Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B63EE427-F2CE-4FFF-8C48-2F09BBB40020 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Anybody else receive this email? What do you think? Is it a good deal for someone looking for a NIB machine?

B63EE427-F2CE-4FFF-8C48-2F09BBB40020 (resized).jpegB63EE427-F2CE-4FFF-8C48-2F09BBB40020 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Not really. Even after the $500 discount, other distros charge less.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you know if this company’s prices are pretty much set in stone? I hear other companies have a listed price, but may negotiate a bit. Thanks for the reply!

#4 4 years ago

Only a good deal if you like paying the highest price for a machine.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from thecashier76:

Do you know if this company’s prices are pretty much set in stone? I hear other companies have a listed price, but may negotiate a bit. Thanks for the reply!

There’s a minimum price they are allowed to advertise, but most will haggle. I don’t think anyone is allowed to go below a certain price though. Not sure. Best to call around to lots of distributors and find the best for you. Start with the ones closest to you.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Deez:

Only a good deal if you like paying the highest price for a machine.

So if you pay $600 more for a machine, you get $500 back for playing in tournaments?

What a deal!

#7 4 years ago

Yeah avoid PinballCompany if you care at all about price. They also have a pretty weird history on Pinside...

#8 4 years ago

That email pisses me off because I never subscribed to the mailing list. They could be less than any other vendor and I would not buy just for that reason.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

That email pisses me off because I never subscribed to the mailing list. They could be less than any other vendor and I would not buy just for that reason.

Does the IFPA have your email?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the IFPA have your email?

No sir. They must have got it from a vendor or something.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

No sir. They must have got it from a vendor or something.

Yeah if your distro has it I wouldn’t trust they kept that private.

#12 4 years ago

I have a separate email for all things pinball related and it came to my main personal email somehow.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I have a separate email for all things pinball related and it came to my main personal email somehow.

Dang. That’s a deep leak.

#14 4 years ago

Good info. I was thinking about a DP Prem. I normally buy through rewards but already used that for a JP. What's the going rate for a Prem these days now? I thought with the 500 it was a decent deal.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Good info. I was thinking about a DP Prem. I normally buy through rewards but already used that for a JP. What's the going rate for a Prem these days now? I thought with the 500 it was a decent deal.

I think 6800 give or take.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks. If I ever get my AV sold I'll start calling around and trash that add.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah avoid pinballcompany if you care at all about price.

Any idea who has the best price on a Rick and Morty spot right now?

#18 4 years ago

Similarly, where's the best place to get a Monster Bash Remake (Special)? And what's an actual good price.

The Pinball Company is advertising "Guaranteed Best Price" (or course I can't find any details on what that really means!).

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Similarly, where's the best place to get a Monster Bash Remake (Special)? And what's an actual good price.
    The Pinball Company is advertising "Guaranteed Best Price" (or course I can't find any details on what that really means!).

Same meaning as donut shops that state "we serve the world's finest coffee". Undefinable so not Actionable.

#20 4 years ago

Better than a pinshades email form them!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-paid-to-play-email and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.