash on this upgrade! This pic doesn't even remotely do it justice...you can see the depth of the image when compared to the plexi which just comes off flat.

vd78TKR.jpgvd78TKR.jpg
#6020 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its such a nice look...Aaron did a great job

Yep kicking myself that I didn't put my hand up when he first said he was doing a batch ....

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I wanted to give a shout-out to Classic Playfield Reproductions for their work on this mirrored back glass. My plexi had a few spots that bothered me and some slight discoloration, so I decided to upgrade it. At first, I regretted the purchase because the price is quite high ($309 shipped), but was quite pleased with the appearance when it arrived today. It is super sharp and really dressed up the machine and I'm happy I spent the cash on this upgrade! This pic doesn't even remotely do it justice...you can see the depth of the image when compared to the plexi which just comes off flat.
[quoted image]

Looks really nice ....

#6022 3 years ago

What pitch do you guys keep your IJ at?
Also, do you measure you pitch between the flippers or higher up the pf?

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

What pitch do you guys keep your IJ at?
Also, do you measure you pitch between the flippers or higher up the pf?

6.5deg higher towards the center of the playfield.

#6024 3 years ago

@Ricochet: Do you know what your pitch is between the flippers?
Do you find hitting your right ramp is easy & seamless?
I’m at 6.5 measured at the flippers currently but wondering if I should have a bit more pitch.

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Ricochet: Do you know what your pitch is between the flippers?
Do you find hitting your right ramp is easy & seamless?
I’m at 6.5 measured at the flippers currently but wondering if I should have a bit more pitch.

I do not... but if the playfield is not warped ... it should not really be different. I just always measure pitch in the center. Do you have an accuracy problem or a power problem? Are you using silicone flipper rubbers ?

#6026 3 years ago

Maybe it’s just my accuracy. Have been working recently on my game quite a bit fixing some issues. Just need to look at re-leveling. Thanks for the feedback!

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Maybe it’s just my accuracy. Have been working recently on my game quite a bit fixing some issues. Just need to look at re-leveling. Thanks for the feedback!

I recently rebuilt my machine... A ton of stuff changed on it since the restoration:
1. It went from filthy to clean as a whistle
2. Flipper coils were not right... they were 30s now they are the correct 29s
3. Flipper rubber was standard red rubber... now I'm trying titan's silicone.

So there are a few variables to this equation... I've had to adjust and at first was having a hell of a time hitting anything. Not sure I'm sticking with the silicone flippers... I wasn't going this route originally... but I just installed my entire ring kit; had a brain cramp and forgot that wasn't my plan... and just left them on there.

#6028 3 years ago

Im currently using titans for the flippers.
Every time I tweak this game, I seem to throw something else off a bit lol.
Regardless, an amazing pin which is bolted to our floor.

#6029 3 years ago

Since I've restored my game I've been overly critical of game play... I've been doing little tweaks here and there... I'm at the bottom of the barrel now.

Have any of you ever noticed you get rewarded Narrow Escape during a drain? I've seen this quite a bit and its attributed to slow ball speed. When the ball goes down the right out lane, the Narrow Escape reward is given when the upper switch closes but the bottom switch does not register closed within a specified amount of time (don't know exactly what that time is)... the game then assumes the ball is back in play... and reward! Therefore the speed of the ball and distance between actuators is what will drive this reward... since the timing is hard coded.

I've mostly eliminated the issue by changing out the actuator of the bottom switch. It now actuates sooner (but not if the ball comes off the idol ramp and makes it through the gate) so that Narrow Escape wont be rewarded when it shouldn't. I mean if the ball gets all wabble-ly in there the timer can expire and reward you there is nothing that can be done in that case... but that's not the case I care about. Mine seemed to be rewarding quite a bit when it shouldn't ... oh and there was nothing wrong with the switch.

outlane (resized).jpgoutlane (resized).jpg
#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Since I've restored my game I've been overly critical of game play... I've been doing little tweaks here and there... I'm at the bottom of the barrel now.
Have any of you ever noticed you get rewarded Narrow Escape during a drain? I've seen this quite a bit and its attributed to slow ball speed. When the ball goes down the right out lane, the Narrow Escape reward is given when the upper switch closes but the bottom switch does not register closed within a specified amount of time (don't know exactly what that time is)... the game then assumes the ball is back in play... and reward! Therefore the speed of the ball and distance between actuators is what will drive this reward... since the timing is hard coded.
I've mostly eliminated the issue by changing out the actuator of the bottom switch. It now actuates sooner (but not if the ball comes off the idol ramp and makes it through the gate) so that Narrow Escape wont be rewarded when it shouldn't. I mean if the ball gets all wabble-ly in there the timer can expire and reward you there is nothing that can be done in that case... but that's not the case I care about. Mine seemed to be rewarding quite a bit when it shouldn't ... oh and there was nothing wrong with the switch.
[quoted image]

This happens on mine as well far too often and I was feeling guilty accepting the points. Now I have to fix it...thanks for sharing!

