IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 235.
#5001 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Might have to check the shooter lane switch.

Turned out it was the last ir receiver that was bad (#7 I think?), the one to check if a ball is ready to be loaded into the shooter lane.

For posterity, and this may be a known issue, if anyone uses the Pinball Life trough optos (at least on the receiver side, didn't install the transmitter side), you will have to trim (grind) the trough a bit so the board fits correctly. The small status LEDs on the board otherwise interfere with the trough.

#5003 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

PM sent for translite

Me too

#5004 4 years ago

Hahahaha

#5005 4 years ago

I am having a BRUTAL time trying to adjust my Path of Adventure to play correctly (allow the ball to roll down either side of the mini playfield and switch lanes when necessary).

Since I adjusted my playfield pitch to around 7 degrees, which I believe is right around the correct value, the problem is even more pronounced. The ball always just rolls down the left side; there is almost no way to get it to hit the top right switch. The Path seems to have the full range of motion from left to right, the worm screw is tight, and the mini playfield is level in its normal resting position. I tried to move the Rope Bridge ramp to the right, but if I move it too far the PoA red plastic edge on the upper left corner starts hitting the metal ramp that goes around it.

I found a post with a similar complaint from a while back. Here is one of the first answers to that post:

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Install washers under it to balance it more to the side that's not level.
It takes a bit if adjustment to make it work right.
Typically you cant get the ball to fall either left or right after the post drops
Adjust until you can do either.
Also, check if it tilts more one way than the other. This can also be adjusted with some tweaking.
Lower the playfield pitch a bit to make it go a little slower down the POA.

I am not sure where to install the washers to experiment with this approach. The top edge of the mini playfield rides the PoA motor shaft, attached using the worm screw. The lower edge of the PoA is attached using a metal bracket with two screws and a pivoting arm. It does not seem that installing washers there would make any difference. Does anyone have any clarification, or other tips for correcting the problem?

#5006 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

I am having a BRUTAL time trying to adjust my Path of Adventure to play correctly (allow the ball to roll down either side of the mini playfield and switch lanes when necessary).
Since I adjusted my playfield pitch to around 7 degrees, which I believe is right around the correct value, the problem is even more pronounced. The ball always just rolls down the left side; there is almost no way to get it to hit the top right switch. The Path seems to have the full range of motion from left to right, the worm screw is tight, and the mini playfield is level in its normal resting position. I tried to move the Rope Bridge ramp to the right, but if I move it too far the PoA red plastic edge on the upper left corner starts hitting the metal ramp that goes around it.
I found a post with a similar complaint from a while back. Here is one of the first answers to that post:

I am not sure where to install the washers to experiment with this approach. The top edge of the mini playfield rides the PoA motor shaft, attached using the worm screw. The lower edge of the PoA is attached using a metal bracket with two screws and a pivoting arm. It does not seem that installing washers there would make any difference. Does anyone have any clarification, or other tips for correcting the problem?

Here's a few suggestions that made mine work great. First,try bending the small metal tab at the path entrance out more, so the ball can fall more directly down and to the right. Also, try bending the whole bridge piece itself by taking it off and giving it a good twist with your hands (twisting CCW with your left hand and CW with your right). This will make the left side sit up slighly higher so the angle isn't so steep, and the ball will fall slower into the Path after the diverter lets it go. And finally, acoording to the manual the pitch of this game should be between 6 and 7 degrees. Mine's at 6.5, so you may want to try lowering it a bit. Hope that helps.

#5007 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

try bending the whole bridge piece itself by taking it off and giving it a good twist with your hands

Are we talking about the whole metal bridge onto which the "rope bridge" plastic is screwed? How much pressure do you need to make a noticeable change?

#5008 4 years ago

Try 6.5. You must have some good ass flippers to make it up the ramp at 7

#5009 4 years ago

Yes. The whole thing. Unscrew it from the back so you can hold it in your hands, and twist it. You won't be able to bend it very far and you shouldn't, but you can get the angle slightly up if you do it carefully. You may have to readjust it a bit to make sure the diverter still clears the hole in the metal when you reattach it. It was a fix I read about years ago and it solved the problem on my machine.

#5010 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Look under the right side, middle section of the POA. The POA wire harness is there. Make sure the harness is not coming into contact with the plastic underneath it. Mine was hitting that plastic when tilting to the right and it would prevent the POA from tilting all the way.

I can’t find the pics, but I used my dremel and did a little cutout on the plastic directly below the harness so the harness moves freely when tilting the playfield.

#5011 4 years ago

Are your rear leg bolts on the bottom 2 holes? That lifts the machine even more

#5012 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

I am not sure where to install the washers to experiment with this approach.

