(Topic ID: 20107)

IFPA needs your help . . . X-Men Launch Party!

By ifpapinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys,

We're looking to round up some volunteers to help us with hosting the Stern X-Men Launch Party tournament.

The date Stern is targeting is Friday, August 24th.

If you are interested in helping serve as an IFPA representative for a launch party in your city, please send me an email (ifpapinball at gmail dot com) including the city you live in. We'll then get that information to Stern to try and find a distributor/operator/location owner in your area to match you up with to get the party set up.

IFPA represenative duties would include game setup at the site, along with running the tournament portion of the party.

Thanks,
    Josh Sharpe

#2 11 years ago

Wonder if there will be anything in Dallas/Ft. Worth. The guy that usually runs the launch parties here hasn't said anything.... he ran the IFPA ranked stuff for Tron/ACDC...

*edit* And thanks for coordinating this stuff...we appreciate it.

#3 11 years ago

Is this the Xmen Pro launch party? Seems a little late if the LEs are shipping this week.

#4 11 years ago

That might be a good thing. There were cannon issues at the AC/DC party that would've been fixed if the machine had been played more than 5 times beforehand.

#5 11 years ago

I hope there's one in San Diego....

#6 11 years ago

I would be interested but getting sholder surgery within the week

#7 11 years ago

Anyone in MN running one? @LTG? CrazyJoe? Anyone?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone in MN running one? @LTG? CrazyJoe? Anyone?

I doubt it. No locations are getting an X-men that I know of, only LEs in private residences. Only chance we have is D&G who usually put the newest Stern on route at Mortimers. They usually don't have it right away though, so it will probably be awhile. Only launch parties we have had in MN were for Avatar and Tron and that is because Blainbrook Bowl bought those. Seems they have abandoned the new Stern route for less costly pins though now.

#9 11 years ago

I will have the pro right away and might throw something together. I emailed josh, but i to will have had shoulder surgery by then.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone in MN running one? @LTG? CrazyJoe? Anyone? []

Not buying new Stern pins, so it would be impossible to have a launch party at my business. Sorry.

LTG

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I doubt it. No locations are getting an X-men that I know of, only LEs in private residences. Only chance we have is D&G who usually put the newest Stern on route at Mortimers. They usually don't have it right away though, so it will probably be awhile. Only launch parties we have had in MN were for Avatar and Tron and that is because Blainbrook Bowl bought those. Seems they have abandoned the new Stern route for less costly pins though now.

I contacted Donnie at BlainBrook about it just now. He said it would be in violation of his current contract with his OP if i where to bring in my game. I got a hold of LTG on FB i will see what he says. I have no issue loaning my machine out but have no idea where i could host it.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I contacted Donnie at BlainBrook about it just now. He said it would be in violation of his current contract with his OP if i where to bring in my game. I got a hold of LTG on FB i will see what he says. I have no issue loaning my machine out but have no idea where i could host it.

I messaged Ben back on FB. Don't know if it will work out here. I was thinking a little fun, maybe some ribs, and something for high score on X-Men. Similar to new game parties I had in the past.

We'll see.

LTG

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I messaged Ben back on FB. Don't know if it will work out here. I was thinking a little fun, maybe some ribs, and something for high score on X-Men. Similar to new game parties I had in the past.
    We'll see.
    LTG

I'd be in for that as I am sure a whole bunch of others would. Hopefully you can work it out.

#14 11 years ago

Ben will be working out the details. We'll let people know date and times once Ben knows when his game is coming.

To promote and support pinball/Stern and John Borg. We are thinking ( not set in stone yet ) have Ben's X-Men here, on free play, a tournament or high score prize or something. And a couple trays of Famous Dave's ribs.

We need to treat Ben's game nice, and get it wrapped up and earlier than my normal closing so Ben can get back home at a decent time. Ben's a couple hours away from here.

We'll let everybody know the details as soon as possible.

LTG

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

We're looking to round up some volunteers to help us with hosting the Stern X-Men Launch Party tournament.

Awesome, do you think Stern is also interested in a Dutch launch party?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ben will be working out the details. We'll let people know date and times once Ben knows when his game is coming.

