Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“IFPA rankings”

• On the IFPA and love being involved 21 votes
      47%
    • Not on the IFPA rankings but would like to be 10 votes
      22%
    • Do not care about the IFPA 15 votes
      33%

(Multiple choice - 45 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

Just wondering how many people are listed on the IFPA????

#2 12 years ago

I'm trying to get the Iowa Pinball Club on board with an IFPA sanctioned league & tournaments. But we are such a new club, it's taking some time to get things up and running!

-Aaron

#3 12 years ago

Technically there are over 9000 people with WPPR points. Most of those have less than 1 however. But it does mean they have played in a tourney at some point.

http://www.pinballrankings.com/

Trent

#4 12 years ago

They misspelled my last name on the list.
    BTW, 6757th isn't bad, right?

#5 12 years ago

im on there. only been in 1 tournament so far. i will be at pin a go go again this year.

#6 12 years ago

I am not I can never make it to a tourney.

Either working or have family obligations.

Sad Panda

#7 12 years ago

I am the highest ranking player in Anchorage. lol

#8 12 years ago

On it, got to about 100, don't bother anymore. It's impossible to go to enough meets in the UK to keep from dropping back down through no fault of your own.
    Tourny play has lost it's appeal, watch the pinball archive amazing spiderman vid to see why. I prefer to play pinball to enjoy the game not rack up a gazillion points by rilling the ball through the inlanes...

#9 12 years ago

1933rd here

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I am the highest ranking player in Anchorage. lol

Out of 2?!...not bad considering the other guy is 10 and spends most his time on XBOX.

#11 12 years ago

Anyone of you guys heading to the NW Champs??

#12 12 years ago

Still in the top 600, but haven't competed in a while so I'm drifting down. Maybe a solid showing at Pinburgh will reverse the trend!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from trent:

Technically there are over 9000 people with WPPR points. Most of those have less than 1 however. But it does mean they have played in a tourney at some point.
    http://www.pinballrankings.com/
    Trent

I'm 1245th...

I think it is fun to compete! (Unless the games are set to tilt when the ball drops off the ramp into the inlane during coffin MB...then it gets a little iffy!!)

Phoebe

#14 12 years ago

214th and dropping. Anyone going to the Vegas tournament on Saturday?

#15 12 years ago

It's fun and a bit of a motivator. As long as you remember tournaments are all about competing and having fun things go well. I've seen some people get addicted to the points aspect and it seems to ruin the fun for them.

#16 12 years ago

I'm around 700 I think.

I am probably the only player that has put on more tournaments than he's played in.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

214th and dropping. Anyone going to the Vegas tournament on Saturday?

Can't make that one. I'm going to pinburgh and there's a decent chance I'll make the so-cal tourney on May 4 or whatever it is. Some bay area players might carpool down there.

#18 12 years ago

Welp 1782nd here...I'm so proud

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Out of 2?!...not bad considering the other guy is 10 and spends most his time on XBOX.

Not even sure there is another one.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

pinb0t said:214th and dropping. Anyone going to the Vegas tournament on Saturday?
    Can't make that one. I'm going to pinburgh and there's a decent chance I'll make the so-cal tourney on May 4 or whatever it is. Some bay area players might carpool down there.

Cool! Let's tailgate at Pinburgh!

#21 12 years ago

I'm not a fan of the IFPA and how they operate. I like the way PAPA ranks a player better.

#22 12 years ago

But PAPA is only one event???

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Cool! Let's tailgate at Pinburgh!

I can't wait. We're up to six bay area players guaranteed, and two more are shopping for hotels. You can meet the whole crew.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

But PAPA is only one event???

I think he is referring to their PARS rating system.

http://papa.org/pars/

#25 12 years ago

Yes I am referring to the PARS system.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Anyone of you guys heading to the NW Champs??

I'll be there. Pinburgh and Dallas as well.

#27 12 years ago

Trent as in Trent Augenstein?

#28 12 years ago

Im near the bottom. 1 tourney only. They got my name wrong. Sparks instead of Stark.

#29 12 years ago

I want to do more events, Get my score up but Im in no hurry.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Trent as in Trent Augenstein?

No it is Trent Smith.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-rankings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.