Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OWY_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    pinconf_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

whats the name of the tourney? Isnt it called state championships? So wouldnt it be you have to play in your state?
    What you are trying to say is the same thing if you wanted to compete in the olympics, say i want to compete in a sport that mexico sucks at in the olympics. Can i go to mexico and compete for them since i have a better shot at making the team? (I am the number 1 person there for the sport and 16th in USA and im 1474 miles from mexico city but 2396 from new york.) no because it is a country specific thing. just as the state championships are state specific.
    The IFPA state championships are the closest thing pinball has to the olympics. So would that be fair for someone to do in the olympics.

The Olympics are a massive worldwide event that brings in millions upon millions of dollars and has huge cultural significance. This is pinball.

Let people do what works best for them, it's all for such little prize anyways, we're just playing because we love to play.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Ok, so here you go... first stab at regional based pinball conferences! Tried to group contiguous areas where it seems people tend to congregate and travel within. Obviously not perfect but what the hey for quick first draft. Apologies to neighbors to the north... Cuyahoga, Flint and Kalamazoo, oh my...
    Flame away!

pinconf_(resized).png

Sounds like we'll need a public council to make sure there's no gerrymandering

#127 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Not sure who among "the Cleveland crowd" complained about this. I was personally excited to have an opportunity to play Phoebe's collection and I know some of the others were as well. As part of the NE Ohio group of players, I definitely wouldn't throw a fit about an SCS in Southern Ohio if that's what made the most sense for a given year.
    Curious to know more about why you think the players in Cleveland are so stubborn, but I don't want to clutter this headache of a thread with another tangent. Send me a PM if you feel like discussing.

I wasn't in the pinball scene whenever this happened, so I wasn't going to comment, however in my head it certainly didn't make sense to hear that the Cleveland players would be so against that. I can think of maybe a couple who would be annoyed, but most of us wouldn't mind at all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-scs-eligibility-should-be-changed?tu=waddlejrjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.