image (resized).jpeg
1D67ED18-4CCA-40FF-A0ED-0F6384155239 (resized).jpeg
9DF36503-6A3B-4D09-8F6F-18B8BAB0BF35 (resized).jpeg
D64CF73C-0A1D-4B8F-8B06-8523F823CF6A (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20211010_164812 (resized).jpg
AFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpeg
873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpeg

There are 9,185 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 184.
#451 6 years ago

Finally ordered my colordmd for Indy. Now I have to get one for Simpsons.

#452 6 years ago

Color DMD on IJ is stunning. I thought it was really good on my MB, but on IJ it is even better I think...

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Color DMD on IJ is stunning. I thought it was really good on my MB, but on IJ it is even better I think...

I have one on my MB and its great ,I am thinking for IJ would be great also

#454 6 years ago

so im trying to figure out my up and down post problem that leads to poa. in solenoid test mode it goes up and down (T.4 35) but in hold test (T.4 36) nothing happens, I assume it should fire and hold? can someone check theirs and see what it does. thanks

#455 6 years ago

Could the post rely on a switch at the top of the right ramp being triggered before the rollover right by the post?

#456 6 years ago

that rollover switch next to the post, triggers good in switch edge test.

#457 6 years ago

how about switch 87 "top trough" where is that? I can seem to find it and trigger it.

#458 6 years ago

That's in the ball trough. An opto switch.

Scott.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

That's in the ball trough. An opto switch.
Scott.

thats what i thought, but when i roll ball down, i cant get it to trigger. according to diagram in manual its on the far left of trough, but when i fill my trough up with 6 balls i dont see any other optos besides the 6 ball optos.

#460 6 years ago

so as i play this more and more things keep coming up, sorry for all the questions. Sometimes as im playing a game, the music will stop, it will be dead silent except for sound effects. Then when new ball starts everything is back to normal. what causes that?

#461 6 years ago

Guessing that is probably a ROM issue.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

that rollover switch next to the post, triggers good in switch edge test.

Do all of the switches on the right ramp trigger properly in test?

Just because a switch triggers in test doesn't mean that the software isn't relying on multiple switches triggering properly during gameplay.

When you test these switches always use a ball, not your finger.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Do all of the switches on the right ramp trigger properly in test?
Just because a switch triggers in test doesn't mean that the software isn't relying on multiple switches triggering properly during gameplay.
When you test these switches always use a ball, not your finger.

the right ramp enter opto triggers, the roll over switch next to top post triggers, the post goes up and down in test mode. but in game play the post doesnt drop, ball sits there until game goes into ball search mode, then it drops into mini pf. what do i try next?

#464 6 years ago

What rom version are you running?

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What rom version are you running?

when i turn it on it says 5007 ver L-7 is that what you mean?

#466 6 years ago

Yes those are the current roms

1 week later
#467 6 years ago

Finally got around to fixing my POA. It would tilt to the left well but only in stutter steps to the right. After trying lots of other things (and consulting with Lloyd/LTG), I swapped out the driver board. That fixed it. It didn't occur to me to start there since I replaced that board two or three years ago and assumed that it must be good. Nope. Lesson learned.

#468 6 years ago

Got Ij working. What a great game. Couple questions:
1- "special" was lit, how did i do it? how to collect and what do you get?
2- I got to eternal life and the music turned off, all the sound effects were going but no music, as soon as eternal multi was over music came back on like normal. Is this normal?

#469 6 years ago

I recently picked up an IJ from my brother, and my whole family loves it. This is probably a stupid question, but are there any circumstances where Well of Souls is not supposed start with six balls? My game tends to only send out 3 balls, sometimes 4. I'm pretty sure it's never kicked out all 6 balls. I have 6 balls in the trough or whatever it's called, and I tested that all the opto switches were functioning properly. I'm not sure what else to check.

#470 6 years ago

my well of souls always kicks out 6.. it might be the through, mine did that, if you looks closely the trough will get very small dimples that keep the balls from rolling down trough smoothly. I used a dremel and sanded the track down a bit and now it works good. Can you see if your eternal life multi ball has music playing during that mode, you have to complete all 12 modes first. mine, theres no music just sound effects.

