• Latest reply 12 years ago by bigdaddy07
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

banana2.gif
018.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

What’s a fair price these days for one of these? I was assuming 3-4.5 based on condition. One with little if any cabinet fade but, a couple of scuffs and chips. Playfield good but probably needs to be polished up some and everything is in working order. I made an offer for one where the guy is asking 4.5. What would you guys offer for this? 4.5 to me is for mint, so 3.5-4?

#5 12 years ago

Doug - Yes, I would have to go give it a good inspection first but, that’s the range I was thinking as well. It’s difficult to go purely off his description as he's not a pinhead, so very subjective. I shot him and offer that he’s going mull over a little. He's using Amini’s as his price reference so, needs to come down to reality a little bit.

Let me know if you decide to sell your IJ. I would pay a little more for one that's restored from a fellow collector, though the wife may want to split my skull over spending that much. She’s already balking over this.

#10 12 years ago

Update - I went out and looked at this on Friday. Cab had some fade (not to bad but, it was there certainly there) and the playfield was filthy. Broken sling plastics the other plastics appeared OK. The playfield looked like it would clean up well. Right flipper was out. I tried doing some basic troubleshooting there, cleaned the opto checked the fuses, springs, EoS all checked out. My guess is a bad driver (board repair likely). Also there were 5-6 switches reporting bad in diagnostics. No battery leak though the battery were old. GI was out and legs were a little rough. The inside of the cabinet was nice but, the translight had about five good scratches on it. I wasn’t feeling it enough to haggle (I was thinking like $2800) on this and maybe it’s a sign that don’t want an Indy as bad as I thought because this is 2 I’ve passed on in the last 12 months.

Anyway, he had a mint HUO w/receipt from his purchase in 12/99 RFM I decided to pickup instead. The family wanted this title and it was hard to pass up a mint condition machine (playfield and cab both easy 10s). The glass had never been removed and after opening the coin door, I believed that to be the case. He wouldn’t budge on $2400 I offered so, I submitted to $2600 (some folks might say that’s too much for this title but, its cabinet doesn’t even have the slightest blemish anywhere). I removed the ramps and polished the playfield and it shines like new. So that’s it, 4th machine RFM, not my original plan and not on my wish list but, it’s done. Looks nice in my game room and family loves it, though I'm OK with the possibility that it may be my rotator machine. Time will tell.

#12 12 years ago

gweempose - have you removed the PC from yours? I was curious if its easy or not. There is a noisy fan in mine and my guess needs to be cleaned or replaced. I'm going to remove it and blow it out real good to start.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

The fans are cheap, if it is making noise it is going to fail even if you clean it if the noise is bearing noise. Might be a good idea to change it no matter what.

Correct. I pulled the PC out and cleaned...well it had to been the cleanest 12 year old PC I have seen, no dust, how? Anyway, confirmed that it was the CPU fan making the noise and appears to silence once it warms up a bit so, yes it’s the bearings. Ordered a new one $10 and went ahead and ordered and new ATX power supply 500W $15 for safe measure or at least to keep on hand.

BTW, I have to hand it to the designers of this thing, the PC slides out in it's metal housing by simply disconnecting a few cables. A snap to work on. This is by far the easiest pin to work on in pretty much every respect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-price?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.