Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 643 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinballKen
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4478.JPG
    100_4473.JPG
    100_4495.JPG
    Oregon State Champ.jpg
    book.jpg
    100_4499.JPG
    IMG_8533_zpsca2aaf5a.jpg
    Jan-Feb-Mar 2014 076.jpg
    Cnv0267.jpg
    Cnv0268.jpg
    Cnv0266.jpg
    photo (21).JPG
    Project Pinball.jpg
    Atticus FL State Champ.jpg
    Jeff Palmer.jpg
    Atticus.jpg
    There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
    #501 10 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Our policy has always been if a tournament director is playing in the event then they should make sure players are kept in loop with as many details as he organizer knows.
    Since I'm running Illinois and also playing, it's unfair for me to know anything that the other fifteen players don't know.
    Those state reps that are competing should be following that same method.

Is this stated somewhere explicitly, so that I can point my rep to it?

#502 10 years ago

It's not stated explicitly anywhere, but falls under our realm of 'common sense' when trying to limit any sort of perceived conflict of interest or advantage gained by player/directors.

I'll reach out to Tom and Bob myself to make sure all Indiana players know as much about the tournament games being used as they do

#503 10 years ago

The Mayor has to resign. It would be more topical if i said a Rob Ford joke but as i'm based in DC "the b!tch set me up". Mother nature and the in-laws have conspired against me so i will be unable to attend the Ohio SCS this weekend. I've informed the organizer. It looks as though by dropping out a husband and wife team will be playing in Ohio so that's a good thing. Also as the 10th seed all first round match ups change except 8 vs. 9 so a shake up there.

#504 10 years ago

Mr. Mayor, sorry to hear you're not going to make it. Come out and beat us up in the next PinGolf to qualify for next year's SCS!

Here's the adjusted Ohio bracket (assuming Therese can step up - and I expect she will!)
    http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=CARHTNLej3

#505 10 years ago

Talked with Dan at Lost Ark and here is line up for tournament

AC/DC
    Ironman
    Tron
    X-men
    Junkyard
    Theater of Magic
    Jackbot
    Dr. Who
    Creature from Black Lagoon
    Roc bringing Batman Dark Night

Safe travels to all and let's have a great day playing for N.C. IFPA State Championship

#506 10 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

Safe travels to all and let's have a great day playing

Amen to that. So far they are calling for heavy snow here Saturday. One of our competitors is driving quite a way from IL too. Hope everyone arrives safely and has a good time!

#507 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Amen to that. So far they are calling for heavy snow here Saturday. One of our competitors is driving quite a way from IL too. Hope everyone arrives safely and has a good time!

How much snow are they talking in the area? Suppose to be little to nothing up in the great white north.

#508 10 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Mr. Mayor, sorry to hear you're not going to make it. Come out and beat us up in the next PinGolf to qualify for next year's SCS!
    Here's the adjusted Ohio bracket (assuming Therese can step up - and I expect she will!)
    http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=CARHTNLej3

James man I'm kinda bummed you're not coming, but Therese is definitely going to be there and she is excited as all hell. I just let her know.

#509 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mayor:

The Mayor has to resign. It would be more topical if i said a Rob Ford joke but as i'm based in DC "the b!tch set me up". Mother nature and the in-laws have conspired against me so i will be unable to attend the Ohio SCS this weekend. I've informed the organizer. It looks as though by dropping out a husband and wife team will be playing in Ohio so that's a good thing. Also as the 10th seed all first round match ups change except 8 vs. 9 so a shake up there.

that 8/9 seed matchup is going to be one for the ages.

Tommy pinwizard vs. Iron Mike Szilagyi!

#510 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

that 8/9 seed matchup is going to be one for the ages.
    Tommy pinwizard vs. Iron Mike Szilagyi!

Yeah, I was telling sleethering that I was happy that match-up wasn't affected by the Mayor's departure.

#511 10 years ago

Does everyone have to pay two event fees for there location. Not only do I have to drive two hours to Tucson of Tuscum, AZ bec I am an ASU grad and fan but $20 for IFPA fee and another $25 for fee to play as operator shuts down location until 5pm. Have to get there by 10am for warm ups. Oh well it's only pinball.

