IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighProtein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 7 years ago

In the write up for this change, it says the "TD can do a go fund me, etc"? Ok... why not have the IFPA try that first?

#149 7 years ago

I'll ask about this again with a direct quote...

"Option 4 –> Find your own plan. Kickstarter? Patreon? GoFundMe? Outside sponsorship?
TDs can come up with other funding options if they choose, we just wanted to list some examples."

"TDs can come up with other funding options if they choose"...

Why doesn't the IFPA try doing this first let's say this year?
Why not the IFPA do one if not all of these campaigns to fund the prize seeding for next year?
Why doesn't the IFPA instead get more sponsorships and try new ways of funding prize pools outside of TDs?

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I have no interest in having a perpetual GoFundMe campaign to try and support these State and National prize pools.

I didn't say or imply to "perpetually" run funding campaigns. I'm asking why not try it at the very least once? Then we all would know the interest level of player funded prize pools going into 2018. Then possibly those TDs that run state finals can do individual campaigns.

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

There is a cost of travel when a participant goes to States or Nationals. North Carolina would of went from the normal prize pool of $220 to $981.11 . I could of been able to give all 16 atleast $40, which could of atleast covered gas.

That's if there wasn't a fee to play in the finals itself, is that fee going away or staying?

3 weeks later
#1076 7 years ago

Future IFPA Sponsor spoiler...
Dollar General

1 week later
#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Appreciate the worry, but we're gonna be okay. We had a $900 loss in 2016 (not the end of the world), and that was mostly due to the timing of when some of the 2017 sponsorship dues came in. Typically we receive those checks between Thansgiving and Christmas so it's recorded in the 2016 calendar year (we run IFPA LLC on cash basis, not enough action to be worth switching to accrual basis). This year enough checks slipped into 2017 that I would anticipate our 2017 revenue will be higher. Of course that all depends on when those 2018 sponsorship dues come on.
As far as posting our business plan to Pinside ... No thanks (no offense to anyone but this isn't the place for that)
I know that this upcoming endorsement fee gives us a kitty of funds that will give us some flexibility going forward. While year 1 we plan on paying that all out 75% state, 25% national, but that isn't locked in permanently.
If we need additional revenue to run the company, I could see us going to 70/20/10 split with the IFPA keeping 10% of those funds for operating costs.
We won't have any problems "surviving" that I'm aware of based on our internal business plan and projections for the future, but I think every company is supposed to say that

Can a TD choose to designate funds towards operating costs?

4 months later
#1381 6 years ago

Hmmm how about an IFPA crane game?
You can win from 1 tournament entry, flipper rings, plunger springs, to shirts and other pinball stuff.

3 months later
#1561 6 years ago

My main change in events to fund 2018 tournaments is that all games in finals are now quarter drop instead of as previously I did free games for finals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighProtein.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=HighProtein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.