Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ijpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-220.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-959.jpg
image-378.jpg
image-92.jpg
image-586.jpg
image-656.jpg
detail.jpg
i2.jpg
i1.jpg
ijschema.jpg
image-735.jpg
image-66.jpg
image-802.jpg
image-519.jpg
image-678.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Hey jwo825, could you please set your video to public? It's currently set to private.

Thanks

#52 5 years ago

Sorry bout that. I keep forgetting that it defaults to private

#53 5 years ago

Looking good !!!

#54 5 years ago

Ok, I think I'm satisfied now. I am looking around online for some material it use as straw in the crate. This will fill in the void.

I should be receiving my wireforms next week and then I'll be able to figure out exactly where to mount it and build the real wiring harness

Enjoy

#55 5 years ago

Dude that mod is just sick! Good job!

#56 5 years ago

Can't wait to see it mounted.

#57 5 years ago

Got a call from Mike Chestnut saying that my wireform are being shipped today. Should have them by the middle of next week and I can fit this and build the real wire harness. Can't wait to finish it.

#58 5 years ago

Been a little while, but I was waiting on my wireforms to come back from plating. Let me just take a minute to say that Mike Chestnut did an incredible job on them. I sent them to him right before he went on vacation and he didn't have time to turn them around before he went, but he explained to me that was a possibility. I wasn't going to be able to play anyway because the left main wireform was broken. I couldn't be happier and it was definitely worth the wait!

Not that everything's back together, I'm trying to locate the right mounting spot. There are only two real options because of it's size. At the bottom, near the narrow escape gate and the top near the right ramp.

The bottom mount would be very easy, but the reservations I have are that the wires may show a bit and it's not where your eyes are really at while miltiball is going on.

I like the top mount. Over the orbit is nice and with a bracket, I could position it to fit nicely without blocking anything. If I mounted it directly over the ramp, it would be right where it needs to be during play and the wires can be hidden and routed through the playfield easily. With the mounting bracket, it could be a little lower than in the pics and tilted back a bit. This way there is a little more clearance between it and the plane and all of the ramp decals will be visible.

Please keep in mind that I took these with an iPad and just had to wedge the thing where I could so it would stay. Any comments, suggestions, or criticism is appreciated. image-959.jpgimage-586.jpgimage-92.jpgimage-378.jpgimage-656.jpg

#59 5 years ago

Playing around with it before work, I found that it will mount in the very top left corner of the game. It would be to the left of the Path of Adventure even. My concern about this spot is it's kinda dark back there and it might not be very visible. I'll take a pic at lunchtime.

#60 5 years ago

Here is the only other realistic option. Opinions?image-220.jpgimage-277.jpg

#61 5 years ago

First off - love this mod. Detail is very well done.

I was thinking about the upper left before I saw your latest post as there is just a clear plastic up there. What if you angled it some to see the inside in the upper left, is there enough room?

Right orbit looks good also just wonder if it obscured by the fighter and the ruins

#62 5 years ago

There's pretty much no room to angle it downward in the upper left. I think I just may go with the right orbit.

Easy to mount, feed wires, is decently lit, and it's near the jackpot shot.

Also, not obscured by the fighter plane

#63 5 years ago

Yes i agree. Upper left is just so far from the multiball action.

#64 5 years ago

I have something similar to your mod in my machine, without the box (yours looks really great, by the way!), but I've always debated where to put it. I think having it upper left is aesthetically the best, because until you hit the jackpot, the ball never actually gets over the bridge to the treasure. So it's cool to see the mod light up with the sound and "Jackpot!" and all that, and see the ball circle around, etc. I think the whole thing times out really well. But there's not a lot of space up there and the angle sucks, so once the lights are off and the glass is on it's all kinda hard to see.
My second favorite space is the bare metal wall at the exit of the Path. If the ball can roll underneath your mod, that might be a cool place for it. There's nothing there, plus it balances out the playfield by having the idol directly opposite. I just feel like there's already too much stuff on the right. The left side could use some love. haha. Just a thought.

#65 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room on the bare metal price at the POA exit?

I have hot a setback, though. I think that I may have shorted the wires inside the Grail piece. It's blinking with other lights in the row and I have verified my harness is wired correctly and diodes are working.

I think because I had to squeeze the wires in there that I may have twisted the grail enough to have them touching in there.

#66 5 years ago

I actually think every mounting point you have tried works fine lol,If you just posted any of those pics at random and said "this" is where its going we would all agree it fits perfect there,

*ahem* don't suppose you might consider making "one" more for a HUGE IJ fan like myself would you

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room on the bare metal price at the POA exit?
I have hot a setback, though. I think that I may have shorted the wires inside the Grail piece. It's blinking with other lights in the row and I have verified my harness is wired correctly and diodes are working.
I think because I had to squeeze the wires in there that I may have twisted the grail enough to have them touching in there.

Welcome to the wonderful world of modding. Haha. Now go to Radio Shack and buy a bunch of fuses, because you're gonna need them.

1 week later
#68 5 years ago

Are you going to be selling these when you're done??

Quoted from jwo825:Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there isn't enough room on the bare metal price at the POA exit?

Are you going to be selling is when they're done??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside