Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JonH123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

OEM IJ Cab (resized).jpg
IMG_0787 (resized).JPG
IJ Alignment (resized).jpg
ij (resized).jpg
1493562513239214848994 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Buying new cabinet decal set for Indiana Jones. Want good quality that will last. Original sets are expensive and not printed next gen. There are some knock off ones from Europe-but I don't know the quality or how they will hold up. Doing this correctly is a real job...don't want to be unhappy with the decals. Any advice?

#2 2 years ago

Sound like you want the best outcome possible, and I dont blame you on an IJ...Mine already had knock off decals from europe on it when I got it and you can tell there is too much red. If I was doing my IJ myself I would have bought better quality decals.

1493562513239214848994 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

also notice in my above pic that either the guy who put them on didn't bother to line up the side art with the front art, or the decals were not correct...

ij (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Sound like you want the best outcome possible, and I dont blame you on an IJ...Mine already had knock off decals from europe on it when I got it and you can tell there is too much red. If I was doing my IJ myself I would have bought better quality decals.

Thanks. I see what you are saying. With it $300 more than the Euro ones I wanted to see any difference. Also one says they use uv ink and other says uv film.

#5 2 years ago

Which decal set does HEP or Bryan Kelly use?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

also notice in my above pic that either the guy who put them on didn't bother to line up the side art with the front art, or the decals were not correct...

In my opinion; the front decal should always be the first one installed.

#7 2 years ago

I have an original set for sale.

1 week later
#8 2 years ago

Rob at Rockland had a set that looked awesome on IJ. Really stunning..

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Rob at Rockland had a set that looked awesome on IJ. Really stunning..

I just bought an original licensed set. Didn't like the colors on some of the knockoff ones.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

That's the worst I've ever seen!

Most IJ decals, even the ones that had come from PPS, don't align. However, when installed, they can be mis-aligned under the legs, so it's not noticed. I've done two decal installs on IJ in the last few years, and I made sure they were mis-aligned under the legs, not above the legs.

IJ Alignment (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's the worst I've ever seen!
Most IJ decals, even the ones that had come from PPS, don't align. However, when installed, they can be mis-aligned under the legs, so it's not noticed. I've done two decal installs on IJ in the last few years, and I made sure they were mis-aligned under the legs, not above the legs.

Bought licensed screened ones 2 years ago and did it the same way. I installed them aligned above the legs and so that incorrect print was covered under the legs.

IMG_0787 (resized).JPG

#12 2 years ago

That's exactly why you buy originals whenever possible. I have a set of OEM replacements from Williams waiting for the right machine. And yeah, you read that right!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

That's exactly why you buy originals whenever possible. I have a set of OEM replacements from Williams waiting for the right machine. And yeah, you read that right!

If you're talking about the colors, than yes. OEM replacements from Williams would be best. However, the mis-alignment can still be an issue. Most Williams originals were installed out of alignment, as well.

OEM IJ Cab (resized).jpg

#14 2 years ago

How much does a set of original decals sell for?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 28.00
$ 279.95
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside