IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 235.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Hey,
Does anybody know wiring for J5-4 on the 8-Driver PCB assembly? Or does this picture of J5 look like yours? Manual says violet white should be J5-4 not J5-1 that my machine is. It had been working until top right switch of mini pf was fixed. Thanks[quoted image]

My machine is wired the same as yours, with the Violet-White connected to J5-1

#5252 4 years ago

WOW! Finally got Eternal Life Wizard mode! Wholly shit!

4A7F634A-34B6-4D0C-916A-A20B93F283A7.jpeg4A7F634A-34B6-4D0C-916A-A20B93F283A7.jpeg
#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

WOW! Finally got Eternal Life Wizard mode! Wholly shit![quoted image]

Nice, I haven’t gotten there yet!

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

WOW! Finally got Eternal Life Wizard mode! Wholly shit![quoted image]

Did you manage to finish it? I've got there once but couldn't get the job done

#5255 4 years ago

Naw I didn’t, I was yelling too much to focus. Time just freezes and your just trying to hit everything you can. I think I needed both ramps, they were still lit. But what a victory lap when it starts. I played every mode fully, no mode drains. I did have 2x extra balls earned thou, almost made it on the 4th but drained playing the 12th mode. So the 5th ball was due or die. It’s interesting though, if you drain on the 12th mode and you have 1 more ball you get the attached shot. Man if I drained on the 12th without a ball left I would have fell over

BF7B45E0-6174-43D7-AE41-341B99586755 (resized).pngBF7B45E0-6174-43D7-AE41-341B99586755 (resized).png
#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Naw I didn’t, I was yelling too much to focus. Time just freezes and your just trying to hit everything you can. I think I needed both ramps, they were still lit. But what a victory lap when it starts. I played every mode fully, no mode drains. I did have 2x extra balls earned thou, almost made it on the 4th but drained playing the 12th mode. So the 5th ball was due or die. It’s interesting though, if you drain on the 12th mode and you have 1 more ball you get the attached shot. Man if I drained on the 12th without a ball left I would have fell over[quoted image]

Yes the pressure and anxiousness in getting there, followed by sheer elation, normally means feel I'm that drained in the final wizard mode that I brick most of my shots

#5257 4 years ago

It really puts an almost impossible challenge on this table. Just to get all 12 modes is a fulfilling task. But to get the Wizard bonus in 30 seconds - one in a million. I guess when you get that goal you’re ready to compete at Pinburg?

Either way, the most challenging Wizard mode hands down. The only one simular but not as challenging is GNR. 6 balls in the finale is just insane esp since all 6 never drain

#5258 4 years ago

Due to a still existing software bug it's impossible to reach the end of the game!
The more points you score, the more the CPU counts wrong.

#5259 4 years ago

Some people have definitely got it. They’ve mentioned it here. Not sure when then bug takes over but I’ll tell you once I actually get all the switches. I could clearly see which ones were left

#5260 4 years ago

Software failure depends on the reached modes and the sequence how they restart.

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Software failure depends on the reached modes and the sequence how they restart.

So you got to Wizard Mode and it didn’t work for you?

#5262 4 years ago

Often the game doesn't continue and starts to count wrong and this is independent of which mode is currently played.

#5263 4 years ago

Has anyone looked into fixing this issue with an updated rom?

#5264 4 years ago

There's no more update since L-7.
Month ago I wrote to Brian Eddy but no response.

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Due to a still existing software bug it's impossible to reach the end of the game!
The more points you score, the more the CPU counts wrong.

#5266 4 years ago

am I reading this correctly, the greatest game ever built has a dicked up wizard mode?

#5267 4 years ago

Hey all. I just did a flipper rebuild over the weekend and not the airballs from the drop targets is really bad. Is there a fix available. I know someone made a plastic but they are all gone. Is there another solution?

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Hey all. I just did a flipper rebuild over the weekend and not the airballs from the drop targets is really bad. Is there a fix available. I know someone made a plastic but they are all gone. Is there another solution?

Not that I’m aware of I have the plastic and can use a new one.

Anyone making them?

#5269 4 years ago

@Psw757
@Jgel
Last 2 airball protector with minor flaws are available, that's the 1-1 leftover from the 1st and the last run.

20200203_181500 (resized).jpg20200203_181500 (resized).jpg20200203_181522 (resized).jpg20200203_181522 (resized).jpg20200203_181535 (resized).jpg20200203_181535 (resized).jpg20200203_181556 (resized).jpg20200203_181556 (resized).jpg20200203_181624 (resized).jpg20200203_181624 (resized).jpg
#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Often the game doesn't continue and starts to count wrong and this is independent of which mode is currently played.

So only some pins might have this issue, and there doesn’t seem to be any specifics. Probably bad switches?

On the other hand though, many people on the leaders scores got it so its working.

Wonder who specific has run into this issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/indiana-jones/scores

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So only some pins might have this issue, and there doesn’t seem to be any specifics. Probably bad switches?
On the other hand though, many people on the leaders scores got it so its working.
Wonder who specific has run into this issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/indiana-jones/scores

I have finished it a few times, so its not impossible.

#5272 4 years ago

As I said, it depends on the reached goals of each mode and it's sequence, so each game is different.
The game is working and you can play extremely high scores, but the bug still remain in the code.

https://www.maddes.net/pinball/brian_eddy_200401.htm

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have finished it a few times, so its not impossible.

What Version of code do you have? Also have you tried manually testing it with the glass off?

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

As I said, it depends on the reached goals of each mode and it's sequence, so each game is different.
The game is working and you can play extremely high scores, but the bug still remain in the code.
https://www.maddes.net/pinball/brian_eddy_200401.htm

This is an interesting read but it mentions nothing about a Wizard bug. Where did you find the specifics about the bug at?

Fremen What version of the code you using? Seems like you were able to get the Eternal Life 1 Billion Bonus

#5275 4 years ago

This post is interesting, but based on older L6 code.

“ It would appear that this feature is one of the buggiest on the game.
Sometimes it will give the animation for the 1B but not the points,
and it will often leave the Path of Adventure playfield confused.”

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/916481-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure/faqs/1396

Guess I’ll have to take the glass off and test it out. I have L7

#5276 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

This post is interesting, but based on older L6 code.
“ It would appear that this feature is one of the buggiest on the game.
Sometimes it will give the animation for the 1B but not the points,
and it will often leave the Path of Adventure playfield confused.”
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/916481-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure/faqs/1396
Guess I’ll have to take the glass off and test it out. I have L7

Im running the L7 code.
I never tested with the glass off.

I have however made the billion a few times.

Its rare.

I just know that its possible even with a code bug.

I think the bug occurs if specific conditions are met.

I guess i have never met the specufications for the bug yet.

#5277 4 years ago

I’m going to try and attempt to replicate the error and success. Hopefully pinpoint exactly (or close) what causes it to work/not work

Seems like a painful shame to get there, then get it all to not get paid in full

#5279 4 years ago

Not a crazy amount of bugs considering how much is in this game and how much can go wrong

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Not a crazy amount of bugs considering how much is in this game and how much can go wrong

Pro tip: don’t be good enough to reach the point at which any of these bugs come into play.

#5281 4 years ago

Congrats on Wizard Mode! Since you have eternal life for 30 seconds, i personally have found the best bet is to go for the right ramp and POA during that time ( since it is the toughest shot and you gotta hit it twice). And once there are 6 balls out there, you rarely get many clear shots. So, while you have that 30 seconds of eternal life, let a few balls intentionally drain here and there to keep that shot more clear and keep shooting for that right ramp.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It really puts an almost impossible challenge on this table. Just to get all 12 modes is a fulfilling task. But to get the Wizard bonus in 30 seconds - one in a million. I guess when you get that goal you’re ready to compete at Pinburg?
Either way, the most challenging Wizard mode hands down. The only one simular but not as challenging is GNR. 6 balls in the finale is just insane esp since all 6 never drain

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Congrats on Wizard Mode! Since you have eternal life for 30 seconds, i personally have found the best bet is to go for the right ramp and POA during that time ( since it is the toughest shot and you gotta hit it twice). And once there are 6 balls out there, you rarely get many clear shots. So, while you have that 30 seconds of eternal life, let a few balls intentionally drain here and there to keep that shot more clear and keep shooting for that right ramp.