#512 10 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

Therese is definitely going to be there and she is excited as all hell.

I'm gutted about not being able to make it but knowing who would take my place, even though i don't know Therese, did make the decision a little easier. On the way home from Cleveland i has bus tickets to spend a day in Pittsburg so i could play in the Rowdy Bucks Rampfest Tournament so I'll be missing out on that too

PAPA Circut event of the Fairfax open is a few weeks away and just a few miles away for me so i"ll have to wait till then to get my competative pinball fix in.

Also, I'm a big believer in defending a title so I'm planning to be there to defend the Pingolf crown later this year.

#513 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

How much snow are they talking in the area? Suppose to be little to nothing up in the great white north.

Current forecast is 30% chance for 1" to 3" at the WI championship location, starting in the afternoon.

Right now its still considered a go - I'll follow the weather as we get closer to Saturday.

If anyone has travel concerns they should contact me or Steve.

#514 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Does everyone have to pay two event fees for there location. Not only do I have to drive two hours to Tucson of Tuscum, AZ bec I am an ASU grad and fan but $20 for IFPA fee and another $25 for fee to play as operator shuts down location until 5pm. Have to get there by 10am for warm ups. Oh well it's only pinball.

We are adding an additional $10 to our fee to cover some sandwiches, chips and drinks etc.
    hopefully the weather holds off here in the NE till Sunday.

#515 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Eh, go figure. Now it says maybe an inch. Probably change again by Friday.

#516 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

Right now its still considered a go - I'll follow the weather as we get closer to Saturday.

I'm guessing you would only cancel on a major snowstorm? Our 2 MN people are coming in the night before and getting a hotel. Would be a bummer if it was cancelled.

#517 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

Current forecast is 30% chance for 1" to 3" at the WI championship location, starting in the afternoon.
    If anyone has travel concerns they should contact me or Steve.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update Jon.

#518 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I'm guessing you would only cancel on a major snowstorm? Our 2 MN people are coming in the night before and getting a hotel. Would be a bummer if it was cancelled.

Time to buy some cross country skis.

#519 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

That sucks! We are playing at a location that will be open to the public, plus we will have to coin drop for every game.

#520 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I would assume only the threat of dangerous conditions would call for a cancelation. I would bet that everyone would make it there just fine even it we somehow get 10 inches of the white stuff. I mean, we are all used to living in WI afterall

#521 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would assume only the threat of dangerous conditions would call for a cancelation. I would bet that everyone would make it there just fine even it we somehow get 10 inches of the white stuff. I mean, we are all used to living in WI afterall

If there's going to be a reschedule or cancellation, we'll let everyone know Friday morning.

#522 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would bet that everyone would make it there just fine even it we somehow get 10 inches of the white stuff. I mean, we are all used to living in WI afterall

This would be me.

On my way to pinball.JPGOn my way to pinball.JPG

#523 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

This would be me.

On my way to pinball.JPG 14 KB

After some of our league nights, I often have that vision of you driving home...

#524 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

After some of our league nights, I often have that vision of you driving home...

Pretty close! The one time it was so foggy I did 25 the whole way home. And last time I almost hit a deer! I have DD Saturday so you guys are in so much trouble! SCS here I come!!!

#525 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mayor:

I'm gutted about not being able to make it but knowing who would take my place, even though i don't know Therese, did make the decision a little easier. On the way home from Cleveland i has bus tickets to spend a day in Pittsburg so i could play in the Rowdy Bucks Rampfest Tournament so I'll be missing out on that too
    PAPA Circut event of the Fairfax open is a few weeks away and just a few miles away for me so i"ll have to wait till then to get my competative pinball fix in.
    Also, I'm a big believer in defending a title so I'm planning to be there to defend the Pingolf crown later this year.

If you're not there then we have some issues. I'll have to volunteer Don Johnson to wire you a bus ticket if it helps

#526 10 years ago

Proposed scorecard for NC so players can record and certify each match. Open for comments.

Edit: looks like attachment didn't work. will see if I can link to it.
    [attachment=1436202,]

#527 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

If there's going to be a reschedule or cancellation, we'll let everyone know Friday morning.