#471 6 years ago

If you don't have any responses before tomorrow, I'll try to remember to fire my game up when everyone is awake and manually trigger that multiball mode to see what happens for me. I'll report back.

I've read that the trough can have issues. I should be able to see if a ball is fed to the end of the trough at that point looking down inside by the shooter lane. Thanks for the tip.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Got Ij working. What a great game. Couple questions:
1- "special" was lit, how did i do it? how to collect and what do you get?

When you complete the two ball multiball, ie collect the Fish of Tayles, then hit the captive ball one more time I'm pretty sure that lights special. You get a free game - woohoo! (You might be able to change this to an extra ball in the settings, not sure)

#473 6 years ago

@Kahanaohana

Sorry for the low volume/so-so quality of the video, but you can see on my IJ, I have music during the Eternal Life multiball. I'm running L-7/L-2 ROM versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p9uqavwwnjr1q4/2015-02-24%2008.09.25.mov?dl=0

Also, thanks for the advice to check the trough. When I was triggering all the modes for your test, I checked the trough when I started Well of Souls. Sure enough, the balls are not feeding down to the end of the trough. I shook the machine to jar one ball loose, and it popped that ball out. So I guess I'll be pulling the trough out and seeing what I can do to fix that. I see also that they make replacements that are supposed to be better and that are resistant to this problem. I may check that out too.

#474 6 years ago

I put this in my trough to prevent this problem:
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

#475 6 years ago

thanks, i figured there should be music. Thankfully I got a guycoming out here next month for some sun, surf and pin repair.

#476 6 years ago

great idea, im on it. thanks

#477 6 years ago

Yep, I can tell you this solved my issues as well.

#478 6 years ago

Are you guys able to hit that top right rollover light on the top right of poa? Ive tried probably 20-30 times with glass off and it doesnt look possible just from the geometry of the game. the ball sits against that post and as soon as its released it rolls forward and goes towards left side if poa. I can hit every switch except for that top right one, is there a way to adjust something? Can you guys check and see if you can it on yours.

#479 6 years ago

My POA seems to work perfectly but I think there might be a trick to hitting the top right rollover. When ever I have a ball ready to enter the POA, this is what I do:

If I want to get the right rollover switches I will tilt the POA all the way to the left when the ball is locked on the post. As soon as the post drops and the ball drops onto the POA I immediately tilt the playfield all the way to the right and the ball gets the right roll overs.

If I want to get the left rollover switches I will do the opposite.

I find if you tilt the playfield opposite to where you want the ball to go, and upon the ball dropping onto the playfield, you immediately tilt the playfield the opposite way the ball goes where you want it.

I know my description is probably pretty bad but it works perfect for me every time. I'll try and get some video up one day to show you what I mean.

QSS

#480 6 years ago

I have stainless steel walls on the POA. Does that mean this was an early production run? A prototype of something else ? Any value difference over other IJs?

#481 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion! Order placed.

#482 6 years ago

If I wanted to get a new trough, any recommendations? I'm about to try and find out why my Indy gets confused on multiball. I'm replacing the idol optos tomorrow.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I have stainless steel walls on the POA. Does that mean this was an early production run? A prototype of something else ? Any value difference over other IJs?

My POA also has the stainless steel walls. From what I understand this means you have a sample machine.

QSS

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

If I wanted to get a new trough, any recommendations? I'm about to try and find out why my Indy gets confused on multiball. I'm replacing the idol optos tomorrow.

This trough looks like it's the go to replacement:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16809-M

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Definitely try the plastic piece first. I bought a second trough and didn't need it.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Definitely try the plastic piece first. I bought a second trough and didn't need it.

Will do. Just ordered one to give it a shot.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Are you guys able to hit that top right rollover light on the top right of poa? Ive tried probably 20-30 times with glass off and it doesnt look possible just from the geometry of the game. the ball sits against that post and as soon as its released it rolls forward and goes towards left side if poa. I can hit every switch except for that top right one, is there a way to adjust something? Can you guys check and see if you can it on yours.

1. It's possible the PoA is not wel connected to the rotation rod. I had the same problem. Check the Allen screw at the entrance of the PoA.