To promote and support pinball/Stern and John Borg. We are thinking ( not set in stone yet ) have Ben's X-Men here, on free play, a tournament or high score prize or something. And a couple trays of Famous Dave's ribs.

We need to treat Ben's game nice, and get it wrapped up and earlier than my normal closing so Ben can get back home at a decent time. Ben's a couple hours away from here.

We'll let everybody know the details as soon as possible.

LTG []

Wicked. LTG you rock! I'll look forward to hearing about this. Thanks Les and AkumaZeto for the info!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Wicked. LTG you rock! I'll look forward to hearing about this. Thanks Les and AkumaZeto for the info!

We pretty much owe it all to Ben.

He knows that otherwise a lot of people may never get a chance to play X-Men. Ben's providing that chance.

LTG

#18 11 years ago

I'm sure that the Pittsburgh Pinball League will host another launch party. The previous one for ACDC had a nice turnout.

2 weeks later
    #19 11 years ago

D&G Amusement and Mortimer's will be hosting an X-Men launch party on August 24th. A Pro machine will be there for the launch, and there is a chance that it could arrive on location before the 24th. I will update this thread as news becomes available.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Mortimer's
    2001 Lyndale Ave S.
    Minneapolis

#20 11 years ago

Well that ends that.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Well that ends that.

lol Sorry Ben.

#22 11 years ago

Didn't mean to step on any toes. D&G doesn't mean to put an end to anything...just trying to promote the release of a cool new game. More pinball for all.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from DG_Amuse:

D&G Amusement and Mortimer's will be hosting an X-Men launch party on August 24th. A Pro machine will be there for the launch, and there is a chance that it could arrive on location before the 24th. I will update this thread as news becomes available.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Mortimer's
    2001 Lyndale Ave S.
    Minneapolis

Fred sent out an email that there might be two X-Men there, possibly three if Jason Rufer brings his LE in for the event.

I'm sure there will be more news to follow.
    LTG

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Awesome, do you think Stern is also interested in a Dutch launch party?

Is that the type where they forget to pack and include the machine, they just fart in the big box and seal it up.. Then it arrives 2 weeks late??

Nevermind... I must be thinking of something else.

-jon

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Didn't mean to step on any toes. D&G doesn't mean to put an end to anything...just trying to promote the release of a cool new game. More pinball for all.

No problem. Ben and I are planning a launch party that isn't official. Tried to work with the powers that be but they weren't interested.

So far Ben hasn't changed plans, nor have I. We'll have our own launch party to promote a cool new game.

Game on free play, trophy for high score, free Famous Dave's ribs. It will be a blast.

Since you are trying to promote pinball and a new game, will yours will be on free play that night ?
    LTG

#26 11 years ago

sorry robin! couldn't help myself..

had a triple entendra, had to play it!

Word.

-jon

#27 11 years ago

Not much sense at all doing it if there will be a pro on location in the cities.

Pretty much steals the thunder and puts the last bitter sweet nail in the coffin.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Not much sense at all doing it if there will be a pro on location in the cities.

Pretty much steals the thunder and puts the last bitter sweet nail in the coffin.

If you don't want to do it Ben, please let me know so I'm not advertising it.

LTG

#29 11 years ago

Since no one else said it...

Welcome to pinside Sharpe!

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Well that ends that.

Sorry folks. The unofficial launch party at SS Billiards is canceled.

Ben wanted to be sure everyone had a chance to play X-Men, and with an official launch party and one going to be at Mortimer's, no sense going forward with the one here.

LTG

#31 11 years ago

That's okay, looks like there will actually be NOWHERE to play X-Men in Dallas unless someone brings one to TPF next year. Neither Nickelrama nor Cinemark are getting X-Men pro's for the forseeable future. I'm not aware of any other pinball locations on my side of the metroplex. What a f'in buzzkill.

I'd try to grovel to play someone's LE, but frankly, since I won't ever GET an LE, I have very little interest in playing it. It's really hard to judge the Pro based off the LE since so much is different. It's not like Tron where it was 95% cosmetic...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-needs-your-help-x-men-launch-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.