I believe pinballinreno is talking about the same bending solution but using washers instead. If you put a washer or two onto the left bolt and nothing on the right bolt before you re-attach the bridge to the back, it will lift the bridge up on the left and make it more level.

#5013 4 years ago

If the ball always lands on the left side, lower the leg levelers on the left side a bit. That will slightly lift the machine on that side and help the ball fall on both sides. You have to mess with those levelers until you get it just right. Several options to consider. Try them all until you get it right.

#5014 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I believe pinballinreno is talking about the same bending solution but using washers instead. If you put a washer or two onto the left bolt and nothing on the right bolt before you re-attach the bridge to the back, it will lift the bridge up on the left and make it more level.

Yes.

You want the rope bridge to hang at an angle so that the ball rolls along the edge facing the player. (Front facing edge?)

So bending, tweaking, washers at the top mounts and none at the bottom etc.

Also severely bend the guide tab at the POA entrance.

The switch wire is also a factor where the ball stops at the post.

Sometimes bending it over at a slight angle will keep the ball on the front wall/edge of the rope bridge.

Lastly adjustments to the POA itself.

Add washers under its mounting bracket where it meets the wireform.

This flattens it out so that ball rolls more slowly, you have more time to react.

Lots of adjustments.

With patience and a little tweaking you can get the POA running perfectly.

I have my playfield pitch at 6.7 degrees.

#5015 4 years ago

The CPR mirrored backglass came today. Wow! Can’t wait to get installed. You guys were right about seeing in person to appreciate.

2C6D3560-B501-435B-AAB7-D8C0EA6DEDEB (resized).jpeg2C6D3560-B501-435B-AAB7-D8C0EA6DEDEB (resized).jpegF8516221-C51A-4FB7-89D6-BB593A962775 (resized).jpegF8516221-C51A-4FB7-89D6-BB593A962775 (resized).jpeg
#5016 4 years ago

Looks classic!

#5017 4 years ago

So I spent all morning trying to fix my Path of Adventure issue. Among the things I have done:

> lifted the Path of Adventure lower mounting pad so the overall angle of the mini playfield would be more shallow
> twisted and tweaked the Rope Bridge, trying to lift the left edge higher
> used a Dremel tool to enlarge the top Rope Bridge mounting tab holes so I can screw it to the backboard at a more shallow angle (left side higher)
> Twisted and tweaked the PoE entrance metal tab to get the ball as far to the left as possible

None of this has made one bit of difference. Here are two quick videos showing what's going on:

Any suggestions?

#5018 4 years ago

Did you cut off the bridge guide rail? The ball needs to roll off that to hit the other stop, otherwise it’s dropping down immediately and going left due to the natural bridge angle

2C83F3F0-6B4B-46A0-9756-F7D6CA48D482 (resized).jpeg2C83F3F0-6B4B-46A0-9756-F7D6CA48D482 (resized).jpeg
#5019 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you cut off the bridge guide rail? The ball needs to roll off that to hit the other stop, otherwise it’s dropping down immediately and going left due to the natural bridge angle[quoted image]

You are right, that's the issue, no touch of right guide. The guide is there, but pushed to the right.
That's the moment when the ball enters to POA, no chance to reach upper right switch:

IJPOA (resized).JPGIJPOA (resized).JPG
#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Did you cut off the bridge guide rail? The ball needs to roll off that to hit the other stop, otherwise it’s dropping down immediately and going left due to the natural bridge angle[quoted image]

Thank you! This was my problem all along. I did not realize that the thin (right) guide is supposed to put the ball onto the stubbier left guiderail, and they together need to be adjusted so that the ball can bounce to either side.

I adjusted my right (thin) guide to be more parallel to the Rope Bridge while bending the left (stubby) guide to have a slightly greater angle compared to the metal ramp, and now the ball has the option to move down either top lane depending on the angle of the mini playfield.

#5021 4 years ago

For the Pinsound peeps here, are you using the Endprodukt Remastered or ReOrchestrated? Not sure what this difference is

#5022 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

For the Pinsound peeps here, are you using the Endprodukt Remastered or ReOrchestrated? Not sure what this difference is

Use the IJ_Remastered mix directly from Endprodukt. The ReOrchestrated is just a dupe that someone else uploaded. I've been using the Remastered for a year and it's flawless. With some upgraded speakers the results are night and day from the original mix.

#5023 4 years ago

It’s literally the best thing to hit this pin besides colordmd.

#5024 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s literally the best thing to hit this pin besides colordmd.

This and T2 are the two machines I would put a pinsound upgrade as a better bang for your buck than colordmd.

#5025 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Use the IJ_Remastered mix directly from Endprodukt. The ReOrchestrated is just a dupe that someone else uploaded. I've been using the Remastered for a year and it's flawless. With some upgraded speakers the results are night and day from the original mix.

