Topic Stats

• 4,825 posts
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,599 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg
CCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpeg
E84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg
821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg
3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg
9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4778 (resized).JPG
DSCN4780 (resized).JPG

There are 4825 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 97.
#551 4 years ago

double post....

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Ever have any issues transporting them upright like that? I always lie them flat but its tough to get 2 in the back of my truck.

I think the cabinets are designed to transport this way. But, I cringe not seeing cardboard or foam between the head and cab/rails. As well no cardboard between the strap and machine. I just brought home a JM today and I had enough cardboard wrapped around that thing to make a fort.

1 week later
#553 4 years ago

Hi Members,

got an Indy this days but the cabinet Decals are without colors has anyone the grafics for printing the cabinet decals ?
i also need the grafics around the face for the inserts...

thanks Mike

#554 4 years ago

Indy inda house! So psyched. Haven't touched one of these in 15 years. Pinsound board sounds incredible! Comet sunlights in the GI. Beoootiful!
And how cool is the cheat shot!

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hi Members,
got an Indy this days but the cabinet Decals are without colors has anyone the grafics for printing the cabinet decals ?
i also need the grafics around the face for the inserts...
thanks Mike

You can get licensed decals here:

https://provider1.cart.net.au/epages/mrpinballtrial.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mrpinballtrial/Products/31-1773-set

#556 4 years ago

Holy Moly!! Why the hell would you get them from Aussie for a whopping $500 USD.

Getting them from HighClassPinball will set you back €285,- -> http://www.highclasspinballs.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=28

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I think the cabinets are designed to transport this way. But, I cringe not seeing cardboard or foam between the head and cab/rails. As well no cardboard between the strap and machine. I just brought home a JM today and I had enough cardboard wrapped around that thing to make a fort.

Aaron, you finally got your JM...congrats.....time for a pinball party

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And how cool is the cheat shot!

Errrr...what's the cheat shot?

#559 4 years ago

When you sneak the ball in behind the three standup targets. Shorty says "You cheat, Dr. Jones!" Hence the title of this thread.

#560 4 years ago

I like the look of the lit idol plastic. And Judge Dread sells them on ebay:

ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Ruin Idol Light Mod Kit

It says in the description that it's a 4 piece set. Has anyone bought this? Is it just 4 of the 6V Warm White strips that comet sells?

#561 4 years ago

That's $3 mod. Its only LED strips. Dont waste your money, just do your own from comet. Takes a few mins.

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you sneak the ball in behind the three standup targets. Shorty says "You cheat, Dr. Jones!" Hence the title of this thread.

I still giggle like a school girl every time I get that.

#563 4 years ago

One of many reasons it's my favorite game.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

That's $3 mod. Its only LED strips. Dont waste your money, just do your own from comet. Takes a few mins.

Ok - that's what I figured. Thanks captain!

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - that's what I figured. Thanks captain!

I used the "Warm" 7-SMD strips. http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm Just make sure you only use the clamps for testing, solder it to the GI when you are done. These clamps can fall off and short things out.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

you finally got your JM...congrats.....time for a pinball party

And a JD a few days later I am maxed out till next year(ish) I managed to arrange my collection to fit 2 more pins so my Max number is 15. However the arcade and house are still undergoing renovation. Not sure when that will be finished, one thing at a time. House warming party several years after we move in. lol

2 weeks later
#568 4 years ago

I had the most epic game of IJ yesterday, and I managed to finally beat Eternal life. This was my 4th time trying. I was so excited I told the whole family thinking they would throw me a ticker tape parade, but their reactions were more like...

bored.png

Here's my ending score

IMG_1543.JPG

#569 4 years ago

You suck.

I'll never see that score in my lifetime...unless somebody else does it.

#570 4 years ago

Picked up an IJ yesterday... looking fairly good. I've got a few issues to work out before it'll play properly, and everything is really dirty. Needs a full teardown and shop. Few minor things I hope to have worked out soon, drop bank target throwing an error (fires a few times before each ball) and the ball popper for ball lock does not work during gameplay.

IJ.jpg

#571 4 years ago

After a couple of minor repairs this IJ is playing great! Fun game- next up is a much needed teardown and cleaning.

#572 4 years ago

Congrats on the pick up. I got my IJ two years ago and it still feels like a new experience every time I play it.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I had the most epic game of IJ yesterday, and I managed to finally beat Eternal life

Wow, that is a serious score, don't think I have ever cracked 2B!

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Wow, that is a serious score, don't think I have ever cracked 2B!

Prior to that game, just over 2 billion was the highest score I've ever achieved. It was just the perfect game where I just couldn't lose. Once in a lifetime for sure.

#575 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Just picked up IJ over the weekend, and had a question about a secondary board attached to the DMD board in the backbox. Here is a picture of the board. I have never seen this board on a machine, and it's not mentioned in the manual. Also, I have installed a ColorDMD display, so I don't even think I need this.IMG_1381.JPG Thanks!IMG_0922.JPG

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hi Everyone,
Just picked up IJ over the weekend, and had a question about a secondary board attached to the DMD board in the backbox. Here is a picture of the board. I have never seen this board on a machine, and it's not mentioned in the manual. Also, I have installed a ColorDMD display, so I don't even think I need this.IMG_1381.JPG Thanks!IMG_0922.JPG

auxilary driver board, section 2-13 in manual,part A-16100. from my limited understanding the game has so much going on it needed a extra board for xtra otpos and stuff.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

auxilary driver board, section 2-13 in manual,part A-16100. from my limited understanding the game has so much going on it needed a extra board for xtra otpos and stuff.

Thanks, and apologies as I need to be more specific in explaining which board. This is the board that is in on top of the DMD board with the two large capacitors.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Thanks, and apologies as I need to be more specific in explaining which board. This is the board that is in on top of the DMD board with the two large capacitors.

mine doesnt have that. Mine looks very different. Manual says dot matrix control board goes there, maybe yours is just some aftermarket kind.

heres a video of mine.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hi Everyone,

Looks like an after-market bypass board for the high voltage section of the WPC DMD controller board. If you're running with the ColorDMD, you can remove that board.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Looks like an after-market bypass board for the high voltage section of the WPC DMD controller board. If you're running with the ColorDMD, you can remove that board.

Thanks Dmod for the clarification. I was able to contact the seller, and he also mentioned that the board was purchased to reduce the stress on the power supply. Another add-on that I have never seen before is this cooling fan that came with the game. I can see where this might help if the game was on location running eight to twelve hours a day. For home use, not really needed. IMG_0932.jpg

#581 4 years ago

Does this sound like a rom issue.....once in awhile when a mode ends, the music from that mode will continue to play until I start a new mode or drain ball. I reseated connectors and bought new ribbon cables, still does it. Maybe I need to buy new rom set?

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Does this sound like a rom issue.....once in awhile when a mode ends, the music from that mode will continue to play until I start a new mode or drain ball. I reseated connectors and bought new ribbon cables, still does it. Maybe I need to buy new rom set?

What game ROM version do you have?

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

What game ROM version do you have?

newest one, L-7 i think it is.

#584 4 years ago

"I keep telling you, you listen to me more, you live longer!"
( i still crack up even while writing this)

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

newest one, L-7 i think it is.

I would first replace the game ROM again to L7. Also, is your CPU board original or aftermarket?

#586 4 years ago

For the rollover lanes I've got 3 bulbs lighting up the red plastic lane guides. I'm missing a lamp socket in the 4th lane guide nearest the captive ball. I'll probably add a socket there, just wondering if this is typical for IJ.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

For the rollover lanes I've got 3 bulbs lighting up the red plastic lane guides. I'm missing a lamp socket in the 4th lane guide nearest the captive ball. I'll probably add a socket there, just wondering if this is typical for IJ.

I have the same empty spot ready for a socket. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Wonder why it was dropped, anyone know? Just curious if you need a diode on the socket if you use a non ghosting led?

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

I would first replace the game ROM again to L7. Also, is your CPU board original or aftermarket?

cpu is aftermarket, do i buy the whole rom set?

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I have the same empty spot ready for a socket. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Wonder why it was dropped, anyone know? Just curious if you need a diode on the socket if you use a non ghosting led?

I believe it was excluded to reduce the load on the GI. If you've got LEDs in your GI then the power load should be lower and there should be no problem putting another lamp in. Just find a lamp socket and solder it in parallel with the others.

#590 4 years ago

Hello gang. Picked up my IJ yesterday. Came with a complete new set of decals so looks like the heat gun and sander are coming out again. For some reason, I enjoy this.

If I may, can I ask, are the 2 lights for the left and right inlanes supposed to stay on? mine are permanently lit - don't know if I should test transistors or not.

It's probably been covered, but is there a way of reducing airballs from the centre ENT targets?

For starting the pathway mode - if my pathway is tilted to the left, the ball doesn't enter it, it just goes down the left edge ramp. Is this normal?

Going to fit a pinsound board, color DMD, get rails/lockdown/hinges/legs gold electroplated, gun black or chrome (haven't decided yet) powdercoated and upgrade the speakers. And play the heck out of it.

#591 4 years ago

I also thought it was odd that the two clear inlane inserts should remain lit- mine do that as well. From the videos I've seen this appears to be normal.

#593 4 years ago

Has anyone else purchased the repro plastic set? Wondering if I got a bad batch, or if the colors are just off. Repro is on the left side.

IJ plastic.jpg

#594 4 years ago

Yes, mine were the same - colours not as vibrant. I guess it is what it is

#595 4 years ago

Ok thanks. I may only replace what is absolutely needed. Kind of a drag for 160 bucks.

#596 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wanted-nos-slingshot-plastics#post-2568468
Had the same colour issue with a set of repo slingshot plastics. Looking for a nos set.

#597 4 years ago

Starting the reassembly... I decided to live with the different colors for now, and will keep my original plastic set in case it bugs me too much. The greens are actually a nice match to the playfield green. Didn't mess with the lite jackpot plastic since I don't have a rivet press. I did have to cut a bigger wedge into the top plastic that touches the foot of that lite jackpot sign, it was way too tight.

IJ.jpg
IJ2.jpg

#598 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me where this piece is supposed to go? Thought I took all the pictures I'd need, but I can't find this one. Thanks!

IJ.jpg

#599 4 years ago

You sure it's from ij lol. I just looked all over mine and can't find it.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

If I may, can I ask, are the 2 lights for the left and right inlanes supposed to stay on? mine are permanently lit - don't know if I should test transistors or not.
It's probably been covered, but is there a way of reducing airballs from the centre ENT targets?
For starting the pathway mode - if my pathway is tilted to the left, the ball doesn't enter it, it just goes down the left edge ramp. Is this normal?

The inlane inserts are actually on the GI string. Very unusual.

I replaced my right flipper coil with the step down and it helps with airballs of ENT and increases the odds of mode starts sticking (I rarely get rejects, but I also have foam on the deflector and I drop the saucer using washers underneath the pf). Nothing you can do about airballs off the left flipper, but the software has a ball save compensation (comes in handy during Idol).

The ball should never skip past the POA. Check the side to side pitch of the game. Also try and make sure the back metal ramp is ever so slightly tilted down in the front. You might have to bend it if possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 4825 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 97.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside