Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OWY_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    pinconf_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The Director's Guide on the PAPA site that we link to is a great resource. As for a step-by-step layout, it's hard to put up something that works for all situations, but I'm more than happy to work specifically with you on developing a format I think would work.
    So many variables are up in the air when narrowing down a format that can work for you and your player base:
    - Public location or private location?
    - If public, how is your relationship with the operator/location owner?
    - How many machines are physically available?
    - How long would you like the tournament to last?
    - What kind of commitment level of participation do you want from players?
    - Do you have access to the keys to be able to get into the machines for these events?
    - How many players do you expect to have show up?
    - How often do you want to run events? (One time thing, monthly, weekly, etc)
    Those questions are right off the top of my head, and depending on those answers, my recommendations for what to do vary GREATLY.
    The biggest advice even after you get started is to work with your player base to see what THEY want. I know over the years I've morphed formats from something into something else based on the feedback I've gotten from the players participating, and it's worked quite well.
    PM me and we can definitely work through these variables for your situation and get you set up with a format that I think would be successful.

Talking about that I went to the new emporium Lincolnshire and they asked me about maybe running / having monthly's there.

I can talk to you more about that next week at 257.

2 weeks later
    #286 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I don't know why it's so hard to understand that if you restrict tournament participation in any way, it's not an IFPA tournament anymore.

but bars that are 21 and up only are ok for IFPA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-scs-eligibility-should-be-changed?tu=joe_blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.