IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 234.
#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m discussing both issues with Nicholas at Pinsound. Hopefully he can figure it out.
Seems like a Pinsound + vs Pinsound 1 conversion issue.

Thank you for looking into this and troubleshooting for those of us with no time.
I have pinsound+ and have no idea what Im missing.
You get the gunshot at Ball Launch?, right?

#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank you for looking into this and troubleshooting for those of us with no time.
I have pinsound+ and have no idea what Im missing.
You get the gunshot at Ball Launch?, right?

It’s a different quieter sounding gunshot for streets of Cairo, almost muted a bit because there is some dialogue associated with it.

On a different note I’ve been noticing g perhaps a color dmd bug. Pre game when cycling through high scores etc... you get to extra ball at say 338,000,000 and it’s colorized.

However as you are approaching it during gameplay it will remind you with the same text however not colorized, anyone else notice or experience this?

#5153 4 years ago

It’s definitely not a muffled gunshot, it’s no gunshot at all. I actually stripped out all the sounds on that mode one by one and still couldn’t get it to fire. My guess is it’s just not lining up the sfx with the number assigned in the machine. I don’t think it’s missing because people with Pinsound 1’s get it to fire correctly.

I believe it should be sending the “Gun Sound” sfx which does fire when launching the ball, just noticed in that particular mode it doesn’t. It’s probably the same issue with the Extra ball and jackpot

We’ll see, still looking into

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s definitely not a muffled gunshot, it’s no gunshot at all. I actually stripped out all the sounds on that mode one by one and still couldn’t get it to fire. My guess is it’s just not lining up the sfx with the number assigned in the machine. I don’t think it’s missing because people with Pinsound 1’s get it to fire correctly.
I believe it should be sending the “Gun Sound” sfx which does fire when launching the ball, just noticed in that particular mode it doesn’t. It’s probably the same issue with the Extra ball and jackpot

Thanks for doing this!

#5155 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Have you tried downloading the original unedited sound package, and see if the SFX# matches up? Maybe it was incorrectly modified.

One thing I have also noticed from working on other pin sound mixes, is that sometimes a file that isn't recognized properly can be fixed by simply renaming the folder AND the file. I'm not near my machine, but you can check and see if that works.

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Have you tried downloading the original unedited sound package, and see if the SFX# matches up? Maybe it was incorrectly modified.
One thing I have also noticed from working on other pin sound mixes, is that sometimes a file that isn't recognized properly can be fixed by simply renaming the folder AND the file. I'm not near my machine, but you can check and see if that works.

Yup, they don’t line up. Besides none of the packages including the original on Pinsound + don’t work. I don’t think it’s ever worked. The original Pinsound 1 it works fine

#5157 4 years ago

If anybody is interested in getting a replacement or spare fighter plane bracket Cliff has them available for only $18 bucks! Extremely well made!
8612AA98-C6DD-4F73-9A51-1DC05D952104 (resized).jpeg8612AA98-C6DD-4F73-9A51-1DC05D952104 (resized).jpeg

#5158 4 years ago

Has the market softened up a bit? I’ve had my IJ up for sale for over a month. I’m down to $6800 and It still hasn’t moved.

Mine is a solid game overall, never taken me so long to sell a game before, kind of weird. I’ve sold a ton of them.

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If anybody is interested in getting a replacement and/or spare fighter plane bracket Cliff has them available for only $18 bucks! Extremely well made! [quoted image]

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Has the market softened up a bit? I’ve had my IJ up for sale for over a month. I’m down to $6800 and It still hasn’t moved.
Mine is a solid game overall, never taken me so long to sell a game before, kind of weird. I’ve sold a ton of them.

It’s probably your location and/or shipping prices lately. STI is charging upwards of $600 to ship a machine these days depending on distance.

#5161 4 years ago

#5162 4 years ago

All thanks to my good friend Ricochet!

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

It’s probably your location and/or shipping prices lately. STI is charging upwards of $600 to ship a machine these days depending on distance.

Ouch on shipping, that’s crazy

#5164 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

All thanks to my good friend Ricochet!

As long as my machine is rubble ... I’m happy to help

#5165 4 years ago

So my game is either possessed by a demon or it has an issue.

The game just starts... on its own... and then it will start adding payers. Occasionally the bumpers will activate and pretend like a ball is bouncing around the playfield. It has never done anything like that before this morning.

Any ideas on the problem?

Or should I buy a Ghostbusters game to sit next to it?

**** Edit for clarity... the game is powered on when it does this****

#5166 4 years ago

Ok. Well if the game wasn’t powered on you’d need to order a Marcos Exorcist

But being that it’s powered on sounds like a stuck switch or ground short. You run and tests?