So just out of curiosity what is happening on the dmd while this is going on?

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I am confused as to what you are mentioning here. I have been to wizard mode at least 15-20 times now and have never had any problems.
I have read that there is some bug that if you succeed, it occasionally does not award you the 1 billion points, but again i have never experienced this problem

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So just out of curiosity what is happening on the dmd while this is going on?

It shows you how many shots/switches you have remaining to complete

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I am confused as to what you are mentioning here. I have been to wizard mode at least 15-20 times now and have never had any problems.
I have read that there is some bug that if you succeed, it occasionally does not award you the 1 billion points, but again i have never experienced this problem

Yeah that was my thoughts, seemed like the bug exists but rewards the 1BIL majority of the time but a bug existed in L6 where it had issues. Not sure if this exists in L7

What version of code do you have?

#5286 4 years ago

BTW Fremen you got some incredible scores

Check out this poor cat, so close

#5287 4 years ago

I have installed latest official game rom L-7.
The bug still remain.

Brian Eddy mentioned in the interview it should be fixed in a L-8 rom, but he also said that it's not as easy at it seems.
It's been a while since he was working on the code and he don't know how to compile it, even if he had the permission (rights) and the equippment.

In my opinion we have to live with that "issues".
But maybe sometime there's a remake with a new code?

#5288 4 years ago

Yeah, doesn’t really seem like an issue tho. Everyone so far has got the 1BIL jackpot. So guess I can live with that

#5289 4 years ago

Heads up - pinsound Shaker back in stock! Just bought one as my game already had pinsound plus which btw - haven't owned a machine with one of these in sometime and it's crazy how good the sound quality is.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Heads up - pinsound Shaker back in stock! Just bought one as my game already had pinsound plus which btw - haven't owned a machine with one of these in sometime and it's crazy how good the sound quality is.

I'm curious why Pinsound lists IJ as one of the machines with a shaker mix, but it's not available anywhere on the site.

#5291 4 years ago

I bought the shaker last year, still need to instal it, I also got a special cable to get it on the original pinsound. I discussed this with Nicolas he said to update pinsound firmware and get the new mix from the site to get it working. Does anybody have this shaker installed already and working?

#5292 4 years ago

I have it installed and it works great.

#5293 4 years ago

Just wondering if the endprodukt reorchestestion has been updated. I’ve got version 0.97.

#5294 4 years ago

I missed finishing eternal life multi ball by 2 lights on POA today, first time I’ve got there.

B507C260-64F4-458F-BEAE-8B5E12B8B09E (resized).jpegB507C260-64F4-458F-BEAE-8B5E12B8B09E (resized).jpeg
#5295 4 years ago

Congrats! What a payoff huh? The 1BIL always gives you a reason to try again

#5296 4 years ago

Lostcause Hey, i also noticed your Jackpot lights are a nice Amber hue - did you change these out? Mine are super bright and really want to dull them down

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah that was my thoughts, seemed like the bug exists but rewards the 1BIL majority of the time but a bug existed in L6 where it had issues. Not sure if this exists in L7
What version of code do you have?

I have L7 version

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW fremen you got some incredible scores

Check out this poor cat, so close

Thank you! Well, its the only pin I have so I have played in quite a bit in the 3.5 years i have had it.
Dang, so close, 1 shot! I loved how you were working (shaking) that machine. I bet you will be back to Wizard Mode soon....

#5299 4 years ago

Installed the headphone station on my Indy yesterday. It connects to the original pinsound with an additional addaptor, after firmware upgrade everything works fine. So next stop is the shaker.

#5300 4 years ago

Going to add the air ball protector to the captive ball drop. Looks like I def have to move the ramp out of the way to access the lock nuts. The diverter is staring at me in the ramp. Easy to move out of the way for access or a PIA?

Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 11,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.