IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 234.
#5101 4 years ago

Thinking about buying some anti glare glass, anyone using it?

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thinking about buying some anti glare glass, anyone using it?

I got some PDI for my Indy. I have it on my Star Wars as well ... Honestly I think it’s the most impactful “mod” of any kind. Highly recommended!!!

#5103 4 years ago

I have prototype SS rails for my POA, and I’m thinking about getting these brass plated to match the rest of my machine. Has anyone else done this? Couldn’t find pics anywhere. Am I going crazy overboard with this?

#5104 4 years ago

Finished my second IJ
Now I’m double happy
Happy New Year

DD122770-057B-441B-8976-9EB48A7073A7 (resized).jpegDD122770-057B-441B-8976-9EB48A7073A7 (resized).jpegF6B549D9-6089-4415-BFC4-82B7C0C63EF5 (resized).jpegF6B549D9-6089-4415-BFC4-82B7C0C63EF5 (resized).jpeg
#5105 4 years ago

Is it normal to get a lot of SDTM's from the drop/captive ball/blue lane?

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes. on every IJ I've played....

#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That’s how it was designed. I believe it’s called the sucker shot

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Quoted from okgrak:

Yes. on every IJ I've played....

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s how it was designed. I believe it’s called the sucker shot

Interesting. I've had two different machines, and neither one had this issue.

#5109 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Same here.

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Does yours usually feed to the left or right flip?

#5111 4 years ago

You guys are talking about the captive ball shot for Quick 2 ball multi & Castle Mode shot right?

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You guys are talking about the captive ball shot for Quick 2 ball multi & Castle Mode shot right?

I was. The shot is aligned perfectly to feed straight down between the flippers.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does yours usually feed to the left or right flip?

Tried a few games where I solely targeted the quick 2 ball multiball shot. The answer is, it depends. Sometimes it feeds to left, sometimes to right, sometimes stdm. It depends on how the ball comes out of that area. If I made a clean shot on the captive ball and it tends to land at the very tip of my right flipper. Due to variances from machine to machine I could see how some would send the ball sdtm.

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I have prototype SS rails for my POA, and I’m thinking about getting these brass plated to match the rest of my machine. Has anyone else done this? Couldn’t find pics anywhere. Am I going crazy overboard with this?

If you brass plate the wire rails as well then I think it would look good. It's a unique piece already to where I'm just leaving my POA rails alone.

Quoted from robertg130:

Finished my second IJ
Now I’m double happy
Happy New Year[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! How does the inside of the cabinet look? Did you restore that?

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I did it. Ramps/wireforms also. Love it I’ll check to see if I have some photos. Do it. Do it

#5116 4 years ago
242EF363-427E-4CD2-BB0D-DF0F46922E1E (resized).jpeg242EF363-427E-4CD2-BB0D-DF0F46922E1E (resized).jpeg40C01DA1-ADB3-4C92-B112-83EB384DC050 (resized).jpeg40C01DA1-ADB3-4C92-B112-83EB384DC050 (resized).jpeg66FFD6CE-0A26-4BE5-9C3D-43826DCD648C (resized).jpeg66FFD6CE-0A26-4BE5-9C3D-43826DCD648C (resized).jpeg9B1DEAE5-8AAB-4273-947E-CBB6A7033B0F (resized).jpeg9B1DEAE5-8AAB-4273-947E-CBB6A7033B0F (resized).jpeg
#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So, did any of you Pinsound peeps get the gunshot sound out of the end of Cairo mode?
Still trying to figure this out

So I just did this for you and when the dmd says pull trigger there is a gun shot sound although not as loud as on ball launch and someone says shit....or it sounds that way.

Edit - correction, dmd says shoot mode start but you can pull trigger and definitely hear gun shot. I’ve tested 4 times now.

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow. Looks really nice. I’ve already done all wire forms including the one on the apron. Where did you get those flipper toppers? Are you using post lighting on the slings?

#5119 4 years ago

Anyone able to tell me how many of the large 906 flashers behind backglass should be flashing during gameplay?

