(Topic ID: 182080)

IFPA Stern Rewards - Get a discounted NIB Stern direct from Stern

By IdahoRealtor

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190513_195614 (resized).jpg
    20190513_095133 (resized).jpg
    29424972_1632480530134533_2964975078736920576_n (resized).jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

This is the first I've heard or read about this:

CURRENT REWARDS AVAILABLE: KISS PRO, KISS PREMIUM, WALKING DEAD PRO, WWE PRO, METALLICA PRO, GAME OF THRONES PRO, GAME OF THRONES PREMIUM, STERN MERCHANDISE DISCOUNTS

Ways to qualify for the $tern Rewards Program:

1. Be the IFPA announced “Player of the Month”. This is the player that earned the most World Pinball Player Rankings points for the month.
    2. Be one of the top three “Biggest Movers” for a month. These are the players who moved up the most positions in the World Pinball Player Rankings for a given month.
    3. Be in the Top 1000 of the final World Pinball Player Rankings at the end of the Calendar Year.

Whole article:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/

Who has bought a pin this way? Was it a good discount? I'm ranked 4000-something. Maybe it's time to focus on moving up.

#2 7 years ago

I made the cut this year, at like 550. I'm curious what the ifpa price is as well, but I don't have the chedda to pull the trigger so I have not asked. You get it direct from Stern tho, not thru a distributor, I asked Trent about it last year when I was on the cusp of the 1000s.

if anyone has done this, care to share the price structure?

#3 7 years ago

I knew this existed but I didn't know the top 1000 thing qualified you.

Apparently I've been qualified for this before then and have never actually heard anything about what the discount is nor how to claim it.

#4 7 years ago

there is a list of qualified players on the ifpa site but they do not send out info to you. You have to have your profile fully filled out with a picture to be eligible.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/stern-rewards-program-current-qualifiers/

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who has bought a pin this way? Was it a good discount? I'm ranked 4000-something. Maybe it's time to focus on moving up.

It's something like $1,500 off MSRP so it is lower than the dealer price. I have a friend considering a GoT Premium with his reward now.

#6 7 years ago

Last I had heard 2 years ago, the pricing was above what most distributors have as Pinside pricing.. But this was before all of the Stern sales policy changes ect..

#7 7 years ago

I just got the Pro & Premium pricing from IFPA and it's about 10% cheaper than the "shipped price" from distributors, BUT the IFPA price DOES NOT include shipping. Add shipping and it's basically the same price, give or take $100. Oh well.

#8 7 years ago

It works out well if you are within driving distance of Stern.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

It works out well if you are within driving distance of Stern.

Gotta pay sales tax if you pick it up

(Which is wayyyy higher than every shipment I've ever had quoted. I quote using a company that we use at Raw Thrills and it's typically in the $150-300 range depending on where it's going)

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

(Which is wayyyy higher than every shipment I've ever had quoted. I quote using a company that we use at Raw Thrills and it's typically in the $150-300 range depending on where it's going)

Really? That's cheap shipping. I'm used to more like $500.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I knew this existed but I didn't know the top 1000 thing qualified you.

This.... petty sure this is new for this year...

And yes, somene local offered to let me use their reward because I haven't been over 1000th in..um...a very long time....but when we looked into it, it wasn't any cheaper than what I'd paid for games before, so I've never understood the point of this program at all.

But yeah, this is definitely news to me about top 1k....I'm in the low 300's I think right now.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I knew this existed but I didn't know the top 1000 thing qualified you

Same here! I qualify and so does Danni.

The wife needs to step up her game to crack the top 1000 lol

I wonder if I can get a game shipped to me? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(Gears in head turning ...)

rd

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Always wondered? do we just reach out to you directly for a quote on price?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Always wondered? do we just reach out to you directly for a quote on price?

Yep. If you email and include your address we can give you an "all in" price under the rewards program.

#15 7 years ago

Hey, I'm qualified, yay!

9 months later
    #16 6 years ago

Just FYI, but we just added Star Wars Pro and Premium to the rewards program.

Current games available:
    Wrestlemania Pro, Ghostbusters Premium, Aerosmith Premium, Star Wars Pro, Star Wars Premium

A reminder that anyone with a 2016 reward, it does expire on 12/31/17.

1 month later
    #17 6 years ago

If anyone's considering a Batman 66 Premium, IFPA's Stern Rewards price for 2018 is significantly better than the street price. FYI.

#18 6 years ago

We haven't publicly announced it yet, but we did add the top 1000 eligible players to the rewards qualifier list:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/stern-rewards-program-current-qualifiers/

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

If anyone's considering a Batman 66 Premium, IFPA's Stern Rewards price fir 2018 is significantly better than the street price. FYI.

how much?

