Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Drop target by the captive ball is sticking. Sometimes when it's hit lightly, it drops 1/4 of the way. Hit it again, it will drop. Sometimes a fast shot may not move it. It always eventually goes down, but have to get that fixed.

Never worked on a drop target before, and before I take it out / apart, wanted to get an opinion (and the right parts).

* Does this sound like an issue with the spring?
* Could this be the grease is gummed up? Do you just wipe off the old stuff, and put some fresh grease on? What grease should I use for the drop target?
* Sound like something else?

#2 6 years ago

put down the grease.. pick up the alcohol.. take it apart and clean it.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

put down the grease.. pick up the alcohol.. take it apart and clean it.

This! Haven't had to look at this particular drop target but most of the targets I've had stick are due to a missing or spent spring. Worth a shot looking at.

#4 6 years ago

I just cleaned a couple of banks of drop targets for my first time. Alcohol and q-tips!!! Plus take pictures of everything before you take them apart. Do not grease or lube anything just clean it really good. Pretty easy job and now everything works great.

#5 6 years ago

Shorten up the spring also, it'll help pull the drop target down when hit.

#6 6 years ago

Cleaned the grease off with alcohol. It was all over the decal.

After it was cleaned, the target stuck even worse. Can't get it to go down. The decal adhesive is no longer working at the bottom of the decal. Think that may be why it was greased in the first place. The decal appears to be getting caught while it is trying to drop. I was considering cutting the decal off below the mouth.

A few pics ..... Any advise appreciated

image.jpg image.jpg

#7 6 years ago

Try to reglue the decal. Otherwise you can buy replacements.
Also, try to move the target away from the playfield so it doesn't rub on the edge of the hole (if it is). There may be some wiggle room. Try loosening the screws which hold the entire mechanism to the playfield and push the entire mechanism towards the back of the playfield just a bit. Then re-tighten the screws. Too much and the target will rub the back of the hole.
Also, you need to clean the part of the target underneath the playfield. And as others said, make sure the spring is not stretched out.
Drop targets should snap down, not slowly lower.

#8 6 years ago

Is superglue ok to use for this sort of application?

#9 6 years ago

Make sure you remove the target from the mech, clean the entire area where the post rubs against, and everything else. On the bracket, clea the two posts that guide the target really well with novus 2, and all the other areas where the target rubs against it.

If the target is new, sometimes there are some places in the track where the posts go between that need to be filed down.

#10 6 years ago

Clean the sucker!
Take it apart and clean every part.
Put it back together without any grease.
Grease kills the good working of a droptarget.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Put it back together without any grease.

And be sure all the right parts are there and put back on in the correct spots. If the washers are worn to a sharp raised flange replace them.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside