IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#592 7 years ago

It's kinda poetic that the man who saved pinball would go on to father the man who killed pinball. Some real Kylo Ren shit.

2 weeks later
#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IFPA doesnt seem to care it is asking many TDs to break local or state laws...
[...]
this is the biggest reason I just cant take on the additional risk to support the IFPA starting in 2018.

Unless Josh foots the bill for you?

Quoted from Whysnow:

If josh took care of mad rollin, then i would likely continue w ifpa in 2018 for it. Aside from that, this will be the last year.

Sounds to me like you care more about the dollar than the law.

5 months later
#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

It will cost me $50-$60 per year.

I'm glad that the money is not an issue for most people here. The fact is, it will affect how much I (and others) play competitively which sucks IMO.

$60 per year will impact how much you do one of your favorite things? How can you afford internet access to post this? Shouldn't you be out right now working a second job to make ends meet? Apply at Taco Bell, work ONE DAY, quit. Bam! 60 nights of competitive pinball paid for.

Sorry man, I'm not buying what you're selling. It's impossible to care about something so much that you post endlessly about it, yet not care enough to pay $1 a week to do it.

#1346 6 years ago

Considering sending that guy a buck a week to never post again. Or maybe we could all take turns? Seems like a steal.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Considering sending that guy a buck a week to never post again.

Just forfeited this week's dollar.

#1362 6 years ago

He didn't say you should try it behind the cheddar curtain. He said that's what his group will do.

#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Like say group A has 6 events that reports 6 times paying each time and group B has 6 events that reports 1 time and only pays 1 time. Both have the same number of players and both events have about the same over all total ranking points to an tournament of champions. How does fit in as they did not pool money equally?

Don't report six times.

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know a few route only players that get screwed by this and have rightfully taken offense to it.

Get out there, make friends, join/start a league. When I helped co-found CPM almost 15 years ago, I owned zero working pinball machines. No pinside, no facebook. Made friends via expo & route play, tricked those suckers into hosting league so I could play their collections.

This was the early 2000's, when location pinball was all but dead. And WPPRs were only available at Burger King. Route players today don't know how good they have it.

#1439 6 years ago

^ Yup, that.

2 months later
#1501 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also, my first post in this thread didn't age well.

You were right that (almost) nobody here cares. It's just that the 1% who do are really, really, really vocal about it.

1 month later
#1506 6 years ago
Quoted from Stosel:

I did find out after the tournament started that we have lost a few regulars due to the fee, which is unfortunate.

One can only imagine how much fun they had for a dollar somewhere else that night.

#1514 6 years ago

The deed is done, Hilton. You may as well sit back and watch it all burn for now. Come back to the table in late 2018 when the IFPA is desperate for ideas to resurrect the charred remains of competitive pinball.

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it's a new year and haters gonna hate has to die

I, for one, am a big supporter of all things T-Swizzle.

#1528 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know a ton aboot her, but everything I have seen I hate.

Your canada is showing! I don't know much about her, as a person. Just enjoy the music.

#1529 6 years ago

On a serious note, I plan on playing more IFPA (specifically Illinois) events this year, because instead of paying for the pleasure of getting destroyed at SCS, I'm guaranteed money if I qualify. Sounds pretty sweet.

Yeah, I know, I'm paying it in $1 increments throughout the year instead, but it feels better the new way.

#1546 6 years ago

taytay.giftaytay.gif

3 weeks later
#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The Oregon State “Chumps” tournament yields more wpprs every year than the Oregon State Champs tournament

They’ve been doing it for three or four years now, same date and time as the SCS playoffs.

Great idea, I love it. Might have to copy that if I don't qualify for Illinois this year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.