9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

We had a great first weekend! It was a wonderful success.

34 IFPA/ Project Pinball Campaign July Tournaments Left! A lot of Charity Pinball Tournaments left, so found one that is nearest you and come out and join us for our cause.

IFPA/ Project Pinball Campaign Tournaments July Schedule

1. Jul 12th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Pittsburgh/ North Versailles, PA
    2. Jul 12th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - College Park, MD
    3. Jul 12th Stern Launch Party Tournament - South Roxana, IL
    4. Jul 12th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - New York/ Middletown, NY
    5. Jul 13th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - New York/ Brooklyn, NY
    6. Jul 13th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Beaumont, TX
    7. Jul 13th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - St. Petersburg, FL
    8. Jul 13th IFPA Pinball Project Fundraiser - Columbus, OH
    9. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser- Philadelphia/ Royersford, PA
    10. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser- Sacramento/ Folsom, CA
    11. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Ft Myers/ Bonita Springs, FL
    12. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Pittsburgh, PA
    13. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Oklahoma City, OK
    14. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Austin, TX
    15. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Farmington, UT
    16. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Houston Spring, TX
    17. Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Toronto, ON
    18. Jul 20th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Denver, CO
    19. Jul 20th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - San Francisco, CA
    20. Jul 20th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Chicago, IL
    21. Jul 20th IFPA Pinball Project Fundraiser – Seattle/ Edmonds, WA
    22. Jul 20th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Vancouver, BC
    23. Jul 22 IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Montreal, QC
    24. Jul 25th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - South Burlington, VT
    25. Jul 25th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Boston, MA
    26. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Lafayette, IN
    27. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser- Orlando/ Cocoa, FL
    28. Jul 26th - 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Washington, DC
    29. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - New Orleans/ Metairie, LA
    30. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Flint, MI
    31. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Orange County/ Riverside, CA
    32. Jul 26th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Birmingham, AL
    33. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - St. Louis, MO
    34. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Asbury Park, NJ
    35. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Cleveland, OH
    36. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Charlotte, NC
    37. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser- Connecticut/ Meriden, CT
    38. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser- Dallas/ Garland, TX
    39. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Morgantown/ Fairmont, WV
    40. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Springfield, MO
    41. Jul 27th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Phoenix, AZ
    42. Jul 28th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Pittsburgh, PA

For more information on this tournament above and other tournaments for this month of July, click here: http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/full.php or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/650686285008059/?ref=br_tf

These are charity pinball tournaments. All proceeds go to the Project Pinball Charity Group to help place pinball machines into the Children’s Hospitals. You do not have to be in attendance to donate. You can still help by giving to the Project Pinball Charity through our donation site: http://www.projectpinball.org/ez-shop/

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at ProjectPinball.org

Thank you to all the people that make this possible. Your support makes good things happen!

Best wishes,

Daniel Spolar

#2 9 years ago

I think you are missing the one I am going to dominate in Atlanta

Jul 19th IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser - Atlanta Lithia Springs, GA, United States

Make sure to stop by if you're in the area!

3 weeks later
    #3 9 years ago

Nice article on the IFPA site: "IFPA Project Pinball Fundraiser Tournaments eclipse $20,000 in donations"

http://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa-project-pinball-fundraiser-tournaments-eclipse-20000-in-donations

#4 9 years ago

Will be interesting to see if they keep doing these every month after the points rules change. I can't find 50 bucks (or 100 if I want my wife to play too...jesus.) a month as-is (Yeah, I just bought a tron....why don't you ask me how that's getting paid for..) to spend on a tournament, or two or three times that as I know some of our state guys have been traveling to multiples. I wonder if they're going to be anywhere near the draw when they're only worth 1/4th the points in most cases.

Totally can understand why the changes to the point system are occuring after seeing the results of our local PP charity tournament though...it's crazy. Guy won 1st in the main and side tournaments, right? 11 players TOTAL.....3 of them completely unranked previously, and NOBODY in the top 100... here's the points for that..

Main Tournament - Finished 1st - (27.69)
    Side Tournament - Finished 1st - (13.84)

41.53 points. 11 entrants.

This player didn't participate in the Texas Pinball Festival tournaments this year, so we'll use my results as a comparison... I feel like I did pretty bloody good overall for someone that's only been in it for 3 years..

Main Tournament - Finished 10th - (19.34) - 183 entrants
    EM Division - Finished 2nd - (4.13) - 94 entrants
    Classics - Finished 13th - (1.18) - 78 entrants
    Shootout Division - Finished 16th - (1.63) - 138 entrants
    Texas Tilt - Finished 19th - (1.02) - 101 entrants

27.3 points? I get less for everything I did at TPF than one guy gets for winning a charity tournament. Yeah, that's jacked. When all this evens out, will IPFA ultimately have to do something to make the charity tournaments more lucrative to ensure good turnout (i.e. guaranteed base points), or are the directors going to have to make a bigger effort to run longer/bigger/harder tournaments to draw people out and get them to shell out the cash?

#5 9 years ago

I'll continue to organize and play in tournaments with charitable causes because it's fun and it helps people. It's cool to pick up some WPPRs in the process, but it's not what's driving me to participate.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

When all this evens out, will IPFA ultimately have to do something to make the charity tournaments more lucrative to ensure good turnout (i.e. guaranteed base points), or are the directors going to have to make a bigger effort to run longer/bigger/harder tournaments to draw people out and get them to shell out the cash?

It will be up to the tournament directors to create a format that grades out well and encourages people to attend in order to create a more valuable event.

We currently don't have any plans to guarantee points for the charity campaigns. We have talked about doing a multiplier of points for these national campaigns, but we won't do it for year 1 under the new system.

I would prefer to wait and see how things organically work out under the new system, and see if organizers/players helped us raise over $50,000 this year (OMG!) for various charities because they wanted to support the various causes we have teamed up with . . . or for the WPPR's.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I would prefer to wait and see how things organically work out under the new system, and see if organizers/players helped us raise over $50,000 this year (OMG!) for various charities because they wanted to support the various causes we have teamed up with . . . or for the WPPR's.

Yep, that was my point, and what I'm wondering as well. We have one guy that runs a charity tournament ever year here locally to support a charity he works with... I don't think it's tended to raise a TON of money individually, but at least it was something. I'm all about the WPPRs when it comes to this, as we've discussed before so I definitely consider the cost/benefit ratio before attending an event most of the time. It's more cost effective for me to donate to charity through my job, they do matching on employee donations. Hopefully others are a bit more altruistic than I am..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-project-pinball-charity-tournaments-remaining-july-schedule and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.