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone able to tell me how many of the large 906 flashers behind backglass should be flashing during gameplay?

They follow the flashers for: Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Eternal Life, Jackpot, POA, Left Side and Right Side playfield flashers. There are 12 of them but only 7 drive lines... so most drive more than one led.

I know thats not an exact answer... but you can look at the wiring on the back to see what ones are connected together.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The attached picture shows the flasher bulbs that light during the flasher test identified by the test number. Hope that helps.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

wow. Looks really nice. I’ve already done all wire forms including the one on the apron. Where did you get those flipper toppers? Are you using post lighting on the slings?

I can’t answer either question. No flipper toppers. Perhaps the restorer added lights. Not sure.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So I just did this for you and when the dmd says pull trigger there is a gun shot sound although not as loud as on ball launch and someone says shit....or it sounds that way.
Edit - correction, dmd says shoot mode start but you can pull trigger and definitely hear gun shot. I’ve tested 4 times now.

Once you have found Marion (one of the orbits or ramps - note that monkey indicates which to shoot by screaming and jumping up and down), then you need to shoot the start mode for 20M, however if the time for the mode is about the run out then pull the trigger for 2M. I'm not sure if the code uses the same call out for both ways of completing the mode.

#5124 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Once you have found Marion (one of the orbits or ramps - note that monkey indicates which to shoot by screaming and jumping up and down), then you need to shoot the start mode for 20M, however if the time for the mode is about the run out then pull the trigger for 2M. I'm not sure if the code uses the same call out for both ways of completing the mode.

Cool, wasn’t sure what the point award was for the mode start.

I was trying to complete the two shots for @wolfemaaan. He wanted to know if anyone had the gunshot sound when pulling trigger. For some reason his is missing.

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

They follow the flashers for: Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Eternal Life, Jackpot, POA, Left Side and Right Side playfield flashers. There are 12 of them but only 7 drive lines... so most drive more than one led.
I know thats not an exact answer... but you can look at the wiring on the back to see what ones are connected together.

Quoted from PBFan:

The attached picture shows the flasher bulbs that light during the flasher test identified by the test number. Hope that helps.
[quoted image]

Quoted from PBFan:

[quoted image]

Thanks for those. I had one out and when doing the bulb test I couldn’t test them all at once and they seem random depending on what’s going on. I did determine the bad bulb.

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you DM me a link to get the same copy of the Pinsound file you are using?

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Can you DM me a link to get the same copy of the Pinsound file you are using?

Let me see if I have the file on my Mac.

#5128 4 years ago

Anyone still selling Airball mods? I have a crack in one of mine.

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone still selling Airball mods? I have a crack in one of mine.

Davi ?

#5130 4 years ago

How can the plastic break... made of Plexi?
Use PET-G and the protector will last forever.

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

How can the plastic break... made of Plexi?
Use PET-G and the protector will last forever.

I have an older version from a few years ago and it isn’t the one from @davi.

The captive ball protector is chipped on left corner and the 3 bank protector has some spider web cracks at front right corner.

Can’t really notice it but I took them off yesterday to replace all my runners and obviously got a close up look.

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have an older version from a few years ago and it isn’t the one from davi.
The captive ball protector is chipped on left corner and the 3 bank protector has some spider web cracks at front right corner.
Can’t really notice it but I took them off yesterday to replace all my runners and obviously got a close up look.

Not sure where you got it from but a couple more good hits and it will shatter on you most likely. Might be a good idea to remove it now.

#5133 4 years ago

It was one of mine. Bought over two years ago. I had them made in pet-g and acrylic. I've had both crack occasionally over time. Funny thing is pet-g has cracked more. People think pet-g will never break and they are wrong. I don't know why pet-g has as it does a counter intuitive but I stopped making them in pet-g because it wasn't worth the extra cost. My latest version is thicker than the ones made two years ago and so far none have cracked.

I haven't had to replace many but I have had to replace some of the older ones. People need to understand you are only paying $20 for a piece of plastic that is intended to take hundreds, if not thousands of slams from a metal ball. It is impossible for it to last forever. However, if it has improved game play for a couple years at such a nominal cost, isn't it worth it? It's like replacing rubber over time. It's a consumable product.

I'm not saying anyone in particular is complaining but I have had people expect it to last forever. It's just not realistic.

#5134 4 years ago

Anyone making high quality artwork for Indy? Screen printed, accurate colors etc. I stopped looking for awhile and was just curious if some one started making that I wasn't aware of.

#5135 4 years ago

These protectors are in action for four years now.

DSCN4924 (resized).JPGDSCN4924 (resized).JPG

DSCN4928 (resized).JPGDSCN4928 (resized).JPG

#5136 4 years ago

Just bumped this old tech thread as I’ve developed a drop target scoring issue when I press flip buttons (not vibration) — I don’t really get the grounded to flipper situation. Any help in that thread from you experienced owners would be welcome!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-flipper-grounded-switches#post-5395592

#5137 4 years ago

I'm running out of ideas trying to trace this short down, so I wonder if anyone here has any Indy-specific advice on where to look. I feel like I've looked everywhere five times already, but who knows what I overlooked or is hiding in plain sight.

My wife demonstrates how easy the short is to trigger and clear, just raising/lowering the playfield half an inch does it:

I've actually been able to clear it by just raising the playfield a barely perceptible fraction of an inch, never mind half an inch. So you'd think the culprit would be in plain sight, but it isn't as far as I could tell. Or it is, but I'm just not seeing it.

Also got this while playing/troubleshooting last night: "Check Switch 45 Center Enter"

That's behind the 3 drop bank to lock balls in the Totem. Any idea here? It still seems to recognize locks and sends balls to the Totem, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks.

#5138 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I've actually been able to clear it by just raising the playfield a barely perceptible fraction of an inch, never mind half an inch. So you'd think the culprit would be in plain sight, but it isn't as far as I could tell. Or it is, but I'm just not seeing it.

No idea about the #45 switch, sounds like a switch in there needs adjustment/replacing? If it's working as intended maybe it's getting stuck closed occasionally and working itself out. Best to identify the switch in the manual and get in there and take a look.

I had an issue with my WOZ where the bottom of a leaf switch close to the side of the cab was shorting when the playfield was all the way down. If I lifted slightly like yours the problem also went away in switch test. I'd look at the switches in that row and see which, if any, are near the side of the cabinet. And also take a look at them all regardless to check for weird wiring. For my Woz, I had to add some electrical tape around the metal underside of the leaf switch, as no matter how much I bent it it was pushing into itself and shorting... causing some very whacky switch matrix issues in the process.

Also, did you really pick up 18 machines in your first year? Man, I thought I went crazy haha... great stuff

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

No idea about the #45 switch, sounds like a switch in there needs adjustment/replacing? If it's working as intended maybe it's getting stuck closed occasionally and working itself out. Best to identify the switch in the manual and get in there and take a look.
I had an issue with my WOZ where the bottom of a leaf switch close to the side of the cab was shorting when the playfield was all the way down. If I lifted slightly like yours the problem also went away in switch test. I'd look at the switches in that row and see which, if any, are near the side of the cabinet. And also take a look at them all regardless to check for weird wiring. For my Woz, I had to add some electrical tape around the metal underside of the leaf switch, as no matter how much I bent it it was pushing into itself and shorting... causing some very whacky switch matrix issues in the process.
Also, did you really pick up 18 machines in your first year? Man, I thought I went crazy haha... great stuff

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, seems like it's something *just barely* pinched or touching metal, most likely around the coin door/front portion of the cabinet, but it's hard to find good viewing angles when the playfield is down and the short is active. It's really like a needle in a haystack at this point.

Technically, 19 in my first year, as I have a Gilligan's Island on a long and lazy journey across the country thanks to STI/Beltmann, which is starting to resemble the actual journey of the SS Minnow. I've been playing for decades and dreaming about owning machines for just as long but never had the money or space, and finally in year 46/47 of life, my number came up, so to speak, and I couldn't contain myself. (I actually have an account here that's 8 years old, it just became inactive and I forgot the password).

