(Topic ID: 121324)

ifpa league verification

By stainedundies

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

about how long does it take for the ifpa to verify new leagues and post them to their tournament calender? i figured a bunch of you guys have done this before so just askin. i sat the league start date for a little over a month from now, but didnt wanna jump the gun by advertising a league that may fall through! hopefully all is well with the cosmos and thank you guys in advance for any input!

#2 9 years ago

With tournaments it's usually only a day or two. Not sure on leagues. But all of the IFPA guys are currently at PAPA so it might take a little longer. But I'd say 99.99999999% of the time the league will get approved. So I think you'd be safe to start advertising if you're sure you entered it correctly on the IFPA website.

#3 9 years ago

Ray,
    it takes them a few days to go thru their email especially when they all are playing at a world championship happening right now.
    what day of the week is your league going to be?
    I try not to schedule my league and tournaments the same night as the other leagues in town
    and I certainly don't want to force players to choose between our leagues especially when IFPA points are involved because that just dilutes the number of IFPA points that will be available if players are split into two groups on the same night.
    You see if I have 6 in my league and you have 6 in your league, the most IFPA points that would be available would be 3.
    But, if all 12 were in one league, then the maximum IFPA points would be 6!
    Perhaps if your league was on a different night, I might be able to attend to!
    I look forward to your reply!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from bitCurrier:

Ray,
    it takes them a few days to go thru their email especially when they all are playing at a world championship happening right now.
    what day of the week is your league going to be?
    I try not to schedule my league and tournaments the same night as the other leagues in town
    and I certainly don't want to force players to choose between our leagues especially when IFPA points are involved because that just dilutes the number of IFPA points that will be available if players are split into two groups on the same night.
    You see if I have 6 in my league and you have 6 in your league, the most IFPA points that would be available would be 3.
    But, if all 12 were in one league, then the maximum IFPA points would be 6!
    Perhaps if your league was on a different night, I might be able to attend to!
    I look forward to your reply!

its on tuesdays, gonna mark this thread as resolved and make a thread for the league, as well as pm you my phone number.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-league-verification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.