So any decision made one way or the other? I have other plans to make if this is not happening.

#528 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So any decision made one way or the other? I have other plans to make if this is not happening.

I didn't let anyone know, so it's on. Current forecast is 60% chance for 1" in the evening hours.

#529 10 years ago

Good luck to everyone in the AZ tournament tomorrow!

#530 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

I didn't let anyone know, so it's on. Current forecast is 60% chance for 1" in the evening hours.

We're here and ready to rock.

#531 10 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

Glad you both had a safe trip down and the weather cooperated. See you tomorrow.

#532 10 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

be sure to check out some of the bars that have some good pinball in MKE

Fink's Bar (1875 N Humboldt Ave. | Milwaukee, WI 53202)
    Theatre of Magic, No Good Gofers, Pinbot, Whirlwind, Rollergames

Blackbird Bar (3007 S Kinnickinnic Ave Milwaukee, WI 53207; just north of Oklahoma on KK)
    Star Trek: TNG, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, and Batman: Dark Knight.

The Uptowner (1032 E Center St Milwaukee, WI 53212)
    Medieval Madness, FunHouse, Guns & Roses

#533 10 years ago

Thanks for that list. We're about to get some Italian roast beef and maybe we'll try one of those spots.

#534 10 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

Thanks for that list. We're about to get some Italian roast beef and maybe we'll try one of those spots.

be sure to drink lots of booze and stay out really late

#535 10 years ago

We were full after going to Fratellis that we went back to the hotel to relax in the pool. Going to be so incredibly well rested...

#536 10 years ago

Good luck to everyone today. Have fun and remember, it is only pinball

#537 10 years ago
    Quoted from EmLover1970:

We were full after going to Fratellis that we went back to the hotel to relax in the pool. Going to be so incredibly well rested...

you need to read up more on proper protocol when sharing a hotel room with a good looking woman... you are doing it wrong if you are well rested.

(winky face denotes I am just joking)

#538 10 years ago

Heading out to New Orleans area soon for the Louisiana SCS Tournament.
    Bringing food, snacks, ice chest w/ drinks, etc., for the potluck and party.
    Looking forward to a fun day of pinball.

Hope all goes reasonably well with all the state championship tournaments today.

Cheers!

#540 10 years ago

North Carolina results
    #1 Drew Cedolia High Point N.C.
    #2 Keith Brown High Point N.C.
    #3 Jeff Hall Greensboro N.C.
    #4 Rodrigo Cordoba Durham N.C.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #541 10 years ago

Rod and Trent are tied at 2 games a piece. Rod is currently in the lead on TAF in game five.

#542 10 years ago

NC pinball group pic before competitionimage-392.jpgimage-392.jpgimage-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

#543 10 years ago

Oklahoma Results:
    #1 - Brett E, Edmond OK
    #2 - Shawn L, Oklahoma City OK
    #3 - Craig A, Stillwater OK
    #4 - Dan A, Edmond OK

#544 10 years ago

OH Results:
    1. Rod Lawrence
    2. Trent Augenstein
    3. Evan Bingham
    4. Brian Shepherd

#545 10 years ago

Congrats, Rod!

#547 10 years ago

2014 TX IFPA Final Results

01. Todd Rafacz
    02. Robert Byers
    03. Jon Drew
    04. Brian Dols
    05. Colin MacAlpine
    05. Marcus Trevino
    05. Eric Fisher
    05. Carey Fishman
    09. Sven Johnson
    09. Garrett Hays
    09. Josh Tidmore
    09. Ken Kemp
    09. Brian Davis
    09. Connor Briggs
    09. Joey Stroman
    09. Brian Morrison

#548 10 years ago

I finished in the 5-8th place bracket in NC

#549 10 years ago

Congrats Rod, it sounded like a great finals!

#550 10 years ago

Jason W confirmed he was afraid to play the Sharpe bros and Josh H in IL. Looks like it paid off for him as he won WI SCS. Chris B took second. A few WI guys took 3rd, Mike S, and 4th, Ken K. Great job guys!

There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-state-champs-club-whos-going/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.