#6031 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

Yes, I get this ALL THE TIME. Though it's not a matter of the ball going slowly - on my game, the ball can easily squeak past the bottom outlane switch and the star post without actually hitting the switch. I get the reward as the ball is draining! This can happen no matter where the outlane post is set. I feel like this happens almost 50% of the time when I drain down the right outlane.

I've tried to fix this by bending the actuator switch higher to make it more sensitive, and I've considered re-mounting the switch to be further up the slot, but I'd prefer not to drill.

Perhaps what I really need is a round style actuator, as you've shown here. Is this custom?

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Yes, I get this ALL THE TIME. Though it's not a matter of the ball going slowly - on my game, the ball can easily squeak past the bottom outlane switch and the star post without actually hitting the switch. I get the reward as the ball is draining! This can happen no matter where the outlane post is set. I feel like this happens almost 50% of the time when I drain down the right outlane.
I've tried to fix this by bending the actuator switch higher to make it more sensitive, and I've considered re-mounting the switch to be further up the slot, but I'd prefer not to drill.
Perhaps what I really need is a round style actuator, as you've shown here. Is this custom?

This is a Stern part ...
ROLLOVER #180-5126-00

#6033 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This is a Stern part ...
ROLLOVER #180-5126-00

Thanks! Mixing Coke and Pepsi would not have occurred to me.

#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Ha!!! Not gonna lie ... bugs me a little. However, it works like a champ!

#6035 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Quoted from Ricochet:

Ha!!! Not gonna lie ... bugs me a little. However, it works like a champ!

You boys make me laugh - funny buggers!!

And yes I have the same issue as you described Aaron with the ball going down between the lower switch and the star post

#6036 3 years ago

I gave you the wrong part... I used this one and pulled it off the bracket
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-9935-04

Might be easier to go with this one ... it’s cheaper... just pitch the bracket, the actuator is correct.
https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

#6037 3 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to give a shout-out to Jenk540i for his start mode modification idea. I know this topic has been debated at length (I have read through the posts about it)...so for those of us who prefer to keep the deflector installed but want a higher % of shots from the right flipper to stick, my results are as follows:

No mods:

30% stick rate from the right flipper

Drilled out the holes in the deflector to move it back 1/4 inch, raised up the deflector slightly with some washers, and added the Cliffy protector:

65% stick rate from the right flipper

Added a small foam rubber protector as recommended by Jenk540i (cost less than a buck and took 6 seconds to install), and I don't see it unless I bend down low and look for it:

90% stick rate from the right flipper (small sample size, will play more over the weekend to see but looks promising so far)

TBH, I didn't want the 100% stick rate...but I don't want 30% either, and 65% was a little more frustrating than I thought it would be. 90% seems like the perfect success rate for my liking.

Yes I know removing the deflector and lining the area with drop dead foam will give you ~99% stick rate...but that is not what I wanted. I wanted the thud, AND I enjoy the risk of losing around 1/10 fast right flipper shots. It's worth the few cents and few seconds to try it out if you are looking for a higher success rate without removing the deflector. It also does not affect the ball release path when ejecting out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-effective-fix-for-ij-mode-start-problem
image0.jpegimage0.jpeg

#6038 3 years ago

Thinking about joining this club (meaning thinking of IJPA acquisition) Should I do it?

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Thinking about joining this club (meaning thinking of IJPA acquisition) Should I do it?

Heck yeah! No downside to joining the club!

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I would find it strange if anyone in the club recommended AGAINST being in the club.

So the answer is yes, of course, always. All welcome.

#6041 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I would find it strange if anyone in the club recommended AGAINST being in the club.
So the answer is yes, of course, always. All welcome.

Yep! Just want to get excited! As I've pretty much already made up my mind. Probably look forward to it soon! Hopefully...

#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Yep! Just want to get excited! As I've pretty much already made up my mind. Probably look forward to it soon! Hopefully...

Get hype! In my totally unbiased opinion, it's the best game in recorded history!

Hopefully we'll see ya around!

