IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So are you like...mayor of Wisconsin or something?

For a state I think you mean Governor of Wisconsin. Mayor would be for the town or city of Madison WI.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for the civics lesson but I'm sticking with mayor.
I can picture him with a sash. And the populist message seems more becoming of a mayor than a governor.
All this douchiness over a buck. I think he should accept the suggestion made previously and just dispense with the ifpa sanctioning for the bullshit tournaments nobody cares about anyway. Isn't that part of the point?

When I think of a Governor I think of William J. Lepetomine

Gov1 (resized).pngGov1 (resized).png

Gov2 (resized).jpgGov2 (resized).jpg

#305 7 years ago

The legal implications around here are all no big deal unless you cross the winning boundary where withholdings should be done. But you just never know. Every once and a while in other states there are news stories about a town shutting down a little kid's lemonade stand.

Throwing out one more opinion. I think it is no big deal to me. But I do not see how this is better for pinball.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

There's a stage 2 that involves this kind of system, based on how the implementation goes in 2018.

Can you enlighten us? It might help people make better decisions if they have all of the information.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We don't plan on screwing it up. We plan on making it better.
There's a path here where I see 3000 "AMATEUR" events per year, along with 500 "PRO" events per year feeding those systems concurrently.
Having an SCS at the "PRO" level for all the cash and glory, but also having an "AMATEUR" State Championship for recognition but without the issues of the cash at play. Inviting some players out to an "AMATEUR" National Championship isn't against the realm of possibility as well if we're already out there and setup for the "PRO" event to also take place.
The 'have your cake and eat it too' is my mission on this. Those that strictly want to play for fun can earn AMATEUR WPPR's and avoid all the fee nonsense. Those that want to take it more seriously can participate in "PRO" events at their choosing for PRO WPPR's.
Figuring out how to piece it all together will be the challenge once 2018 hits and we see how the 'market' reacts.

I'm torn here.

My state joined participating in IFPA events and the SCS 3 years ago. I have played in all three State Championships getting 15th, 15th and this last time 6th. While I am happy I did so well considering 2 of the players are in the top 50. I am not even in the top 1,000 and getting 6th gets 0.88 points. So I would not know if I wanted to be considered Pro or Amateur since I do not feel I am near as good as the pros I also like the chance to play with them. The fact that some times I can hold my own. I feel playing with better players makes you better and would not want to dilute the experience. But I also don't travel so I won't see most pro events and want to just play as much as possible.

I'm not sure if you separated them where I would want to fall.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Josh
Is there a way for the IFPA to collect the money directly from a player rather than the operator?

Was this a joke [I hope]? When we meet on Monday we will give 50 people a PayPal address or regular address to send a $1 check or money order. I'm sure this will encourage first time users to join. So much easier than saying "Write your name and email address on a sheet and throw a buck in the jar". And Josh has nothing better to do than cashing an tracking.

3 months later
#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about when the ball slams the glass?

You must be very tall; but you should probably put your pants on anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.