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok. Well if the game wasn’t powered on you’d need to order a Marcos Exorcist
But being that it’s powered on sounds like a stuck switch or ground short. You run and tests?

Yeah, I ran a test, but the only thing that came up was on the idol. Which is strange on its own, because it seems to be working fine.

I am definitely a noob when it comes to repair. I am not technically illiterate (or illiterate in fixing technical stuff), but I haven't spent much time fixing these machines.

#5168 4 years ago

Well when it comes to repairs, you need to figure out whether you are afraid of breaking more stuff or not.

Regardless of what category you fall into, I would highly recommend locating your local Old school pinball repair guy. ItA good to have this guy available for many reasons such as you do have time, you give up on an issue, you broke more stuff than the original issue, etc. And it’s just good to keep these guys in business for Pinballs sake.

If your afraid to do any repairs (the fear everyone has when they get their first pinball machine), then try and fix small things (bad coils, switches, etc) and eventually you’ll get brave and move on to something more advanced.

If you have no fear, well then it’s an open book on how to solve issues. Make sure you have the schematics and manual, preferably printed. You are going to be narrowing down issues and you’re gonna want to know the path of the issue. Doesn’t hurt to ask here as well.

With that said, your issue might be a single issue hitting multiple items or independent issues. Pick 1 item that is failing and start there

You mentioned the idol lock, what is error is being reported?

#5169 4 years ago

My right ramp entrance triggers about 5 times/second during gameplay. Ive tried moving and readjusting the optos but eventually they will start firing again. Anyone else ever have this issue?

#5170 4 years ago

Did you clean the optos? If so then replace them

#5171 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you clean the optos? If so then replace them

Cleaning didn’t help, parts are on the way thanks

#5172 4 years ago

I’m down to $6600 on my IJ, if anyone knows anyone looking. Ad is up on here... dropped it hoping to move it within the next couple weeks to free up some space

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

January and February are just low spending months across the board from consumers, businesses, everyone. If you don't have a need of the money/space right way, personally I'd relist it at $7500 in April, tax refund season.

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I’m down to $6600 on my IJ, if anyone knows anyone looking. Ad is up on here... dropped it hoping to move it within the next couple weeks to free up some space

If you send it to me for free that will free up some space for you. Just sayin

#5175 4 years ago

Ok, so Nicholas from Pinsound messaged me and said the Indy issues (IE Cairo Gunfire, etc) are fixed.

New Pinsound + firmware (Jan 14 2020)

https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

Gonna test later today! Woohooo!

#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, so Nicholas from Pinsound messaged me and said the Indy issues (IE Cairo Gunfire, etc) are fixed.

Whooooohhhhhoooooooo!!!!!!

#5177 4 years ago

Ok, just tested - its working. Its a little muffled like people reported but you can turn up the gunfire volume in the PinSound Studio App.

Haven't tested the jackpot/extra balls yet but so far so good.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, just tested - its working. Its a little muffled like people reported but you can turn up the gunfire volume in the PinSound Studio App.

Man this is great! Thanks for driving this!!!!

#5179 4 years ago

All Good!

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Thank you for pursuing this, will DL today. Need to re-working my shaker settings also...

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pinsound studio app? Didn't even know it existed. What is it for?

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

it’s for creation and manipulation of pinsound orchestrations. You can also use it to load up and test the usb stick and for creating shaker compositions.

#5183 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

it’s for creation and manipulation of pinsound orchestrations. You can also use it to load up and test the usb stick and for creating shaker compositions.

You must use it for setting up pinsound shakers.

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It also lets you set volumes on music/voice/sfx/etc individually and globally. Once you adjust it and save it, you just zip it back up and Pinsound updates the settings.

Handy if you want something to stand out a little better or if something is a little loud vs others Callouts

BTW, the app is FREE FREE FREE

#5185 4 years ago

Can anyone give me some advise on how to update my firmware on my pinsound+? Also, will my custom mixes need to be re-downloaded afterwards? Thank you!!

#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can anyone give me some advise on how to update my firmware on my pinsound+? Also, will my custom mixes need to be re-downloaded afterwards? Thank you!!

You need to download the firmware file on the root of a fat or fat32 usb drive (separate than your sound files one)

Once it’s completed it will instruct you to shut down the pin.

