• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180728_144950 (resized).jpg
20180618_171003 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi I turn on my Indy jones and the boards light I hear the pinsound board start up and I can see the dmd screen backlight so Its getting power.
other then that the rest of the game is dead here's a pic of the board lights.. I checked all the fuses. sometimes if left on long enough it starts to work .
if you could point me in the right direction that would be great thanks .

20180618_171003 (resized).jpg20180618_171003 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Hope you find a solution soon!

#3 5 years ago

Looking at the pic, it seems D19 and D21 are on but D19 should not stay on. Check this thread out, maybe it'll help https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-log-ij-cpu-d19-d21-locked-on

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. It looks like I have my work cut out for me. I'll update my progress. When I get some..

#5 5 years ago

If your board has any battery damage on it, might make sense to send it for repair

#6 5 years ago

When in doubt reseat all roms and cables to start with then check voltages and fuses if no change.

#7 5 years ago

Well I took my board out . I didn't find any battery damage. Removed and reseated all socketed chips. The possessor pin layout was a bit confusing. Also the other thread the guy said he checked for activity on the data lines ect. After thinking about it I'm not sure what kind of activity hes referring to. Hi signal low signal or pulsing signal...so who fixes these boards? I'll probably just send it out.

#8 5 years ago

Are all your power driver board LEDs lit? in your picture it looks like LED7 isn't lit, 12volts I believe. Verifying the voltages at the TP (test point) pins is an absolute must. I believe there are 7. If that LED is off you have to start there and find out why that voltage line is down. The LEDs on the CPU board look good, one should be flashing if its ok. No idea if your dip switch settings on that CPU board are correct tho, might want to verify that to eliminate it.
Another thing you can do is boot the game with the DMD and sound board disconnected to see if it will play at all.

Check out this thread as it relates to LED 7 on a WPC89 board
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wpc89-driver-board-check-fuses-115-116-j112-12v-supply

#9 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I double checked all the voltages. I have 11.97v. 16V for the 12vUR 5 V and 20 V led 7 is lit but led 3 is not..
can someone point out pin 1 and the direction of # pins, on the processor .

#10 5 years ago

Yeah I don't know where I got LED 7 from, after clicking on the pic its clearly labeled 3

#11 5 years ago

I don't know much about WPC-89, but based on http://www.pinballsupernova.com/Williams%20Repair%20Guide/Williams%201990-1999%20WPC.pdf it seems that LED3 has no test point but should not be lit (only flicker)

#12 5 years ago

Update time.. I switched out the board with my Addams family and now it works .. butt Addams family doesn't .

so I guess that would limit the problem to that board. so for fun I changed U4 that's the processor right? and it still running so that eliminates that.
any other ideas?? thanks .

#14 5 years ago

I would just have Chris Hibler fix the board

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I would just have Chris Hibler fix the board

I might have to do that.. could you pm me his contact info please .thanks

#16 5 years ago

And have him install NVRAM

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I might have to do that.. could you pm me his contact info please .thanks

Sure

4 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

Ok I finally got around to fixing it, after I made this bench power supply from an old P.C. power supply.
when the board was on the bench I was pressing on the chips and it started working so I flexed the board a little and it stopped working after a closer look I can see some bad solder joints on a couple of the sockets on the bottom of the board, so I resoldered them and now its working again ..

20180728_144950 (resized).jpg20180728_144950 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-pinball-adv-not-waking-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.