(Topic ID: 61260)

IFPA WPPR Adjustments Just Went Through - Check your ranking!

By Nuclear_Waste

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

The IFPA Launch Party adjustments to WPPRs (retroactive) have been processed.

I know why they did what they did, but sheesh! I lost 22 WPPRs and dropped almost 100 places.

Good news for some...if I went down in ranking...that means others have gone up. Maybe it's you!

#2 10 years ago

I got F'''''ed as well. Lost over 100 places, dropped 2 places in my state ratings, from 5th to 7th.

As I said on our local facebook page, the only people that got SCREWED in this thing were midlevel players. The high end players that were abusing these mega-score tourneys at major events stood to lose the LEAST from this change, because they already have tons of other high-point rankings. Guys like me, whose only 1st place win was at a launch party this year, got ROYALLY SCREWED.

#3 10 years ago

Me too, lost over 100 places and I haven't even been to a launch party. Second time this happened. I want from just outside top 100 to 150ish last time. Haven't played competively now for 2 years. Ifpa ranking means nothing anymore to a lot of us in UK.

#4 10 years ago

dropped 30 spots, of course the one launch party I went to I did well and got third - now the tournament is only worth 8 points.

#5 10 years ago

Epotech, you may have had some results from prior years depreciated... sounds like it's not related.

#6 10 years ago

Yes i realise that. Still dropped 100 spots.

#7 10 years ago

looks like I went up a couple hundred spots?

I do not really remember but I used to be close to 1940 and now I am in the 1700s

#8 10 years ago

They adjusted it just for Whysnow because of his screwup at PAPAs.
    j/k

#9 10 years ago

LOL! Noice!!!

#10 10 years ago

No change due to the launch party adjustment. I've never been to one, the only one close (4 hours) was kept top secret by a guy in SW MO so he could go and win without having additional competition.

#11 10 years ago

Are you really getting screwed if the event shouldn't have been worth that much in the first place?

I initially had 24 points for the WOZ tournament at PAPA 16, essentially doubling my total WPPRs and rocketing me up like 400 spots. Nice to jump up, but felt kinda cheap since I'd gotten it playing ONE game of pinball, versus the year of competitive play it took me to get the first 24.

Zach Sharpe got knocked out of first place in the world after this adjustment, and I'll bet you won't hear him complaining about getting "royally screwed". Especially since he's on the board that made that decision.

Also you'll notice that over half of the top 25 ranked players are non-US, so to me that shows they are at least doing a pretty decent job of rewarding players for world-class play regardless of region.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vanapult:

Zach Sharpe got knocked out of first place in the world after this adjustment, and I'll bet you won't hear him complaining about getting "royally screwed". Especially since he's on the board that made that decision.

Yep! Poor Zach! There go the endorsement deals and groupies!

#13 10 years ago

Psssh I get screwed because they hold it at bars and I'm only 20 so I can't play. If I remember reading right ranking points were for tournaments that were open to anyone no restrictions. I'm not really caring though its just some points to compare me. I know where I stand I'm a B player middle class at best days. I'm not gonna whine and take the fun away from others earning points because I cant. I just hope we start getting release party's at open arcades again like enchanted castle or game works. I can drive to Michigan just for that I did it once for a tourney not again. I'll go to Wisconsin and PAPA that's it. Possibly Ohio

#14 10 years ago

Lost around 30ish places....haven't played since Papa though.
    EDIT: Er I guess I got no points for that either so it's been a wHile.

#15 10 years ago

My ranking looks like it went down and never even been to one don't care. If everyone was effected you weren't personally hurt its just a rankings adjustment your still ranked fairly just the amount of points were effected its not just you, you didn't lose anything really.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

No change due to the launch party adjustment. I've never been to one, the only one close (4 hours) was kept top secret by a guy in SW MO so he could go and win without having additional competition.

I live in SW Missouri and didn't know about this! When/where was this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-wppr-adjustments-just-went-through-check-your-ranking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.