Since not a distributor, I think it is OK to publish

Quoted from ifpapinball:

We have publicly announced it yet, but we did add the top 1000 eligible players to the rewards qualifier list:

Is there a full current list of games available and prices for Stern Rewards people?

#20 6 years ago

Current rewards games available is here:

It is NOT OK to publish IFPA pricing.

1 month later
    1 week later
    #23 6 years ago

IFPA Stern rewards certificates are back in stock! If you ordered one of these games through the rewards program send us an email and we can send this out to you.

29424972_1632480530134533_2964975078736920576_n (resized).jpg29424972_1632480530134533_2964975078736920576_n (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

The IFPA is excited to announce that Stern has added Guardians of the Galaxy Pro and Premium models to the rewards program. A reminder that the 2017 rewards earned by players expire December 31st, 2018.

The following games are now available under the program: Wrestlemania Pro, Ghostbusters Pro, Ghostbusters Premium, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Premium, Aerosmith Pro, Aerosmith Premium, Star Wars Pro, Star Wars Premium, Batman 66 Premium

Detailed rules for the $tern Rewards Program, including an updated list of qualifiers, and updated list of rewards available can be found at:

#25 6 years ago

Finally a list I'm on that isn't bad ))

Anyone know what the shipped pricing is on these rewards. The website has everything but. PM'ing me is fine if that's a no-no here.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Anyone know what the shipped pricing is on these rewards. The website has everything but. PM'ing me is fine if that's a no-no here.

That's a no-no here. Shoot me a message about what game you're interested in and I can quote you out.

4 months later
    #27 5 years ago

The IFPA is excited to announce that Stern has added Iron Maiden Pro and Premium models to the rewards program. A reminder that the 2017 rewards earned by players expire December 31st, 2018.

The following games are now available under the program: Batman 66 Premium, Iron Maiden Pro, Iron Maiden Premium, Ghostbusters Pro, Ghostbusters Premium, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Premium, Metallica Pro, Star Trek Vault Pro, Star Trek Vault Premium, Star Wars Pro, Star Wars Premium.

Detailed rules for the $tern Rewards Program, including an updated list of qualifiers, and updated list of rewards available can be found at:

#28 5 years ago

Very tempted

#29 5 years ago

Doesn't the discunt come off the MSRP or something weird like that? I thought I worked it out once and it would have cost me more than a distro? Can't remember though

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Doesn't the discunt come off the MSRP or something weird like that? I thought I worked it out once and it would have cost me more than a distro? Can't remember though

Feel free to PM me if you want a quote on any of the games available.

From what I've heard it's a decent deal these days.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, it's a pretty decent discount off of MSRP. However, for some, the distributor price ended up significantly less than the rewards. Josh and I had a nice, long discussion about this, and I realize he's not the price setter and I have nothing but awesome things to say about the Sharpes and what they've done for this sport/hobby/obsession. I just wish that Stern would realize how much time, practice and $$ it takes to reach these skill levels. I understand that the rewards program is a marketing tactic, and I also realize they don't want to undercut the distributors through lower direct sales. However, to me a "reward" is truly being able to receive the best price out there regardless of 'who you know'.

I a perfectly viable solution would be a simple online system that accounts for your award status and claim status (so you can't double dip or use someone else's identity). You would go THROUGH a distributor, and the distributor would receive a reimbursement from Stern for the price difference.

A second viable option would involve sending qualified rewards members a one-time use discount card valid for a year, and to be used on any Stern machine or official Stern product (mods, toppers, etc.), either direct or off a distributor quote. Again, like any coupon, a distributor would be reimbursed for any purchases involving this card.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Feel free to PM me if you want a quote on any of the games available.
    From what I've heard it's a decent deal these days.

I cashed in this year and found it to be a muc better price than what any distro was offering. Only bummer was the multiple and pretty lengthy delayto get my game for the almost two months after paying my cash. I only mention it cause it was unexpected. Hoping that is not the norm on this deal?

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I cashed in this year and found it to be a muc better price than what any distro was offering. Only bummer was the multiple and pretty lengthy delayto get my game for the almost two months after paying my cash. I only mention it cause it was unexpected. Hoping that is not the norm on this deal?

Lead time really depends on the Stern production schedule along with getting in the allocation of that next build (assuming the game isn't in stock).

For example, right now we have a rewards purchase for a GOTG Pro that won't be available until the end of September. Other rewards games are currently in stock and could ship next day.

Your situation was unique in that I think they over allocated a production run that I was told you were part of . . . and then they ended up not having the game available. You then had to wait until the next production run to get the machine. Definitely not the norm.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Your situation was unique....

It usually is.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Batman 66 Premium, Iron Maiden Pro, Iron Maiden Premium, Ghostbusters Pro, Ghostbusters Premium, Guardians of the Galaxy Pro, Guardians of the Galaxy Premium, Metallica Pro, Star Trek Vault Pro, Star Trek Vault Premium, Star Wars Pro, Star Wars Premium.

