Topic Stats

• 5,326 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,700 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200207_175017 (resized).jpg
Lamp Matrix (resized).png
B507C260-64F4-458F-BEAE-8B5E12B8B09E (resized).jpeg
20200203_181535 (resized).jpg
20200203_181500 (resized).jpg
20200203_181556 (resized).jpg
20200203_181624 (resized).jpg
20200203_181522 (resized).jpg
BF7B45E0-6174-43D7-AE41-341B99586755 (resized).png
4A7F634A-34B6-4D0C-916A-A20B93F283A7.jpeg
A17FEC6C-9ECA-4A7C-8489-D3DE47D121E7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shaker (resized).png
DSCN3424 (resized).JPG
DSCN3422 (resized).JPG
DSCN3409 (resized).JPG

There are 5326 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 107.
#5301 10 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Going to add the air ball protector to the captive ball drop. Looks like I def have to move the ramp out of the way to access the lock nuts. The diverter is staring at me in the ramp. Easy to move out of the way for access or a PIA?
Thx

Need to remove the plastic cover that is on top of the ramp and loosen the grub screw underneath the playfield, after which the diverter will slide out. It's a little bit work but not that bad to do.

#5302 10 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Need to remove the plastic cover that is on top of the ramp and loosen the grub screw underneath the playfield, after which the diverter will slide out. It's a little bit work but not that bad to do.

thx. actually got a mini socket and was able to get nuts off and plastic is now on...

#5303 10 days ago

I’m looking for suggestions about what to do for divots in the ball trough. Marco wants a bunch for a new trough, but they had an insert as a solution for magnetized balls, so I bought it. Problem is, the ball return from the play field is pretty tight - I measured it at 1 1/8”. The insert is 1/8”, which causes the ball to get stuck. So, what should I do? I have a few ideas, but would like to hear from others who have faced this problem. Thanks

#5304 10 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I’m looking for suggestions about what to do for divots in the ball trough. Marco wants a bunch for a new trough, but they had an insert as a solution for magnetized balls, so I bought it. Problem is, the ball return from the play field is pretty tight - I measured it at 1 1/8”. The insert is 1/8”, which causes the ball to get stuck. So, what should I do? I have a few ideas, but would like to hear from others who have faced this problem. Thanks

Buy a new ball trough. You have a $7-$12K Indy, it deserves a new ball trough

#5305 10 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I recently purchased the upgraded ball trough for my Indy, and yeah... that insert doesn't work for Indy. The new trough has some tolerance issues on my machine... the two holes closest to the eject hole do not align with the trough mounting holes. Its fixable by elongating the holes outward. I almost returned it because it was pricey and I wanted it to fit without me having to go at my playfield with a drill bit. I've decided to keep it for now... the rails inside the trough are very nice though... they are gentile on the balls

#5306 10 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

Works like a charm and takes literally 10 seconds to install.

Open coin door. Push underneath the balls until it clicks into place. Live your life worry free.

#5307 10 days ago
Quoted from Billc479:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/61#post-4361432

#5308 10 days ago

Kind of a different type of question but I'm thinking of adding a few WWII era German plane iron cross decals to the stock airplanes on my IJ to make them at least a bit more realistic.

There are some decals on Ebay, etc but I am unsure what size to buy. Does anyone know if the planes would need 1/48th size decals or something smaller? Any insight is appreciated

#5309 10 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Kind of a different type of question but I'm thinking of adding a few WWII era German plane iron cross decals to the stock airplanes on my IJ to make them at least a bit more realistic.
There are some decals on Ebay, etc but I am unsure what size to buy. Does anyone know if the planes would need 1/48th size decals or something smaller? Any insight is appreciated

1:48 is the closest.
Are you looking for realistic?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/26#post-4971721

#5310 10 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

1:48 will do

#5311 10 days ago

I saw those a few months back. Really cool and the best plane mod I've seen.

I just have limited time right now and the thought of disconnecting, reinstalling, and all the work (and cost) that goes along with it are a bit daunting right now. If I was better with wiring and pinball fixes, I'd probably have already done it. Maybe down the road.

#5312 9 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I saw those a few months back. Really cool and the best plane mod I've seen.
I just have limited time right now and the thought of disconnecting, reinstalling, and all the work (and cost) that goes along with it are a bit daunting right now. If I was better with wiring and pinball fixes, I'd probably have already done it. Maybe down the road.