Then put your original usb with sound files back in, boot it up and it will update and you’re good to go

#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

If you send it to me for free that will free up some space for you. Just sayin

My buddy offered $10 but I had to move it, I declined

#5188 4 years ago

This is my fully restored Indiana Jones

20171217_133204 (resized).jpg20171217_133204 (resized).jpgDSC_6875 (resized).JPGDSC_6875 (resized).JPGDSC_6885 (resized).JPGDSC_6885 (resized).JPGDSC_6890 (resized).JPGDSC_6890 (resized).JPG20180821_232130 (resized).jpg20180821_232130 (resized).jpg
#5189 4 years ago

So I just discovered something and I feel like an idiot. For the longest time I thought I had bad switches on the path of adventure. For some reason, I thought you were supposed to hit the switch above the yellow light. Doh!!! I took the glass off and kept testing the switches because I couldn’t figure out hitting the switch above wasn’t turning off the light. I was ready to take off the mini PF and replace them

I made a mistake and just realized it’s the switch BELOW the light. Now I have to say, it’s much harder now to complete the pattern. So I’m curious how TF I even completed it at all. I was reshooting the ramp several times to make up for my thinking it was the switch above. I’ve failed

2383C57D-5F66-43E1-9D91-5D4663E16039 (resized).jpeg2383C57D-5F66-43E1-9D91-5D4663E16039 (resized).jpeg

#5190 4 years ago

I'm getting into re-assembly of my play field. I've got the Pinbits lost plastic light board that you install behind the back board of the play field. Installation requires a slot to be cut out of the back board for the light to pass through the lost plastic behind the rope bridge plastic.

I'm really wondering if i should do this. I'm like 50/50 on it. Now is the time to make the decision. I've not been able to find any pictures of this mod and how well it lights up the plastic. On the surface it doesn't look like its worth it... but I'd like to see one installed and lit to confirm or deny that.

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm getting into re-assembly of my play field. I've got the Pinbits lost plastic light board that you install behind the back board of the play field. Installation requires a slot to be cut out of the back board for the light to pass through the lost plastic behind the rope bridge plastic.
I'm really wondering if i should do this. I'm like 50/50 on it. Now is the time to make the decision. I've not been able to find any pictures of this mod and how well it lights up the plastic. On the surface it doesn't look like its worth it... but I'd like to see one installed and lit to confirm or deny that.

That's just a small lighted area, I think it does not worth it.
Have you ever considered a transparent plexiglass backboard? You can apply a full backlit to your lost plastic.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

That's just a small lighted area, I think it does not worth it.
Have you ever considered a transparent plexiglass backboard? You can apply a full backlit to your lost plastic.

Yes in fact I have. I considered making one myself, the cost of the acrylic is pretty high for making one. I would consider purchasing a pre-made one.

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

This is my fully restored Indiana Jones
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good job on the restoration. I love the brass plating on the habit trails. Do you think the plating will last with the friction of the ball rolling on the habit trails? I want to brass plate my habit trails now but I worry if it is as durable as powder coating.

#5194 4 years ago

The plating is very durable

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Good job on the restoration. I love the brass plating on the habit trails. Do you think the plating will last with the friction of the ball rolling on the habit trails? I want to brass plate my habit trails now but I worry if it is as durable as powder coating.

When I got mine done, they guy also clear coated them. Added an extra layer of protection

6999F2C1-F12C-4B9B-895F-04CA5E3109AA (resized).jpeg6999F2C1-F12C-4B9B-895F-04CA5E3109AA (resized).jpeg6C8C5F48-C386-4AA1-AD1A-75057A818420 (resized).jpeg6C8C5F48-C386-4AA1-AD1A-75057A818420 (resized).jpeg
#5196 4 years ago

SuperPins are linked cuz this some Twilight Zone shit right here...

BE062F8A-8867-4AA4-9F2F-16183086F718.jpegBE062F8A-8867-4AA4-9F2F-16183086F718.jpeg
#5197 4 years ago

BTW, no matter how rigged the Pinside top 100 is, this is the greatest pin ever made. JJP POTC might have an argument, but everything else rated here is not ever close.

Hey let’s hit a castle that’s 2/3 the size of the playfield? Of course you can hit it and do great, it’s 2/3 the playfield. Boom #1 pin, um no Mediocre Madness

Williams Indiana Jones is the GOAT

#5198 4 years ago

Without doubt, the new holy grale is the ALIEN!

#5199 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, no matter how rigged the Pinside top 100 is, this is the greatest pin ever made. JJP POTC might have an argument, but everything else rated here is not ever close.
Hey let’s hit a castle that’s 2/3 the size of the playfield? Of course you can hit it and do great, it’s 2/3 the playfield. Boom #1 pin, um no Mediocre Madness
Williams Indiana Jones is the GOAT

It’s the best game period. JJP POTC is a great game BUT is missing a few things to put it over the top. Imagine IJ with no theme music or actor audio among other things.

The way Indy uses the modes and video modes totally captures the essence of the first 3 movies.

Pure pinball perfection!

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve been trying to come up with a way to light this area just a little bit myself. Have the lost plastic and it is really not that visible while playing. Don’t want major tear down though to install. Perhaps a led light strip from above along topside of cabinet/glass channel area?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.