IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago

Suggesting that Zach and Josh are going to line their pockets with this money is ridiculous.

#50 7 years ago

I've solved it !

Get the Pinball Pussies (and their undeserved income) to sponsor it!

They have more mods than any pinball machine i've ever seen.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Events that I run, I will plan to just take the money off the top of the league or tournament prize fund, and keep entry fees the same.
So most players won't even notice a difference, and all players will be counted for IFPA.
The money will come off the top of the "elite players" winnings!
I will NOT be giving a dollar back to anyone that doesn't want to be counted for rankings.

This is the simple stress-free way to handle it. Costs "lesser" players nothing more and the top players (who are getting oh so rich from tournament money) get a little less prize pool. If there is no money in your tournaments, then no WPPR's .

Keep in mind that the IFPA has been giving us a system that makes pinball more fun and is helping pinball thrive on location. Try this adjustment and see how it goes. Do what's easiest for yourselves.

It is kind of weird that for about the cost of one play on a new Stern game (per player) , there would be such a backlash. The "principal" of the thing might be looked at from IFPA's side. The part where they give us (and have given us) cool fun rankings and the events to go to like States and Nationals. The guys running it just happen to be great pinball players.

Taking a less aggressive approach in your criticisms would be the way to go. The only thing sinister here is the April Fools part. Although , how does Josh afford to keep flying back and forth to Pitts. #AuditTheIFPA

#362 7 years ago

Not everyone was born into WPPR privilege.

These guys took it upon themselves to create this and it provides something fun to track your progress. Now they are asking to help them raise the awareness of pinball by helping fund larger prize pools for their system. Maybe it's the worst idea ever. But maybe it will do something.

Obviously people care about the WPPR's because they would not be here protesting. I am willing to accept this idea as a way to help out the guys who have helped pinball by creating this. The WPPR system is part of the fun , whether people admit to it or not. I guarantee most of the people saying they don't care are looking up their ranking. I know , because i am one of them.

You have been getting something enjoyable for free. Kick in a buck! Or just go about your business playing pinball.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Try listening to either of those bad boys whilst qualifying.

That is exactly what i do!

2 weeks later
#998 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Flynnibus - new IFPA Director of Public Relations. Welcome aboard!

I 2nd the motion.

1 week later
#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do continually find it interesting/predictible that some of the biggest propoenents are players with a shot at the $$$$ at teh end of year events.

Keep on these guys! The conspiracy will reveal itself. I'm not saying it's Aliens BUT ....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 179.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.