It’s strange though, the Re-Orchestrated is much bigger for some reason. I’ll go try the Remastered then. Thx

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s strange though, the Re-Orchestrated is much bigger for some reason. I’ll go try the Remastered then. Thx

It’s much bigger because it has been uncompressed to .wav format. The pinsound board will do this uncompression on first boot with any sound package.

#5027 4 years ago

Ok, got it. BTW, what do you mean “directly from Endprodukt”? Not through the Pinsound forum?

Got a link?

#5028 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, got it. BTW, what do you mean “directly from Endprodukt”? Not through the Pinsound forum?
Got a link?

I simply meant his upload on the pinsound community.

#5029 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I simply meant his upload on the pinsound community.

Ah, ok. Thought I might need a secret meeting to get it like a drug deal.

I’m going to add & change some stuff out in the mix. Also going to up the quality in some of the files

#5030 4 years ago

Any suggestions for powdercoating or trim? A friend reccomended brass for legs and trim with black nickel gun. Any photos for ideas would be great thank you

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any suggestions for powdercoating or trim? A friend reccomended brass for legs and trim with black nickel gun. Any photos for ideas would be great thank you

Thats the way to go. All brass trim, BN shooter. No powdercoat, just doesnt look right in any color.

#5032 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Check out my restoration ... I originally was gonna go brass. I like brass... but I went with a metallized gold flake in black.

#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Check out my restoration ... I originally was gonna go brass. I like brass... but I went with a metallized gold flake in black.

I like your choice.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/98#post-5289527

#5034 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

100% Agree, that Black and Gold Flake is awesome! I remember those pics. So...if not doing brass, go with this. Lol

#5035 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Ooh that DOES look sweet. What did you do for the gun? My only concern is im doing my LOTR trim to match hobbit LE smaug and dont want to much of the same

#5036 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Ooh that DOES look sweet. What did you do for the gun? My only concern is im doing my LOTR trim to match hobbit LE smaug and dont want to much of the same

The gun is black ... with dark brown accent on the grip

#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

I have that exact setup.

#5038 4 years ago

Black nickel gun, with the cherry on top by having a real wood veneer on the inner diamond patterned grip. A polished walnut burl or an exotic wood. I plan on doing it on mine.

#5039 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Here’s ours.

EB617256-EC1D-40C5-8183-A3A62E69ECC4 (resized).jpegEB617256-EC1D-40C5-8183-A3A62E69ECC4 (resized).jpeg36572F5C-EB48-4367-BF92-DFE6FFF44966 (resized).jpeg36572F5C-EB48-4367-BF92-DFE6FFF44966 (resized).jpeg
#5040 4 years ago

Hello, does anybody have a front cabinet decal they would sell. Or a file for it that you could send me? Thank you.

#5041 4 years ago

Sorry, but bending the metal on top of the POA is not in sense of the game.
If you want the ball fall to left or to the right, you have to tip the POA before the ball will be released by the post.
The main problem is the correct adjustment of the POA itself and the angle of the playfield for the entire game.
There's another problem if you bend the metal, so the balls maybe lost before they reach the POA because they can fall of between ramp and POA in between to the playfield.

#5042 4 years ago

Has anyone done a copper-coated Indy? I’ve seen some golds but not copper. Seems like that could look awesome as well.

#5043 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, does anybody have a front cabinet decal they would sell. Or a file for it that you could send me? Thank you.

Silkscreened coin door decal $65, much cheaper than the $125 being asked on ebay

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ99-DOOR

#5044 4 years ago

Just curious, when using the Endprodukt pinsound version what is the callout for extraball when achieved for exceeding as score?
Mine shows the extra ball animation then says shoot again. Should there be a extra ball callout too?

#5045 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Silkscreened coin door decal $65, much cheaper than the $125 being asked on ebay
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ99-DOOR

Thank you!!!

#5046 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just curious, when using the Endprodukt pinsound version what is the callout for extraball when achieved for exceeding as score?
Mine shows the extra ball animation then says shoot again. Should there be a extra ball callout too?

Mine does the same

Does anyone with the endprodukt remix get an issue where there is no jackpot callout?

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Mine does the same
Does anyone with the endprodukt remix get an issue where there is no jackpot callout?

Hmmm...now you have me thinking about the jackpot.
I want to say there is no jackpot call after you get it. Not 100% sure though.

#5048 4 years ago

It seems so glitchy. The absence of sound is strange especially when the normal callout was so great

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

It seems so glitchy. The absence of sound is strange especially when the normal callout was so great

I’m gonna test this out. Pretty sure I have the jackpot callout on my mix.

#5050 4 years ago

Just tested on my machine.

It has both an extra ball callout by Salah and a jackpot call out by Indy.

There are two versions of Endorodukts mix on the pinsound site so that could be the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.