Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Contact-Page.jpg
    Score-Page.jpg
    Admin-Page.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I'm still an inconsistent player with flashes of promise, so I prefer the multiple attempts. I also think it's a good idea for building a pot, if that's what you're going for. I do like the idea though that I think I heard on PapaLive where any subsequent attempts would nullify previous tries. So you could try to do better but if you choke, you're stuck with the bad score and would need to try again so there'd be a bit of a risk/reward for multiple attempts.

#21 9 years ago

The point of the suggestion was the risk/reward vs consistent play. In the example below you should have probably stopped at entry 4 or 6, or you play more, dumping more money. I think it lends itself to a bit of self reflection. You know if you have a better game in you, but if you put up a "decent" score, maybe you don't want to risk it. I think it would be interesting to run one that way just to see what happens. I doubt it would keep any of the top players out, but it's just something different.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Lord, I hope I never play in a tourney where subsequent attempts count, even if they are a lower score. Example, Multiple attempts on Avatar:
    1. 6,456,xxx
    2. 11,234,xxx
    3. 17,789,xxx
    4. 26,475,xxx
    5. 4,502,xxx
    6. 36,331,xxx
    7. 9,492,xxx.
    Now my best score on Avatar is 9,492,xxx? That is not remotely how pinball in general works, IMHO.
    For a better alternative to pump and dump(which I am perfectly fine with), I would endorse a format where you get 3 attempts at each machine. All attempts count, to be added up for a composite score for each individual machine. Like this:
    TWD
    1. 34,567,000
    2. 10,456,000
    3. 56,123,000
    Total for TWD = 101,146,000
    EB
    1. 56,230
    2. 117,450
    3. 359,120
    Total for EB = 532,800
    NF
    1. 589,123,000
    2. 1,234,991,000
    3. 2,006,471,000
    Total for NF = 3,830,585,000

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa?tu=ahanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.