IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#464 7 years ago

knock it off you guys, you are making us wisconsin people look like suckers.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

It's a fucking dollar!

a fucking dollar? what is this Thailand? I thought it was $5 for a full night with breakfest?

#615 7 years ago

I don't really understand where this is going, so I'm going to do what I did before and not give a shit about points. I've never cared about points in the first place. All I know is points fawked me over good at MIEXPO, because they put us in A division, because there wasn't enough A division people to fill the A bank of Brawl. Needless to say, I might as well have wiped by ass with the $65, because at that point, we didn't have a chance in hell. Farther down the list I am, the better.

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

So are NFL and MLB games illegal in Wisconsin due to the fact that if they go far enough, they get bonuses for getting to the playoffs?

the PGA is illegal here because of it.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Isn't the next US Open at Erin Hills?
http://erinhills.com

yes, but how the WI law is written, PGA is technically Illegal here. But because that would infringe upon all the reps and their friends, everyone looks the other way.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No it is not. The PGA has a tournament in Kohler- PGA Championship 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_PGA_Championship
Us Open this year is WI 2017
http://erinhills.com/2017-us-open/
Neo, your wrong!!!!

no, i'm saying we still have it, but it is technically illegal by WI law. The same law that makes it illegal for us to get trophies and prize money from pinball tournaments.

I did specify that the representatives look the other way, because of all the rich buddies that partake in the PGA.

#650 7 years ago

Dan has been fighting this for going on 3 years now, and he says that pinball tournaments are out of the realm of the law and cannot offer any prizes that have any value. So no cash prizes, no trophies. Only thing allowed are useless pieces of paper that say congratulations.

#674 7 years ago

and the problem is, that if you want to follow the rules....(as softball, bowling and what not, are technically doing it illegal in our state), you cannot have trophies or money payouts. Dan has gone to state officials and pointed this out, as well as all the other things in Wi that act illegal. It's an outdated law that basically sits in limbo and they use it, when they feel they want to, or someone is not greasing their hands enough. The only way it's going to get changed, is by hiring a high priced lawyer, or putting enough spotlight on them and having the threat of the precious PGA or something of similar status, be shut down because of the law.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Dan I believe 100%. I just want to know where it is in the law to possible get the law changed. It has been done in other areas, other cities . I just think the law is nonsense.
I can't take action if I have no basis on what I am taking action on.
I know you are busy so this is not the time to discuss it but after MGC I do want to see what is and what could be done to change it and I may be able to ask some friends to look into it.

dan and I have talked for hours on this subject trying to figure out a way around it. I forgot what section of the law this pertains to.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No problem Neo. I didn't realize that. Sounds like you guys have tried in the past and that is good enough for me.

but we can always use help, the more resources the better. if you want to help in the battle, we are all for it.

1 week later
#913 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Caught with our pants down?" WTF are you talking about? I think we all survived without anybody seeing our naughty bits.

I can change that. Pics to follow.

#916 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Whysnow is a very high level player also #259 / 48,977. He stands to benefit financially from the increased prize pools as well. But still, he thinks it will hurt pinball in Wisconsin. Not to mention the legal implications.
He can be pretty strident and opinionated, but he's a really good guy and a great player.
I, for one, wish he wouldn't insist upon fragmenting the system by creating the WIPPR rebellion or whatever. The IFPA isn't perfect, and this idea has flaws, but I think it is still our best option.

high ranking and good are not directly related. someone that plays a ton of events that racks up points, doesn't directly reflect how good of a player they are. Not saying he's not a good player, but on the national level playing against the A players, we really don't stand a chance.

1 week later
#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry dude, nobody cares about AZ.
This thread is about Wisconsin only!

as it should be.

#1032 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont forget Mad Rollin, the LARGEST charity run event in the entire tri-state region
If you are deciding to sponsor events and waive fees, then charity events are a good idea. Keep in mind that Mad Rollin is likely the largest point value event in the state this year...

mad rollin would be just as fun without points. You don't need points to have a turn out. Trophies is good enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 26.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.