IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrBally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

take off taxes,

That's a good one.

Quoted from Whysnow:

based on your travel schedule

Someone has to pay for those flights, Hotels, meals, incidentals/accutrements etc.

#179 7 years ago

Mods, please run an IP check on the person posting as "whysnow". Over half of his posts in this thread make some sense. There may be an imposter logging in as him trying to skew his good reputation.

d514234bf9e8dfcd670315266964cf04f78e717c (1) (resized).pngd514234bf9e8dfcd670315266964cf04f78e717c (1) (resized).png

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

From what I gather about our state, that takes about a 100k "donation".

Who should I make the check out to?

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm worried about what happens when Rolling Stone and The Washington Post get a hold of this story. We've got to keep it out of the press!
I'd assume selfie-leagues aren't going anywhere, as long as the selfie-takers pay their buck per "season" however long that is.

That's the Washington Compost.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do we just mail you the .25?

No stamps please.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't know, this one looks too close to call...

Image-1 (resized).pngImage-1 (resized).png

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I wouldn't pay it. Then I can play B division! That's the problem, and I think it would be a MAJOR problem.
The rankings would become so inaccurate, and tons of players would refuse to pay, ruining the entire system.
And if they still rank people for handicapping purposes, then why would I need to pay?
People need to let this idea go, it just won't work.
The problem I see, is if some major events (say PAPA/Pinburgh) decide they don't want to pay. Then what?
I guess an exemption for major tourneys could be implemented, but Hiltons head would explode at that point.

No need to be CONcerned, this has been fully vetted and approved by the board of the IFPA.....

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

You know I have incredible respect for you and what you've done and continue to do in New Orleans, but I don't think that what you've mentioned here is the norm for competitive pinball players and thus, inaccurate in the broad sense you paint it. In fact, I think it's quite the opposite. Every tourney I've been to, video stream I've watched, tutorial I've watched, etc, has had an overwhelming sense of camaraderie for anyone that's competing and willing to learn. Tip/tricks/rules are shared by even the best of the best.

I agree with PinballHelp. I've had it happen to me by a couple of top players.

I will never give them another dollar.

1 week later
#959 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

new guy: how much is the tournament
td: $5 and $1 of that goes to registration fees
new guy: ok
or
td: $5 and the bar is covering everyones $1 registration fee so make sure to thank em!

Need to add "new guy's" reaction to 2nd scenario please.....

1 week later
#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IFPA doesnt seem to care it is asking many TDs to break local or state laws...
I wonder if they get pulled into a case where someones personal machines get taken by the state/gaming commission what happens?
I spoke to a good local WI lawyer. They went though all the laws and noted that while the chances of action being taken is minimal; the state would act swiftly and it would cost 10s of thousands of dollars in court to fight them if it happened. They also noted that the very first thing they would do is rope in the IFPA to cover the legal fees out of their administrative pool of funds.
this it the biggest reason I just cant take on the additional risk to support the IFPA starting in 2018.

Just call the "it's just a dollar" fee a legal fund CONtribution and all will be fine.....

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

So, in looking to increase pinball's exposure, this is how IFPA wants to present itself?

Doesn't seem very much like a professional response to a principled stand from one of the top players in the world.

Follow the money....

#1193 6 years ago

Maybe JJP will pony up. After all, they're the best.

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You could do a Kevin Kulik and use the funds to pay FOR a house ....
rd

Didn't pinside's foremost poster accuse Josh of this?

1 week later
#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I am in violent agreement with this post. .
<blockbuster cite="#3760997">Pinball tournaments are like karate tournaments, except without the belts and tons of giant trophies for coming in 3rd out of 3 people in your division. I love coming to your location, Jeff, but I usually stay away during tournaments and busy times. I just don't think tournaments are the way to foster a pinball culture with people these days. As weird as this sounds, you'd probably make almost the same amount of money with half the machines and leave the open gaps between machines so people don't have to worry about getting too close to strangers.

Violence will not be tolerated here on pinside.

4 months later
#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still think the best alternative is to host everything for free except for the actual State Championship. Make it a $200 entry fee for the top 16 to play in that event. If these are the players that earned the shot to play in the end of year event then that also assumes that they have won enough money throughout the year to cover their entry fee. It seems fair and simple. 1 event in each state to deal with collecting money, dispensing money, and funneling a % to the national pool.
It will never happen, but that is what I have settled on as the best compromise for this whole thing.

Yep, I really agree with you. Believe it or not!

2 months later
#1499 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Has anyone noticed that Bowen is now a suppressed player?

Yes.

1 month later
#1504 6 years ago

Any inflation adjustment announcements? Or, perhaps a change due to a reduction in revenue led by the suppressed player extraordinaire.....

20171223_203010 (resized).jpg20171223_203010 (resized).jpg

3 years later
#1608 3 years ago

It's only a dollar...........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrBally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=MrBally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.