Do yourself a favor (when you have the extra cash) and get the planes from KornFreak, before he stops making them. They are awesome! And even for newbies they are really simple to install in 10 minutes.

#5313 9 days ago

I picked up an IJ about 2 weeks ago.
I cleaned, waxed, LEDed, rubbered, and replaced anything dirty, broken, or rusty.
It's looking good and planned to put side blades on last night.
Problem is that the left side is SUPER tight. Right side isn't so bad.
Any ideas on a fix?

Some of my games are tight, but not like this one. Theres an obvious "rub" mark on the left from lifting and dropping the play field.

#5314 9 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Do yourself a favor (when you have the extra cash) and get the planes from KornFreak, before he stops making them. They are awesome! And even for newbies they are really simple to install in 10 minutes.

Thanks for the kind words!

#5315 9 days ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

I picked up an IJ about 2 weeks ago.
I cleaned, waxed, LEDed, rubbered, and replaced anything dirty, broken, or rusty.
It's looking good and planned to put side blades on last night.
Problem is that the left side is SUPER tight. Right side isn't so bad.
Any ideas on a fix?
Some of my games are tight, but not like this one. Theres an obvious "rub" mark on the left from lifting and dropping the play field.

First check to see if your cabinet is warped.

#5316 9 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Thanks. I would like to do that as they look pretty cool. Do they attach via alligator type clips or is there soldering involved?

#5317 9 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks. I would like to do that as they look pretty cool. Do they attach via alligator type clips or is there soldering involved?

No soldering! KornFreak will walk you through relatively easy steps

#5318 9 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sent you a PM

#5319 9 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Please post your questions here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/31#post-5456735

#5320 8 days ago

Since July of 2019, when I picked up Indy, I noticed two lights coming on together on all of row 4 and 5 of the light matrix. I finally looked deep into it, was focusing on the 38 lamp board checking everything with DMM. Was stumped, until i noticed solder splashes all over thinking solder may be touching the tracers to bleed power over. Magnification was needed to spot previous work to where, see pic, the solder between two pins was touching. Yes, that is a Friday night victory and to celebrate, In and Out Double Double is making it's way home now....

I still consider myself a noob to pin troubleshooting, but I'm winning each battle (yes, I take a beating from time to time and usually get help from the smart dudes on this forum).

20200207_175017 (resized).jpgLamp Matrix (resized).png
#5321 7 days ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Since July of 2019, when I picked up Indy, I noticed two lights coming on together on all of row 4 and 5 of the light matrix. I finally looked deep into it, was focusing on the 38 lamp board checking everything with DMM. Was stumped, until i noticed solder splashes all over thinking solder may be touching the tracers to bleed power over. Magnification was needed to spot previous work to where, see pic, the solder between two pins was touching. Yes, that is a Friday night victory and to celebrate, In and Out Double Double is making it's way home now....
I still consider myself a noob to pin troubleshooting, but I'm winning each battle (yes, I take a beating from time to time and usually get help from the smart dudes on this forum).[quoted image][quoted image]

Great find!! That will feel sweet each time you turn that game on!

#5322 7 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Great find!! That will feel sweet each time you turn that game on!

Agreed, it was confusing when the "Y" in Indy and Willie would be on solid or flashing as well as the POA mini playfield the extra ball arrow and right switch light would both be on, so finally, all is working well.....until the next issue arises

#5323 4 days ago

ok I build in the shaker from Pinsound, went in easy. Now what is the best mix for IJ with Shaker?

#5324 2 days ago

Hey guys, looking for a IJ, if anyone knows of one, let me know price and condition, one that needs to be restored is better. Thanks Mike

#5325 17 hours ago

I am getting ready to paint touchup and clear coat my playfield with Spraymax 2K aerosol. I have read a post from someone on this forum that you can't clear coat the mini playfield because then the ball moves too fast making it impossible to rollover all the switches. Is this true?

#5326 15 hours ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I am getting ready to paint touchup and clear coat my playfield with Spraymax 2K aerosol. I have read a post from someone on this forum that you can't clear coat the mini playfield because then the ball moves too fast making it impossible to rollover all the switches. Is this true?

Not true. HSA restored both of them for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
There are 5326 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 107.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside