Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OWY_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    pinconf_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I swear Hilton and I did not text eachother before he posted this message

Get a room.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

How about a person is locked to their particular state unless another state's tourney happens to be closer?

Closer how, by straight mileage or possible freeway routes? What if a road is down due to construction?

Quoted from Jdawg4422:

The IFPA state championships are the closest thing pinball has to the olympics. So would that be fair for someone to do in the olympics.

Happens all the time. Watch any major sport that is in the Olympics.

EDIT: What if I'm a part time resident in Michigan and go to a college here? Technically I have a mailing address but I don't vote here, can the IFPA please take a look at my voting status or Drivers liecense to verify? Where the shit does it end?!?

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It should go by your driver's license.

Easy to say when you live in A2 or Detroit....not so easy when you live in the U.P. and those Wisconson push overs are just a stone's throw away!

#46 8 years ago

But Cincinnati is clearly the better town...I mean I actually wanted to go there.

#50 8 years ago

Carbs are OK when I'm on vacation! Damn I do love me some Skyline too.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you are formally DQ'd from all WI events. We dont allow silly gloves for pinball

I guess no more trips to Wisconson then. I went to Madison once.

Once.

EDIT: Oh forgot aboot Milawakee...I'd go there fo sho; Great town.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

No. They should have everything to do with who played in the events. Maybe it should be called "Championship of pinball tournaments held in Arizona"?

This is what i was thinking, not changing the name obviously but to help people understand it.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

doesn't that mean the top 16? As of right now we have no idea who is and isnt playing?
    So atleast 7 people that dont live in FL got an invite to the FL state championships. Maybe 9 depending on where the other two unknowns live. They should be skipped right over and given the top 16 in FL the chance to play for the FL state championship.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/scs/state_registration.php?s=fl

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

that would technically be a much more appropriate name for what the SCS is.

And much more dumb, and less catchy, and stupid.

And lame.

#140 8 years ago

This is actually a good look at pinball players and how they shake out in real life.

99.8% don't really care, and the other .2% just pissing and moaning endlessly aboot the same shit over and over.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

My dad and I got sick of driving 3 hours to play in events all the time. So we started running events on our side of the state.

And my ranking has been dropping ever since

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Go to more events, easy answer. You went to maybe 5 in 2015?

No shit genius I wish I had all the time to dance around to GR & Freemont every week but I got shit to do. You know, drinking and watching TV?!?! Like...what I went to college for!

EDIT: Oh and I was 4th before the big Freemont event that just blew loads all over my face.

Quoted from AaronJames:

He doesn't need to, he just shows up at a few events, wins them, and he's set for the whole year! (The power of the skeleton gloves and Mountain Dew I presume)

Man just thik how much better I could do if I went to events...or practiced.

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

If you don't make any events out that way this year you won't be playing in the next SCS for sure.

Screw the Mitten...Half of Ohio is closer to me than Freemont & GR...I'M DEFECTING!!!!

OWY_(resized).jpgOWY_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-scs-eligibility-should-be-changed?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.