2. You can adjust the position of the POA too a little bit away from the PoA entrance. The ball will have a bit more space to roll in. Loosen the Allen screw to do so. Beware the outlane won't hug the metal roll-over part below the PoA.

3. Check the wiring inderneath runs free over other pf parts. Maybe some wiring adjustments are needed on PoA. It's a damn loaded assembly!

Succes

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

1. It's possible the PoA is not wel connected to the rotation rod. I had the same problem. Check the Allen screw at the entrance of the PoA.
2. You can adjust the position of the POA too a little bit away from the PoA entrance. The ball will have a bit more space to roll in. Loosen the Allen screw to do so. Beware the outlane won't hug the metal roll-over part below the PoA.
3. Check the wiring inderneath runs free over other pf parts. Maybe some wiring adjustments are needed on PoA. It's a damn loaded assembly!
Succes

how can you pull the poa away from rod? it mounts only one place with the 2 screws below poa.

#490 6 years ago

Remove the two screws + bracket. And loosen the Allen screw which connects the PoA to the rod. Then gentle wiggle the PoA assembly from the rod.

#491 6 years ago

Also make sure your machine is levelled properly, especially the left-right aspect. That POA sure is a bugger, but the suggestions so far are spot on (esp. tightening the allen screw).
Also bending the metal tab on the right entry to the POA can help.

#492 6 years ago

As usual thanks to you guys i got it all dialed in, The POA and mode hole shot. For the mode hole I put gorilla tape on deflector and on left side of entrance to hole to slow ball down, I also did what someone suggested, drill 3 new holes on deflector so its sits a tiny bit more back. Now I can hammer that shot with right flipper and it doesnt bounce out. For the POA, I put a small piece of gorilla tape on bridge at entrance to poa which slows the ball down enough for me to control what side it goes to, as far as the ball flying through poa with no control, I put 2 small washers under each of the 2 screws that support the lower part of poa, this raises the poa just a bit to slow the ball down. thanks for help.

DSCF2870.JPG DSCF2871.JPG
#493 6 years ago

The right inlane guide flap seems way more bended than what is common. But if it work for you than its fine...

Btw... The mode start hole I have fixed by removing the deflector at all. Then put a piece of drop dead foam behind the hole. You could even lower the red bottom plastic underneath the actual hole by putting small washers between the plastic and the pf. Since then I have not had bounce outs!

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

The right inlane guide flap seems way more bended than what is common. But if it work for you than its fine...
Btw... The mode start hole I have fixed by removing the deflector at all. Then put a piece of drop dead foam behind the hole. You could even lower the red bottom plastic underneath the actual hole by putting small washers between the plastic and the pf. Since then I have not had bounce outs!

I read about removing the defelctor and was thinking about it, but that opto would be right there with no protection. Ill try this for a few days and see how it works. thanks

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I read about removing the defelctor and was thinking about it, but that opto would be right there with no protection. Ill try this for a few days and see how it works. thanks

Let us know how it works out.

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Yes indeed. You could bend the metal wire guide a bit round to the inside (towards the mode start hole) to prevents the ball getting in contact with the opto. Get it out before bending.

#497 6 years ago

Oke, now I have an issue to resolve:

- For some reason when getting "Quick Two Ball" Multiball awarded from Hand of Faith (bonus) the multiball won't start. Other bonuses are just awarded like they should.

Any idea what could be wrong?

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Oke, now I have an issue to resolve:
- For some reason when getting "Quick Two Ball" Multiball awarded from Hand of Faith (bonus) the multiball won't start. Other bonuses are just awarded like they should.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Does it require you to hit the captive ball to start it? I can't remember...

#499 6 years ago

Got my first "Friends Jackpot' yesterday. I was really hoping to have an animation depicting Indy and all his pals holding hands, eating ice cream walking under a rainbow....was a little disappointed.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

Got my first "Friends Jackpot' yesterday. I was really hoping to have an animation depicting Indy and all his pals holding hands, eating ice cream walking under a rainbow....was a little disappointed.

You're confused. That's WOZ.

There are 9,185 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 184.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside