IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 234.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been trying to come up with a way to light this area just a little bit myself. Have the lost plastic and it is really not that visible while playing. Don’t want major tear down though to install. Perhaps a led light strip from above along topside of cabinet/glass channel area?

I’m going to try clear bumper bodies to illuminate the general area. I’m also going to try to cut an acrylic back board.

#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m going to try clear bumper bodies to illuminate the general area. I’m also going to try to cut an acrylic back board.

For what it’s worth, the LED strip is FAR less work and is definitely more effective to light the lost plastic area. Save yourself a lot of headaches pulling out pops

#5203 4 years ago

What does it look like properly lit? Mine seems fine without it and gets some of the red glow from the pop bumpers

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For what it’s worth, the LED strip is FAR less work and is definitely more effective to light the lost plastic area. Save yourself a lot of headaches pulling out pops

I’m in the middle of my restoration... my playfield is stripped... otherwise ... I wouldn’t bother

#5205 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, no matter how rigged the Pinside top 100 is, this is the greatest pin ever made. JJP POTC might have an argument, but everything else rated here is not ever close.
Hey let’s hit a castle that’s 2/3 the size of the playfield? Of course you can hit it and do great, it’s 2/3 the playfield. Boom #1 pin, um no Mediocre Madness
Williams Indiana Jones is the GOAT

While I generally agree, I go back and forth between IJ and AFM. IJ can be tough on novice players, and can be clunky if you don't have some shot accuracy. AFM seems accessible to everyone and is fun no matter what your skill level. IJ will also never be remade, and has the most killer sound upgrade thanks to EndProdukt.

#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been trying to come up with a way to light this area just a little bit myself. Have the lost plastic and it is really not that visible while playing. Don’t want major tear down though to install. Perhaps a led light strip from above along topside of cabinet/glass channel area?

Here is what I did, install a green light strip on the right and left side with a dimmer, and an orange one on the middle. It lights up gently the lost plastic.

IMG_20200125_140811 (resized).jpgIMG_20200125_140811 (resized).jpg
#5207 4 years ago

No one needs a lost plastic...

DSCN3770 (resized).JPGDSCN3770 (resized).JPG

DSCN4365 (resized).JPGDSCN4365 (resized).JPG

DSCN4366 (resized).JPGDSCN4366 (resized).JPG

DSCN4423 (resized).JPGDSCN4423 (resized).JPG

DSCN4424 (resized).JPGDSCN4424 (resized).JPG

DSCN4425 (resized).JPGDSCN4425 (resized).JPG

DSCN4695 (resized).JPGDSCN4695 (resized).JPG

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5208 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’m a bit confused, what exactly am I looking at here? Light mod for the plastic?

#5209 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So did you print the Lost Plastic image on a 1/4 inch thick plexiglass sheet? Either way, looks cool AF

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So did you print the Lost Plastic image on a 1/4 inch thick plexiglass sheet? Either way, looks cool AF

Agree that is a cool look and I’m amazed nobody has made this mod.

I’d buy one if someone made them.

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree that is a cool look and I’m amazed nobody has made this mod.
I’d buy one if someone made them.

It's a 3/4" sheet. If everything goes well, you will see soon this mod in this thread.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's a 3/4" sheet. If everything goes well, you will see soon this mod in this thread.

Sounds good, count me in!

#5213 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I want one!

#5214 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a new POA Ruins and Idol mod?

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I have brand new; idol ruins and set of POA rails for the mini-playfield. I just ended up not installing them. Highly detailed works of art. Think I paid like 450.00+ or something ...”
2020-01-26
Walnut Creek, CA
360 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 236 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hey now... don’t tempt me

#5216 4 years ago

This BackPlex was made by TomDK years ago.
They're very limited and rare to find.
But I'm sure Davi can make them as well.

It's the same idea I implemented on my T2
(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/154#post-5406881)

You just need a piece of Plexi and copy the outlines of the wooden panel on it.
Laser cutting is recommended for a good result and the rest of work is only creativity and craftmanship.
Sure, you need the right material for the decal but you should get advice at your local print shop.

#5217 4 years ago

Finally in the club!
Bought it from a lady in her 70s/80s that was moving to Florida. Has been in her basement for over 20 years!! 11 hour drive was worth it!

D7454C73-EBA2-41B3-995F-0153DD2EB935 (resized).jpegD7454C73-EBA2-41B3-995F-0153DD2EB935 (resized).jpeg
#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Finally in the club!
Bought it from a lady in her 70s/80s that was moving to Florida. Has been in her basement for over 20 years!! 11 hour drive was worth it![quoted image]

Did you get a good deal, or did she know what she had?

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Did you get a good deal, or did she know what she had?

Luckily she had a friend who was into pinball and arcades. He actually sold it to them back in the day. I paid 6600$. I thought it was more than fair.

#5220 4 years ago

That’s a steal for a HUO. Congrats, best pin ever made

#5221 4 years ago

Don't forget the ALIEN

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Don't forget the ALIEN

#5223 4 years ago

Believe me, I have both of them... the Indy is great and one of the best Pins ever made.
But this ALIEN... it's a masterpiece from outer space.

#5224 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Believe me, I have both of them... the Indy is great and one of the best Pins ever made.
But this ALIEN... it's a masterpiece from outer space.

I’d crack you with with Indys whip if you were here. Instead I’ll just sit back hoping you get abducted by some Aliens

You’re just trying to justify the $15K you spent on the broken machine that is Alien. Now just stop before a real Alien comes bursting out of your stomach

#5225 4 years ago

No, I haven't paid that price, of course it wasn't cheap, but worth the price and all the work.
My Indy is a keeper and has a story behind it and I cannot sell the machine or swap with another one. I spent 18 month in restoring the Indy and it was a real challenge. At the end it became an unique Pinball Machine with a hell of a bunch of improvements. Please consider that this Pin is nearly 30 years old and it took decades to have a Pinball like the ALIEN came up. Against the Indy the ALIEN is a very rare and innovative Pinball machine that shouldn't be underestimated.

#5226 4 years ago
BA3283BC-911E-4FAA-9D8A-93BB3A234CA1 (resized).jpegBA3283BC-911E-4FAA-9D8A-93BB3A234CA1 (resized).jpeg
#5227 4 years ago

I own an Indy and love it, but have to admit Alien is a great game also. I have played the one at Flipout in the UK lots and it is amazing.

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I own an Indy and love it, but have to admit Alien is a great game also. I have played the one at Flipout in the UK lots and it is amazing.

While I really like Alien too, I'm just not quite sure that they'll still be running in 27 years ...

#5229 4 years ago

If we didn't find a solution for a replacement of the really bad designed IO-Boards in the near future - ALIEN could be an expensive kind of a trunk.

But man, it's a hell beautiful piece of shit...

ALEIN (resized).jpgALEIN (resized).jpg

#5230 4 years ago
414AB215-35B8-4160-9D66-3E3F528B973F (resized).jpeg414AB215-35B8-4160-9D66-3E3F528B973F (resized).jpeg
#5231 4 years ago

About to rejoin the club. Really going to give this one some time bc it's truly the perfect package for me.... Great modes, great theme great music superpin from 90s etc.

One question - I know there is a Shaker out for older games. Does it work well for this one? Thoughts?

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

About to rejoin the club. Really going to give this one some time bc it's truly the perfect package for me.... Great modes, great theme great music superpin from 90s etc.
One question - I know there is a Shaker out for older games. Does it work well for this one? Thoughts?

My pinsound shaker works really good.

#5233 4 years ago

Shaker in Indy is a must have.
This is custon made powered with PinSound 1.

DSCN3409 (resized).JPGDSCN3409 (resized).JPG

DSCN3422 (resized).JPGDSCN3422 (resized).JPG

DSCN3417 (resized).JPGDSCN3417 (resized).JPG

DSCN3424 (resized).JPGDSCN3424 (resized).JPG

DSCN3436 (resized).JPGDSCN3436 (resized).JPG

DSCN5134 (resized).JPGDSCN5134 (resized).JPG

#5234 4 years ago

So which should I get and does it just work instantly once plugged in or do I need updated rom

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So which should I get and does it just work instantly once plugged in or do I need updated rom

Pinsound+ and the pinsound shaker. The endprodukt reorchestestion for IJ is incredible.

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Pinsound+ and the pinsound shaker. The endprodukt reorchestestion for IJ is incredible.

OK i already have pinsound in it. Will look into it.

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK i already have pinsound in it. Will look into it.

With the pinsound studio you can fully customize the shaker effects to match up with different events in the game.

#5238 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Are the shakers preprogrammed in the mix or do you have to program the shakes?

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does it require an external or additional power supply? Where does it connect to?

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does it require an external or additional power supply? Where does it connect to?

It connects to J101 on the driver board via a pass through.

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are the shakers preprogrammed in the mix or do you have to program the shakes?

The shaker needs to be programmed into the mix. It's fully customizable and you can tweak the strength and type of shake with different sound events in the game.

I'm begun working on a "shaker" enhanced mix, but I'm nowhere near done yet. Happy to collaborate with others here. The trick is in the tweaking / refining of the effects so they feel natural in the game. I've already done the mine cart mode which is amazing, as well as the ball locks, POA holes, and Jackpots (increasing strength as jackpot increases) . Lots more to do.

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

It connects to J101 on the driver board via a pass through.

Where does the control board go? Backbox or cabinet?

#5243 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where does the control board go? Backbox or cabinet?

Backbox, but it's quite small.

shaker (resized).pngshaker (resized).png
#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Backbox, but it's quite small.[quoted image]

Thanks! Too bad it’s out of stock

#5245 4 years ago

Motion Control... what a crap!

#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Motion Control... what a crap!

Cool story.

#5247 4 years ago

No, it's a sad story behind PinSound 1, promised developments and what PinSound did with customers!

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

No, it's a sad story behind PinSound 1, promised developments and what PinSound did with customers!

Is it because the pinsound 1 doesn’t support the shaker? Do they have an upgrade program?

#5249 4 years ago

No, Shaker support was working very well and PinSound 1 was first with this feature.
The community developed all the basics, PinSound + is working with now.
PinSound promised to support different function, for instance Channel B support to switch LED, etc.
But they lied and developed PinSound + to make more money and left PinSound 1 user with an incomplete hardware.
Everything PinSound + and Motion Control does PinSound 1 can do too.

#5250 4 years ago

Hey,
Does anybody know wiring for J5-4 on the 8-Driver PCB assembly? Or does this picture of J5 look like yours? Manual says violet white should be J5-4 not J5-1 that my machine is. It had been working until top right switch of mini pf was fixed. Thanks

A17FEC6C-9ECA-4A7C-8489-D3DE47D121E7 (resized).jpegA17FEC6C-9ECA-4A7C-8489-D3DE47D121E7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/105?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.