IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 234.
#5351 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

That diode seems to get hit by the ball and touches and caused that. Ask me how I know!

That must have been it b.c it's not happening anymore. thanks!

#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes it would only happen when you're on your first ball, clearly the ball creates a short under the MiniPF and the machine interrupts it as someone pressing the start button and adds a player. If it were to happen once ball 2 was in play, then it would not do anything (ie pressing the start button is ignored)

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Cliffy makes a protector specifically to "protect" that switch. I highly recommend installing it and never worrying again. When I got my machine the previous owner had taped a piece of cardboard over the switch but it was a less than desirable solution for me. Installed the cliffy and haven't given it a second thought.

#5354 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Cliffy makes a protector specifically to "protect" that switch. I highly recommend installing it and never worrying again. When I got my machine the previous owner had taped a piece of cardboard over the switch but it was a less than desirable solution for me. Installed the cliffy and haven't given it a second thought.

To close the loop on this, I checked that diode as suggested and it was crushed. I fixed it and now it's been perfect. Thanks guys. Pinside has some really talented folks.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To close the loop on this, I checked that diode as suggested and it was crushed. I fixed it and now it's been perfect. Thanks guys. Pinside has some really talented folks.

Glad you fixed it but I would still consider putting the cliffy in or it will probably get hit/bent up again.

#5356 4 years ago

Quick question for you Indy restoration folks...

Does the metal guide go behind the exit ramp from the idol as I have it shown here. I think it does ... but it has a little bend to it that makes it look kind a funky. I can tweak the guide so if it’s on the outside it is flat against the ramp structure.

BED09B3C-31B5-42EE-BED7-5DA0D784EACD (resized).jpegBED09B3C-31B5-42EE-BED7-5DA0D784EACD (resized).jpeg757A4F81-7E16-4815-858A-08EA8E6A6FA7 (resized).jpeg757A4F81-7E16-4815-858A-08EA8E6A6FA7 (resized).jpeg
#5357 4 years ago

For those that have lit under their Idol / Idol ruins, what's the best method? I want to illuminate the yellow plastic housing underneath, but I do not want the entire ruins to be glowing.

I've installed a bulb socket in the extra hole underneath, so I'm ready to order whatever people recommend.

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Quick question for you Indy restoration folks...
Does the metal guide go behind the exit ramp from the idol as I have it shown here. I think it does ... but it has a little bend to it that makes it look kind a funky. I can tweak the guide so if it’s on the outside it is flat against the ramp structure.[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely inside meaning the ramp to the left of the flap. Mine actually has a space about 1/8 so it’s not even snug against it

The most important thing, roll a ball down it and make sure it goes smoothly through the gate

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Definitely inside meaning the ramp to the left of the flap. Mine actually has a space about 1/8 so it’s not even snug against it
The most important thing, roll a ball down it and make sure it goes smoothly through the gate

sooooo... my top picture or my bottom picture? sorry for me being confused

#5360 4 years ago

I wonder if you could paint the inside of the ruins to block the light.

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

sooooo... my top picture or my bottom picture? sorry for me being confused

Bottom. Ramp should be to the left. But as mentioned, more important to test the ball roll through the gate

#5362 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Bottom. Ramp should be to the left. But as mentioned, more important to test the ball roll through the gate

Affirmative! Thanks for the help!

#5365 4 years ago

"producer Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that her team is still hard at work on Indiana Jones 5"

Oh god, Indiana Jones 5 is gonna bomb huge!!!!!!

QSS

#5366 4 years ago

Hey, have some custom apron cards for IJ.

0ef0648c30e601117b4014a41b0cbfa9a5fd056d (1).pdf0ef0648c30e601117b4014a41b0cbfa9a5fd056d (1).pdf
#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

"producer Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that her team is still hard at work on Indiana Jones 5"
Oh god, Indiana Jones 5 is gonna bomb huge!!!!!!
QSS

At least we have the pin with the only good IJ movies

#5368 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Hey, have some custom apron cards for IJ.[quoted image]

These look great! Thanks for sharing. May change out the ones I currently have to yours.

