IJ adding players

By mtdouble

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Every time switch 18(Right Outlane Top) gets triggered an extra player gets added.....any ideas why?

thanks,
miket

#2 9 years ago

need more info...is this during gameplay? Check switch matrix chart in manual. If they are in same column or row you are close to figuring it out. Could be diode off or bad. Def sounds like switch matrix issue though.

#3 9 years ago

during play....

#4 9 years ago

I've never figured out exactly when this gets triggered on mine. I have had several occasions where I'll be playing a game and players start getting added. I just figured it was something with my start button but have yet to investigate. Interested to know what the remedy is for this as well.

#5 9 years ago

looks like switch 12, 13 and 18 all get triggered when 18 gets rolled over.....cannot figure it out, 12 is the buy in button and 13 is the start button - very interesting.....

#6 9 years ago

Standard switch matrix issue. A switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, something shorting to switch wiring, or switch lugs/diodes squished together.

Look your playfield switches over, under mini playfield too. They are all wired the same, white wire black end of diode there, green wire there, silver band end of diode there.

Especially check switches under playfield or on ramps that balls could hit.

If this started after you replaced a switch or something, go there first.

LTG : )™

#7 9 years ago

Go into switch edge test and see which switches show closed when you close switch 18. Remove all the balls from the game and repeat the same test.

Have you worked on the game prior to this problem arising.

#8 9 years ago

I replaced left flipper coil not too long ago - could that be it?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I replaced left flipper coil not too long ago - could that be it?

No, different circuits. Flipper power/hold different circuit, if you messed that up you'd have had some very serious flipper coil issues instantly. EOS switch, even if you got really creative when changing the flipper coil, the EOS switch is dedicated switch not matrixed, so again nothing you did there.

#10 9 years ago

I'd bet on a short under the mini playfield over the mode start hole. Common issue.

#11 9 years ago

I'd check the lower right switch on the POA. That switch gets hit by the ball and it bends the blades together causing the added players. It's worth a look anyway

#12 9 years ago

I have this exact same problem on my TZ. Player added when ball triggers the yellow skill shot switch. Haven't been able to figure this one out yet. Spent allot of time trying to track down all of the above.

Thanks
Dougram69

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from arock:

That switch gets hit by the ball and it bends the blades together causing the added players.

Worth a check, but that one usually keeps sending up balls from the ball trough to the shooter lane.

#14 9 years ago

these are switch matrix issues. I have fixed about 20 of them Each one was something different but they all start with the switch matrix chart, writing down what switch causes what and then physically inspecting each switch involved. Could be a diode backwards, diode leg barely touching, cold solder joint, a leg touching metal... When you find it it feels great.

I have a friend with a new stern that when he hit a center target game would launch a ball. Crazy problem. Diode was wired backwards from the factory. It was an easy fix once I looked at switches and noticed the banded side was facing wrong way.

Matrix issues takes patience and a methodical approach. Which are two things I am not good at

#15 9 years ago

Thanks for all the tips. I'm glad you started this thread mtdouble and hope you figure out your IJ. Now, I'm going to get my friend Neo and head to the Matrix to figure mine out too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-adding-players and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.