And a shoutout to Jersey City! Lived there twice in my life, along with Hoboken for a while.

#5140 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I've been playing for decades and dreaming about owning machines for just as long but never had the money or space, and finally in year 46/47 of life, my number came up, so to speak, and I couldn't contain myself. (I actually have an account here that's 8 years old, it just became inactive and I forgot the password).

And a shoutout to Jersey City! Lived there twice in my life, along with Hoboken for a while.

Oh man, wish you still lived here. I'm the only lunatic in this city with any games and would love to have a buddy within walking distance to battle and swap titles with sometimes.

I'm fairly new myself. I was living downtown since 2007 until I figured out you can get an entire house in Journal Square for less than my 1 bedroom condo. Luckily my basement caps out at 12 so I can't go TOO crazy haha. Best of luck shaking the gremlins out... keep at it, you'll get there

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I'm running out of ideas trying to trace this short down, so I wonder if anyone here has any Indy-specific advice on where to look. I feel like I've looked everywhere five times already, but who knows what I overlooked or is hiding in plain sight.
My wife demonstrates how easy the short is to trigger and clear, just raising/lowering the playfield half an inch does it:

Also got this while playing/troubleshooting last night: "Check Switch 45 Center Enter"
That's behind the 3 drop bank to lock balls in the Totem. Any idea here? It still seems to recognize locks and sends balls to the Totem, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Thanks.

It’s says the Row short is on the left return lane. Have you checked out that switch under the PF?

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s says the Row short is on the left return lane. Have you checked out that switch under the PF?

It's actually row 6 that's shorted, white/blue wire, which covers 8 or 10 different components (right pop, N rollover, upper right orbit switch, left return, etc.) and I've looked at each one of them a few times. I just had that test screen on in the video since it was an easy way to demonstrate the short triggering on slightly bumping the playfield.

#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

It's actually row 6 that's shorted, white/blue wire, which covers 8 or 10 different components (right pop, N rollover, upper right orbit switch, left return, etc.) and I've looked at each one of them a few times. I just had that test screen on in the video since it was an easy way to demonstrate the short triggering on slightly bumping the playfield.

If you can’t trace the white/blue to an obvious short, then your gonna have to trial an error starting with the first connection. Clip everything past that and see if it shorts, then move to then next in line

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks.

I had one exactly like that. Raising and lowering the playfield would clear it/trigger it. Turns out it was the back bridge switch. The switch lugs were barely touching each other.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here is a video with the shot at 11:30 in you can hear the gunshot with the trigger pull

So it’s pretty clear the original Pinsound conversion (and every other one) has missed this. Curious if this works for anybody

Still can’t get the gunshot to work at the end of Cairo. Even Endprodukt is looking into it. Seems like Pinsound 1 it works fine, but not Pinsound+

Gun Blast or bust!

#5146 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Still can’t get the gunshot to work at the end of Cairo. Even Endprodukt is looking into it. Seems like Pinsound 1 it works fine, but not Pinsound+
Gun Blast or bust!

I’ve a PinSound+ and have never heard the gun blast.

#5147 4 years ago

Yeah I’m gonna keep trouble shooting with Pinsound, hopefully we can figure it out. Curious if anything else if not working I’m not aware of

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah I’m gonna keep trouble shooting with Pinsound, hopefully we can figure it out. Curious if anything else if not working I’m not aware of

Check your jackpot and extra ball callouts(8 variations) depending on how they are awarded. I think I’m missing one but not a big deal.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Check your jackpot and extra ball callouts(8 variations) depending on how they are awarded. I think I’m missing one but not a big deal.

I'm missing those as well.

#5150 4 years ago

I’m discussing both issues with Nicholas at Pinsound. Hopefully he can figure it out.

Seems like a Pinsound + vs Pinsound 1 conversion issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.