Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Contact-Page.jpg
    Score-Page.jpg
    Admin-Page.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

If everyone just gets one shot, we'll see more "lucky people" qualifying than we do now (based on the principle that if you had to play a match against, say, Bowen, you would stand a better chance to win a one game match rather than a best of seven). But your argument is that if people get many attempts, then we'll also see too many "lucky people".
    What are you proposing exactly?

yup... golf analogy here...

if i'm better than someone, i want to play against them on a par 5 instead of a par 3, because they have more opportunities to screw up on the par 5, whereas i'm likely to make at least a par, with an occasional birdie mixed in and an occasional "aw f&^&" mixed in...

on the par 3, they only have to hit one lucky shot to beat me...

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

- can't believe this even has to make a list but for crying out loud, TAKE A SHOWER, nobody wants to smell your filth.

not just for tournaments, but some who attend pin shows could use to be reminded of this...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.