#5369 4 years ago

still looking for this apron. Or someone who could make that.

apron_complete (resized).jpgapron_complete (resized).jpg
#5370 4 years ago

that would be awesome, maybe you good give the design to tiltgraphic that do cool magnetic apron. I guess the copyrigth is the issue

#5371 4 years ago

I just need someone with photoshop skills. I got some files that can make this apron.

#5372 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I just need someone with photoshop skills. I got some files that can make this apron.

Not that I want to spend all my free time doing so, but I could easily make this apron. I mean, it's less complex than the cards I just posted.

Maybe something to put on the backburner for a future project.

#5373 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

still looking for this apron. Or someone who could make that.[quoted image]

Ah, now you've got this thing in my head. I'd put together a high quality vector EPS for printing, if someone were to, say, offer to have it professionally printed and send me a copy. I really like that magnetic sheet idea. Non-destructive!

#5374 4 years ago

Well, this is a quick and dirty print on my little inkjet, and of course I had to tape 3 pieces of paper together to span the whole apron, but daaaaamn if that don't look slick. It's full vector, so that detail goes all the way down.

I get this thing printed professionally, maybe do that magnet thing, and baby you got a stew goin'.

20200228_144336 (resized).jpg20200228_144336 (resized).jpg20200228_144349 (resized).jpg20200228_144349 (resized).jpg20200228_144407 (resized).jpg20200228_144407 (resized).jpg20200228_144748 (resized).jpg20200228_144748 (resized).jpg20200228_144801 (resized).jpg20200228_144801 (resized).jpg
#5375 4 years ago

I very one-sidedly talked myself into doing this.

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I very one-sidedly talked myself into doing this.

Nicely done!

#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I just printed these out on photo paper and they look fantastic! Thanks for doing this. From the image posted, it looks like there is a checker board pattern in the background. But this does not print that way. They look just like the side art. Looks extremely professional.

#5378 4 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I just printed these out on photo paper and they look fantastic! Thanks for doing this. From the image posted, it looks like there is a checker board pattern in the background. But this does not print that way. They look just like the side art. Looks extremely professional.

Thanks. Yeah, the forum shows a really badly scaled and compressed preview image that looks like garbage. Once you see it up close or in print you can actually see the halftone pattern.

#5379 4 years ago

AaronZOOM thank you for the instruction cards and it would be amazing if you can do the apron. I would be glad to pitch in $ if it will help. I’m restoring an IJ and my apron decals on it currently are a disaster.

Following.

#5380 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

aaronzoom thank you for the instruction cards and it would be amazing if you can do the apron. I would be glad to pitch in $ if it will help. I’m restoring an IJ and my apron decals on it currently are a disaster.
Following.

Same here! ^^^^^^

#5381 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Well, this is a quick and dirty print on my little inkjet, and of course I had to tape 3 pieces of paper together to span the whole apron, but daaaaamn if that don't look slick. It's full vector, so that detail goes all the way down.
I get this thing printed professionally, maybe do that magnet thing, and baby you got a stew goin'.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent... you are gonna make a name for yourself here!!!

#5382 4 years ago

I had someone made these aprons for me some time back. To sorry, he is too busy to do another one for me.
The POTC on is printed on plastic, looks real professional. The Tron is printed on thicker paper. It does not need to be magnetic for me, that is a noce feature but mine are just lying on top.

20170208_210936 (resized).jpg20170208_210936 (resized).jpg20170703_001448 (resized).jpg20170703_001448 (resized).jpg
#5383 4 years ago

For the IJ one I have some files in various resolutions. Do not know myself how to stitch these together or rework them. For me integrating the three spears on the right for the shooterlane would be nice or an option that you can remove it if you do not want them.

I would remove the superpin and free play. Other ones I have samples from have different text there. The Indiana Jones logo would also be nice. The nice thing about this one is that it integrates with the theme so well. Most of these aftermarket aprons you see are just not matching. I also asked the guy who made the magnetic ones a few year ago if IJ and CFTBL are on the list, back then he said he was going to, but never happened.

#5384 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

For the IJ one I have some files in various resolutions. Do not know myself how to stitch these together or rework them. For me integrating the three spears on the right for the shooterlane would be nice or an option that you can remove it if you do not want them.
I would remove the superpin and free play. Other ones I have samples from have different text there. The Indiana Jones logo would also be nice. The nice thing about this one is that it integrates with the theme so well. Most of these aftermarket aprons you see are just not matching. I also asked the guy who made the magnetic ones a few year ago if IJ and CFTBL are on the list, back then he said he was going to, but never happened.

From your post, it seems like you missed my post where I actually showed the finished thing.
If you look about 10 posts up, you'll see I completely recreated the apron graphic based on your example.

I recreated everything as vector images, so I'm not constrained by pesky things like 'resolution.' For those who aren't graphically savvy, here's a quick primer:
If you take a photo, you have taken what's called a raster image. A raster image is made up of small square dots called pixels. If I increase the size of that image, I just make the pixels bigger, and the picture gets blocker and uglier. 99% of all images you see on the web are raster. Also they're compressed, which adds noise and blotchiness to images.
A vector image, like this new apron graphic, is mathematically based. That means I can make it the size of a bus, or a building, and it will never lose detail. There are no pixels, and it's only limited by the screen or paper you display it on.
This is why most apron cards and home graphic mods turn out poorly. The artist has grabbed some old poster art or a screen grab from somewhere online, and the resolution is tiny or badly compressed which becomes more noticeable when you adjust the size. Even the high resolution photos you take need some finessing to make them work, and a lot of people don't know how to do this or don't have the right equipment.

Back to the new apron, I did leave the SuperPin and free play logos off there as they stood out in a bad way, and are wholly unnecessary for HUO. I wouldn't add the Indy logo, because it's all over the machine already, and it feels better to keep the area clean and uncluttered, in my opinion. I did make a little sphinx graphic to go with the pyramids, but in the end I didn't think it added anything and took it out.

I've just made a print-ready file - I don't know what I'm going to do about actually printing this thing yet. It'd look great if it was printed on a heavy, glossy stock. Plastic like your Tron would be nice, but even a decent photo paper would look good if you could print without the seams of joining multiple sheets.

tl;dr: Anyway, to make a long story even longer, I have the file, but don't know what I want to do with it yet. Suggestions welcome. And if someone has a good option for getting it printed, I'd gladly share the file if they'd be willing to send me a copy of the final product.

#5385 4 years ago

If this would be proposed as a magnetic apron tiltgraphic style I would definitely chip in. It looks good. Étienne

#5386 4 years ago

Here's a preview of the apron with the Sphinx on it. I decided I didn't really care for it in the end.

download_20200229_123458 (resized).jpgdownload_20200229_123458 (resized).jpg
#5387 4 years ago

Also looks good

#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Here's a preview of the apron with the Sphinx on it. I decided I didn't really care for it in the end.[quoted image]

Good decision removing a sphinx that was never in any of the Indy movies.

#5389 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good decision removing a sphinx that was never in any of the Indy movies.

Ah, but neither were any of the pyramids! Depsite a good chunk of Raiders taking place in Cairo. And those pyramids on the apron are clearly Egyptian.
Also, that stepped pyramid on the right looks to me like the Pyramid of Djoser, which is also in near Cairo, and doesn't appear in the movies or anywhere else on the cabinet art.

So, I figured, "This is clearly supposed to be Egypt. If Indy is riding by the Giza complex, mightn't we see the Sphinx as well?"

Anyway, I simplified the Sphinx further, and it's starting to grow on me now.

Annotation 2020-02-29 134040 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-02-29 134040 (resized).jpg
#5390 4 years ago

or maybe they include the Sphinx in Indy 5 and it’s a subtle hint of things to come?

#5391 4 years ago

You COULD say that whomever created the original mock-up of the full apron actually knew their archaeology. If you look at the original graphic that @peterg posted, you'll see the pyramid on the left actually has a different shape than the other 3. It has a distinct bend in it, so I assume it is the famous Bent Pyramid. The three next to Indy must be the most well-known Giza Necropolis, and way off to the right is the stepped pyramid of Djoser. This isn't just some apron graphic - it's a hidden lesson in Egyptology. All of these structures are geographically fairly close to each other.

I "un-bent" the pyramid on the left to make it match the others, but I may put the bend back in just because it's so technically accurate, and that pleases me. Especially for an Indiana Jones themed pin, it just warms my archaeology heart.

Annotation 2020-02-29 140853 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2020-02-29 140853 (resized).jpg966 (resized).jpg966 (resized).jpgPyramid-of-Djoser (resized).jpgPyramid-of-Djoser (resized).jpg
#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Nice work!! Already installed on my game. Ever consider TZ or AFM?

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from mike99:

Nice work!! Already installed on my game. Ever consider TZ or AFM?

While I really like AFM and its art style, I don't really have any plans to make other cards right now. It's pretty time intensive work, and I unfortunately can't sell things I don't own the licensing rights to.

The Indy stuff was just a labour of love, because I'm an Indiana Jones fan first and a pinball fan second. Glad you like the cards, though!

#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

You COULD say that whomever created the original mock-up of the full apron actually knew their archaeology. If you look at the original graphic that @peterg posted, you'll see the pyramid on the left actually has a different shape than the other 3. It has a distinct bend in it, so I assume it is the famous Bent Pyramid. The three next to Indy must be the most well-known Giza Necropolis, and way off to the right is the stepped pyramid of Djoser. This isn't just some apron graphic - it's a hidden lesson in Egyptology. All of these structures are geographically fairly close to each other.
I "un-bent" the pyramid on the left to make it match the others, but I may put the bend back in just because it's so technically accurate, and that pleases me. Especially for an Indiana Jones themed pin, it just warms my archaeology heart.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, but where is the pit of snakes?

#5395 4 years ago

Wholy Golden Moly!

#5396 4 years ago

Okay, after talking with a few people and looking into some options, I'm officially looking to gauge interest in the apron graphic. Anyone want one? Just looking to cover the costs of printing and shipping.

I'm looking to get them printed on magnetic sheets, and they would be uncut so you'd have to trim yourselves. Better that way, so you can be sure they'll completely cover your existing decals.

And what would be the preference? Original version with the single, straight pyramid on the left? Or archaeology version with the Bent Pyramid and Sphinx?

ApronDefault.jpgApronDefault.jpgApronWsphinx.jpgApronWsphinx.jpg
#5397 4 years ago

I am interested in either version. What are you thinking in terms of cost and shipping?

#5398 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I am interested in either version. What are you thinking in terms of cost and shipping?

Depends on how many people order one, I guess. Estimating printing will probably be in the 30-50 range, plus shipping to me. Then final ship cost to you would be based on your location.

Once I have a number locked in, I'll get a more accurate quote. Only planning on doing one print run.

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Okay, after talking with a few people and looking into some options, I'm officially looking to gauge interest in the apron graphic. Anyone want one? Just looking to cover the costs of printing and shipping.
I'm looking to get them printed on magnetic sheets, and they would be uncut so you'd have to trim yourselves. Better that way, so you can be sure they'll completely cover your existing decals.
And what would be the preference? Original version with the single, straight pyramid on the left? Or archaeology version with the Bent Pyramid and Sphinx?[quoted image][quoted image]

I would like one as well please

#5400 4 years ago

+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.