Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

What do these terms mean?:

Ranking
    Rating
    Eff. Percent

Sorry if this has been covered before - nothing came up in my 10 minutes of searching Pinside and the IFPA website. I did notice that after attending PAPA, all three numbers are now available for me. I assume that's because I have now competed in a world-class event (albeit not very well)?

#2 10 years ago

Eff percent=number of times you effed up. lol

#3 10 years ago

Ranking is your global ranking based on points you've earned for all active events. Points are depreciated over a few years (Think it drops off completely after 3?) and only counts your top 15 results. Any results that are lower points regardless of if they are newer or not don't count towards your active rating if you have more than 15.

Right now, I've got 12 ratings (well..will have once the last tourney gets uploaded and updated... our local stuff seems to not show up for months on end sometimes while stuff like Pinburg shows up a week after the event...wtf..), so I basically don't have to do anything but show up and play for the next three tournaments to all go towards my active ranking. After that, I will have to start finishing high enough to earn points better than my lowest score to actually advance.

Other two I'm lost on.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What do these terms mean?:

Ranking
    Rating
    Eff. Percent

Detailed information of the WPPR Ranking and IFPA Rating can be found here:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/ranking-info

WPPR Ranking is the IFPA's official world ranking metric based on WPPR points earned at various IFPA endorsed events. Your best 15 events count towards your rank, and we use a rolling 3 year period in which WPPR points accumulated still have value.

IFPA Rating is based on the Glicko alrogithm, and similar to a chess rating. Every player that you defeat in a tournament you play in counts as a victory, every player you finish below dings you for a loss against that player. Through this process your IFPA Rating attempts to move up/down to a more accurate measurement. The IFPA Rating is one of the metrics we use in the calculation of WPPR points available at a tournament, but has no meaning in terms of who the IFPA considers the top ranked pinball players in the world.

Efficiency Percentage is a simple calculation of the WPPR points you've earned divided by the WPPR points available at all the IFPA endorsed tournaments you've played in. If you win a tournament that's worth 38.79 WPPR points, that 100% efficiency. If you earn 3.88 WPPR points, it's a 10% efficiency percentage.

Hope that helps!

Josh

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

(well..will have once the last tourney gets uploaded and updated... our local stuff seems to not show up for months on end sometimes while stuff like Pinburg shows up a week after the event...wtf..)

Contact your tournament director if your results are not showing up in the WPPR system. We're typically pretty good at getting submitted results into our database within a few days. (Of course I have a huge backlog from PAPA weekend, so we're actually NOT doing a good job at the moment - hoping to get caught up this week)

Josh

#6 10 years ago

Oh, I know. We sent you guys an email about getting a league qualified and I told my wife to chill because you guys are busy and it's been a few days lol.

It's on our local side, not yours. They're getting submitted slowly. IMO. I know people are busy with non-pinball stuff...I'm biased.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks Josh!

4 years later
    #8 5 years ago

My eff pct says 19th, does that mean 19th overall in the world on IFPA?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

My eff pct says 19th, does that mean 19th overall in the world on IFPA?

In efficiency percentage yes.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

In efficiency percentage yes.

Ok thank you. I haven't play enough to get crazy ranked...I think I am 2800+ or so in regular ranks.

4 months later
    #11 5 years ago

missed sry...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-definitions-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.