You finally got rid of all the Wrestlemanias? And I had just started to like that (a little).

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It usually is.

coming from you, that is a compliment

6 months later
    #37 5 years ago

The Munsters Pro and Premium have been added to the rewards program:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/stern-rewards-program-the-munsters-added/

2 months later
    #38 4 years ago

Great deal and quick delivery.
    Thanks!

20190513_095133 (resized).jpg20190513_095133 (resized).jpg20190513_195614 (resized).jpg20190513_195614 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #39 4 years ago

The IFPA is excited to announce that Stern has added Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro and Premium to the rewards program. A reminder that the 2018 rewards earned by players expire December 31st, 2019. In addition this is the last call for any Batman 66 Premium games purchased through the Rewards Program.

The following games are now available under the program (subject to change at anytime): Batman 66 Premium (in stock – Last Call), Batman 66 Premium – Catwoman Edition (in stock – Last Call), Deadpool Pro (in stock), Deadpool Premium (in stock), Iron Maiden Pro (in stock), Iron Maiden Premium (in stock),
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (end of July), Star Trek Vault Pro (in stock), Star Trek Vault Premium (end of July), Star Wars Pro (end of July), Star Wars Premium (end of July), Munsters Pro (in stock), Munsters Premium (in stock), Beatles Gold (in stock), Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro (end of July),
    Black Knight Sword of Rage Premium (end of July).

#40 4 years ago

Wonder how much variation there is between titles on days from announcement of a title to available as part of the rewards program? And if it can tell us anything about sales.

1 year later
    #41 3 years ago

Figured I'd bump this to ask a quick question. Since the IFPA is kinda shut down and the economy isn't the best, will there be any type extension to use our IFPA rewards?

Thanks,
    RC

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Figured I'd bump this to ask a quick question. Since the IFPA is kinda shut down and the economy isn't the best, will there be any type extension to use our IFPA rewards?

Yes. If you finished in the top 1000 in 2019 OR 2020 you’ll be rewards eligible to redeem during calendar year 2021.

#43 3 years ago

Stern Rewards program update specifically for ICR players:

Any player that has their complete IFPA profile filled out, and has played an ICR match will qualify. This is for Stranger Things Pro and Premium only (while stock lasts).

The more unique ICR opponents played, the bigger the rewards discount!

Email us for details at [email protected].

#44 3 years ago

Just noticed the game list update on the IFPA website has TBD-2021, does that mean that nobody should expect any Stern Rewards games to ship until next year? Or is production just too unpredictable right now to hazard guesses on dates?

#45 3 years ago

Demand from already existing orders has eaten up the remaining supply of the games on the rewards program for the 2020 calendar year.

Anyone who currently has their rewards orders in are included in that remaining 2020 production allocation.

#46 3 years ago

Hypothetical question. If someone qualified last year and haven't used the reward, yet and they also qualify this year, is it possible to purchase 2 games next year, since they likely can't use it the rest of this year, based on that previous comment?

#47 3 years ago

Mine will be going unused....

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hypothetical question. If someone qualified last year and haven't used the reward, yet and they also qualify this year, is it possible to purchase 2 games next year, since they likely can't use it the rest of this year, based on that previous comment?

The program has always allowed the SHIPMENT of games to carry over to the following year. This happens every year with people taking their Christmas bonus and ordering something during the second half of December. We had Jurassic Park Premiums ordered in December 2019 that didn't ship until only a few months ago.

The eligible player would have to get that 2019 rewards game ORDERED before 1/1/21. They can then separately exercise their 2020 reward during calendar year 2021, including on January 1st if they want to add to that existing order that's already on the books with Stern.

Stern is allowing those 2019 reward players to automatically qualify again in 2020 for the 'new' reward, but not allowing BOTH years to carry forward into 2021 if that makes sense.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The program has always allowed the SHIPMENT of games to carry over to the following year. This happens every year with people taking their Christmas bonus and ordering something during the second half of December. We had Jurassic Park Premiums ordered in December 2019 that didn't ship until only a few months ago.
    The eligible player would have to get that 2019 rewards game ORDERED before 1/1/21. They can then separately exercise their 2020 reward during calendar year 2021, including on January 1st if they want to add to that existing order that's already on the books with Stern.
    Stern is allowing those 2019 reward players to automatically qualify again in 2020 for the 'new' reward, but not allowing BOTH years to carry forward into 2021 if that makes sense.

That sounds more than fair. Many thanks to you and Stern for doing this...it's an awesome program and greatly appreciated.

#50 3 years ago

The real question is, when is Keith's next game being announced and sold through rewards....

Bought two games through this program so far and Josh has been great through the whole process even with a major PITA like me

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-stern-rewards-get-a-discounted-nib-stern-direct-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.