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to give a shout-out to jenk540i for his start mode modification idea. I know this topic has been debated at length (I have read through the posts about it)...so for those of us who prefer to keep the deflector installed but want a higher % of shots from the right flipper to stick, my results are as follows:
No mods:
30% stick rate from the right flipper
Drilled out the holes in the deflector to move it back 1/4 inch, raised up the deflector slightly with some washers, and added the Cliffy protector:
65% stick rate from the right flipper
Added a small foam rubber protector as recommended by jenk540i (cost less than a buck and took 6 seconds to install), and I don't see it unless I bend down low and look for it:
90% stick rate from the right flipper (small sample size, will play more over the weekend to see but looks promising so far)
TBH, I didn't want the 100% stick rate...but I don't want 30% either, and 65% was a little more frustrating than I thought it would be. 90% seems like the perfect success rate for my liking.
Yes I know removing the deflector and lining the area with drop dead foam will give you ~99% stick rate...but that is not what I wanted. I wanted the thud, AND I enjoy the risk of losing around 1/10 fast right flipper shots. It's worth the few cents and few seconds to try it out if you are looking for a higher success rate without removing the deflector.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/very-effective-fix-for-ij-mode-start-problem

Thanks I'm gonna try this method soon....I've been reluctant to take off the POA (since its now working perfectly) so I can get to the scoop. I'm also a little reluctant to drill into the play field and move it back. I get about 50% rejections as it sits right now so I clearly need to do something. What exactly is a rubber protector? foam on the bottom side of the scoop?

#6044 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks I'm gonna try this method soon....I've been reluctant to take off the POA (since its now working perfectly) so I can get to the scoop. I'm also a little reluctant to drill into the play field and move it back. I get about 50% rejections as it sits right now so I clearly need to do something. What exactly is a rubber protector? foam on the bottom side of the scoop?

Here is the piece from Marco's. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6534-9

It's $0.30 for one, I bought 5 with my recent order of other stuff. Not sure how long it will last...I'll report back when it falls off. Per the originator of this idea, he has had to replace his foam strip once ever year or so which seems pretty good to me.

BTW - I didn't drill into the playfield...I took off the deflector and increased the hole size on it so I could slide it back 1/4 inch to give it more space when the ball deflects off of it. This helped a bit, just didn't get me the whole way there.

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This "rubber protector" Marco sells is probably just a thicker version of the same EVA foam I sent you with your magnet. You can use it to the same effect.

#6046 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

This "rubber protector" Marco sells is probably just a thicker version of the same EVA foam I sent you with your magnet. You can use it to the same effect.

Thats what I was thinking....was gonna do it all that once I get the air ball deflectors fro Davi .... that way I don't have to bust into the game more than once

#6047 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Here is the piece from Marco's. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6534-9
It's $0.30 for one, I bought 5 with my recent order of other stuff. Not sure how long it will last...I'll report back when it falls off. Per the originator of this idea, he has had to replace his foam strip once ever year or so which seems pretty good to me.
BTW - I didn't drill into the playfield...I took off the deflector and increased the hole size on it so I could slide it back 1/4 inch to give it more space when the ball deflects off of it. This helped a bit, just didn't get me the whole way there.

Thanks....I think I have a few pieces of that foam.....its an interesting placement...

#6048 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks....I think I have a few pieces of that foam.....its an interesting placement...

Yeah I thought it was odd placement at first too but the pop outs happen when I blast the ball in there...the ball bounces slightly up and the pad knocks it back down ever so slightly...just enough that it stays in most of the time. I've had 2 ring out of there tonight...but I really hit it full strength and those two didn't go in perfectly clean either.

It kind of works similar to the air deflector mods...I swear once I installed them the air balls just stopped...and I know the ball is hitting those deflectors I just don't hear it nor do I really see it.

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Yeah I thought it was odd at first too but the pop outs happen when I blast the ball in there...the ball bounces slightly up and the pad knocks it back down ever so slightly...just enough that it stays in most of the time. I've had 2 ring out of there tonight...but I really hit it full strength and it didn't go in perfectly clean either.
It kind of works similar to the air deflector mods...I swear once I installed them the air balls just stopped...and I know the ball is hitting those deflectors I just don't hear it nor do I really see it.

Makes sense....I may try and put a piece of the foam Aaron gave me to see if it helps. I'm waiting on my air ball plastics from Davi....I get all kinds of crazy air balls on my IJ

#6050 3 years ago

Had a cracking game this arvo, after my first ball and an extra ball I had 11 modes done, had the ark & stones (had missed the grail) and got another extra ball (first time collecting one on the ropes). Started External Life mode 2 balls later but 15-20 seconds into it I had a mechanical failure on my right flipper ... couldn't believe my luck (I think only the 2nd time I've got to External Life) but had to laugh 'cos "that's pinball"

I did manage to get GC though

IMG_1212 (resized).jpgIMG_1212 (resized).jpgIMG_1215 (resized).jpgIMG_1215 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 85.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/121?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.