Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OWY_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    pinconf_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

So here's another question... how fuzzy can we make the state lines?
    Since NE Ohio will throw a fit if they ever have to drive to an SCS south of I70

Quoted from metallik:

The Cleveland crowd complained so much when this was proposed once, it had to be moved...

Yea, an "issue..."

Not sure who among "the Cleveland crowd" complained about this. I was personally excited to have an opportunity to play Phoebe's collection and I know some of the others were as well. As part of the NE Ohio group of players, I definitely wouldn't throw a fit about an SCS in Southern Ohio if that's what made the most sense for a given year.

Curious to know more about why you think the players in Cleveland are so stubborn, but I don't want to clutter this headache of a thread with another tangent. Send me a PM if you feel like discussing.

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will say that if competitive pinball is intended to favor those that are affluent like the examples you provide then you are right on track with the current paradigm. If you want the IFPA to level the playing field for those without the same finacial and life opprotuntities then there are ways to improve.

To reach the top of the world rankings and maintain your position requires having some extra money to toss around, I agree with you there. However, it really doesn't cost much at all to organize and play regular events at a local location to build up SCS points throughout the year. We run a free weekly between league seasons and it's not a ton of points each week, but they definitely add up!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/custom_view.php?id=151

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Keeping it here because it's related to my request for hosting a KY tournament...
    Simply put, I was asked to host the OH SCS on its first year and accepted. Began working on games and planning. Couple weeks later I was told that the majority of qualifiers from Cleveland flat out refused to drive to Cincy and would simply not show up if it were held here. Enough stink was raised that the finals were eventually yanked from Cincy and moved to the Cleveland area. If you wanted to come here, you were definitely in the minority.

That sucks that you put in work and then found about the location change. I'd be annoyed as well in your position.

If you're referring to the 2014 OH SCS, there were 10 NE Ohio players and I can say that myself and at least 3 or 4 others had no issue with the trip. I can only think of two people from the list who could have been vocally against the travel, but I'm not getting into personal names on a public forum. I think whatever opposition from the Cleveland crowd you were informed of must have been the minority speaking louder than the rest of us who were down for whatever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-scs-eligibility-should-be-changed?tu=sleethering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.