Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

While playing IJ today, the sound went off for about 5 seconds and then came back on at twice the volume. Never did this before.

Fluke or fubar?

Dan

#2 11 years ago

Happened to me once, but never since. I believe it's a quirk in the sound rom fixed in a later version- what version are you running (I've got L-2)?

#3 11 years ago

me too, use to go full volume intermittantly, did a cable re-seat never came back - that was years ago

#4 11 years ago

Mine had to do with a ROM chip issue, but it was happening all the time. I upgraded the chips to the newest version and never had the issue since.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjam:

me too, use to go full volume intermittantly, did a cable re-seat never came back - that was years ago

will try that. good suggestion. thanks.

Quoted from ab3:

Happened to me once, but never since. I believe it's a quirk in the sound rom fixed in a later version- what version are you running (I've got L-2)?

Need to check that. Thanks One question: Pat's or Geno's? No third parties (tony luke's, Jim's, Steve Prince of steaks.)

LilRocky: How long have you lived in NagsHead? There use to be a seafood buffet arcade on the westside of (is it) 158 or 58 that had about 60 pins in it. I think it burned down about ten years ago. Do you remember it?

Dan

#6 11 years ago

I've lived here for about 8 years and have been coming here for about 20. If its the place I'm thinking, it used to be right on the sound in Nags Head where the arcade was to the left after you walked in. Can't remember how it left, but yeah, it's gone. However, one of the island ops started his own arcade about 30 minutes inland which has pretty much any of the hard to find DMD pins along with a number of well known solid states and EMs. His place is called Flippers. He's got a BBB, CC, MM, and all the stern LEs just to name a few. Also working on setting up one of those big ass Hercules pins. I always recommend any pinhead who visits the island to stop by.

#7 11 years ago

Quoted from MrWizzo:will try that. good suggestion. thanks.

Need to check that. Thanks One question: Pat's or Geno's? No third parties (tony luke's, Jim's, Steve Prince of steaks.)

Honestly they're both tourist traps and you can do much better elsewhere. But if I'm forced to choose, Pat's is slightly less awful than Genos.

#8 11 years ago

My IJ did that once when I first got it, reseated the cables and it did not return in the several years I owned it.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

Honestly they're both tourist traps and you can do much better elsewhere. But if I'm forced to choose, Pat's is slightly less awful than Genos.

Grew up in lower NE.

I like how you put that "slightly less awful". Pat's is more Philly, darker, dirtier, more unfriendly.

Quoted from LilRocky:

I've lived here for about 8 years and have been coming here for about 20. If its the place I'm thinking, it used to be right on the sound in Nags Head where the arcade was to the left after you walked in. Can't remember how it left, but yeah, it's gone. However, one of the island ops started his own arcade about 30 minutes inland which has pretty much any of the hard to find DMD pins along with a number of well known solid states and EMs. His place is called Flippers. He's got a BBB, CC, MM, and all the stern LEs just to name a few. Also working on setting up one of those big ass Hercules pins. I always recommend any pinhead who visits the island to stop by.

That's the place. It burned down about eight years ago. Flippers sounds like a great place. I remember Hercules when it first came out. Pool ball for a pinball.

Dan

#10 11 years ago

The sound issue seems to have worked itself out. There used to be no sound during the XB animation, which seemed strange to me, but it is there now.

Dan

#11 11 years ago

Glad you got it fixed. On mine, there's no sound on the extra ball animation but there is on the shoot again animation.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Glad you got it fixed. On mine, there's no sound on the extra ball animation but there is on the shoot again animation.

I will pay better attention and let you know. So yours does not call out "Extra Ball?"

Do you know about the pin party on 9/29? Some guys will be coming down from Balt. Give Pinballerchef a PM.

Dan

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I will pay better attention and let you know. So yours does not call out "Extra Ball?"

During the game if I hit an XB it will call it out. The one I am thinking of is when you change the setting to reward an XB instead of a replay. It's not called out. If I hit the XB reward after a drain and my bonus puts me over the top of the reward score, there is no sound for the XB animation but there is sound for the shoot again animation.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Do you know about the pin party on 9/29? Some guys will be coming down from Balt.

working on figuring that out; don't want to upset the girlfriend by not being with her on her bday weekend and going to play pinball lol

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

During the game if I hit an XB it will call it out. The one I am thinking of is when you change the setting to reward an XB instead of a replay. It's not called out. If I hit the XB reward after a drain and my bonus puts me over the top of the reward score, there is no sound for the XB animation but there is sound for the shoot again animation.

working on figuring that out; don't want to upset the girlfriend by not being with her on her bday weekend and going to play pinball lol

Come to think of it, I do not think XB award from points is called out. At least I haven't noticed. Was wondering about that.

Bring her. We'll get a birthday cake and celebrate her birthday. How about that? A surprise birthday party by people she has never met! Everyone will hid in the basement. Could work.

BTW, with or without Crunchberries?

Dan

#15 11 years ago

Gotta love the short lived (tho they recently brought it back) Oops! All Berries!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

The sound issue seems to have worked itself out. There used to be no sound during the XB animation, which seemed strange to me, but it is there now.
Dan

Extra Ball!!

#17 11 years ago

MMMMMMM Berries....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
12,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.