Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ghetoprobe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should the Pinside have an "ignore user" feature?”

• Yes 130 votes
      68%
    • No 60 votes
      32%

(190 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Ray_(aka)_Scrambled_Play-n_MB.jpg
    ignore-feat-6.jpg
    ignore-feat-5.jpg
    ignore-feat-4.jpg
    ignore-feat-3.jpg
    ignore-feat-2.jpg
    ignore-feat-1.jpg
    Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    Obama.jpg
    tiltwarninghowto.gif
    infoz.jpg
    no_no.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 11 years ago

I happen to think the ability to ignore another user would be an excellent feature. It would not only encourage people to think more about their posts before saying something stupid, but it would also let people filter out those who contribute nothing positive to the site. I do, however, have some suggestions. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to code this stuff, but here are my thoughts:

When you decide to ignore someone, you should have a choice between having all their posts completely disappear, or simply auto-hiding them similar to the way tilt warnings currently work. If you choose to auto-hide, you will still when an ignored user posts something, but you will have to click on it if you want to read it. I also think that if you are ignoring someone, if anybody quotes them, the quote should be hidden as well. For example:

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I want the feedom to read whatever is posted ...

You would not lose this freedom if the ignore feature was implemented. It would be entirely up to you weather or not you decide to ignore someone.

#59 11 years ago

In my eyes, it simply would give members yet another tool to customize and improve their overall Pinside experience. I don't see how it can possibly be seen as a bad or "negative" thing. If someone doesn't want to use the feature, they can simply ignore it (no pun intended).

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I suspect that many of us that voted yes will never use it ...

I voted yes despite the fact that I will never be able to take advantage of the feature. Unfortunately for us moderators, we don't have the luxury of ignoring people that drive us insane.

#77 11 years ago

So far it's 69 for, and 25 against. With nearly 100 votes cast, that's more than a 2/3 majority in favor of it.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry!...couldn't resist!

Nor could I ...

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

You said in an earlier post it was something you wanted to get away from, I mean the RGP killfile stuff and chopped threads. I agree and think this ignore feature is unnecessary, as long as you provide moderation at the level you are now.

I agree that an ignore feature isn't as important on a moderated forum as it is on an anything goes newsgroup such as RGP, but it would still be a nice feature to have for the people that choose to use it.

1 month later
    #137 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think this is a useful feature but I don't think it is a substitute for moderation.

Darn, and I was hoping I could take a nice long vacation ...

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

... but I still think it's important to impose some base levels of mutual respect for fellow users.

I couldn't agree more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ignore-user-feature?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.