Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TrainH2o
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The craziest thing happened to me last night. I was playing Indiana Jones, and had a really good score going.

Everything was going my way when all of a sudden, the game goes quiet for about 2 seconds, plays the BONG sound like it does when you turn the power on, silent for about 15 more seconds, and then resumes normal audio at maximum volume.

You should have seen me trying to keep the ball in play while my daughter tries to grab the key to unlock the coin door. I was able to make the Mode Start shot, just before she opened the coin door. I adjusted the volume back to normal, she closed the coin door, and I was ready for the game to eject the ball from the Mode Start saucer.

I'm not sure what was going on. Anyone else have this happen?

#2 9 years ago

That happened to me on IJ on location a few months back. Exact same thing. Must be a bug in the software. The sound did quiet itself down within 10 seconds or so.

#3 9 years ago

It took me longer than ten seconds to get her over to the game, to grab the key. It was painfully loud, and she had hands over her ears.

I seriously thought it was going to blow a speaker.

#4 9 years ago

That happened on my T2 once but then never happened again for the next year, then I sold it. Actually scared the shit out of me!

#5 9 years ago

It happened to my CV I had a while back….. Friggin loud!

#6 9 years ago

Sounds like a DCS Audio thing, and not a bug in the IJ sound ROMS.

#7 9 years ago

Yeah that's happened to me twice on IJ, both times when a whole lot was going on at once. Thought the speakers were going to blow, so I shut down the machine, waited, and rebooted, and all seemed good again. There are a couple other instances I've also had in the game that aren't as drastic as you experienced, but where a call out blasts way over usual volume, then goes back to normal shortly after. I assume it's a glitch?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

There are a couple other instances I've also had in the game that aren't as drastic as you experienced, but where a call out blasts way over usual volume, then goes back to normal shortly after. I assume it's a glitch?

This happens to me pretty frequently. For me, it's always when I complete the INDY rollovers. One character's call out is noticeably louder than the others. After that, the volume goes back to normal. It's always Marion or Willie, never any of the others.

#10 9 years ago

Well known issue. It was corrected with one of the later ROM versions. Scares the crap out of you when it happens.

#11 9 years ago

Check the two connectors on the right side of the driver board (J107 I think is one of them?) and the LED lights on the board #2 and #3. #2 should always be on steady and #3 should randomly blink on and off. Did you notice if the feature lights were on still?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Well known issue. It was corrected with one of the later ROM versions. Scares the crap out of you when it happens.

Looks like my U6 is running L1 ROMS. The rest say L2.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Check the two connectors on the right side of the driver board (J107 I think is one of them?) and the LED lights on the board #2 and #3. #2 should always be on steady and #3 should randomly blink on and off. Did you notice if the feature lights were on still?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Hey John. It wasn't a total reset, if that's what you're getting at. The DMD never changed and I kept my score and everything.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Hey John. It wasn't a total reset, if that's what you're getting at. The DMD never changed and I kept my score and everything.

It WAS a reset - but an Audio board reset, not the MPU. That's what the single 'bong' was - for some reason the board reset.

Like others mentioned, could be a ROM/software issue, or a power issue..

However, yes, checking LEDs on the power driver board won't tell you anything..

#15 9 years ago

This is what someone on ebay has in their L-3 sound rom listing. It looks like you need L-7 cpu and L-3 sound ROMs.

"L7 cpu chipnot included in this auction , and its companion sound chip L3 also fix the super-loud volume bug"

ebay.com link: Indiana Jones Pinball sound chip u2 l 3 upgrade

#16 9 years ago

Update both the game and sound ROM to the latest version. This is a known bug that updating the ROMS corrects.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It WAS a reset - but an Audio board reset, not the MPU. That's what the single 'bong' was - for some reason the board reset.
Like others mentioned, could be a ROM/software issue, or a power issue..
However, yes, checking LEDs on the power driver board won't tell you anything..

True. I meant not a total MPU reset like the TZ reset from hell that I was dealing with a few months ago.

Audio board reset does make sense.

#18 9 years ago

i had this happen to me man years ago with a Black Rose I had on location, needless to say it didn't last long. This was pre-internet, had very little info to go on, contacted Williams, they had no answer, tried replacing a chip on the sound board that they thought might be the problem but did nothing, eventually gave up and put in a new sound board and sold the game at auction, don't know if that cured it or not. Very frustrating problem because you just have to wait until it happens again, no way to know if you fixed it or not.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I have ROMs if you need them.

Yes, I know. If only this had happened a few weeks ago, huh?

I bought my TZ home ROMs from you, a long time ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
12,500 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-full-volume-bomb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.