IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPG
DonationJar (resized).png
IMG_2797 (resized).PNG
IMG_4030 (resized).JPG
towelie_tough_guy (resized).jpg
towelie-no_you_are (resized).png
IMG_5752 (resized).PNG
There are 1,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.
#1001 7 years ago

The things people fret over just amaze me at times.

Our league hosts will spend $50-$100 out of their own pocket to ensure their guests have a good time.. or someone will spend money buying parts to ensure their games at the best condition... or people buy trophies.. but they freak out about paying for IFPA recognition of the event.

That means either
a) people are lazy and just resist change
b) people don't value what the IFPA offers the event
c) people are afraid of change

I mean heck, the yearly WPPR rule tweaks have had FAR MORE impact on how events are ran and organized than this topic IMO.

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

annual dues are better and less work for the local TD's also it cut's down on legal issues. But what to do about the people at events who just play and don't really want to pay to be ranked?
There needs to be some kind of middle ground from yearly fees to per per event.

My guess is a membership fee would generate a lot less revenue. I compete in my local league as well as in other tournaments (sometimes), but I would probably not buy a membership. Why? Ranking doesn't mean much to me. There are likely a lot of casual players who would do the same thing, especially of the membership fee were ~$25/yr. It's much easier to sneak in a $1 fee for each event.

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about tax issues for the local td's? If one has over $600 is fees to remit then there maybe issues?

What about legal issues with collecting and remitting this fee at the local per event level?

What about the tax / paper work issues with a State TD that has to deal with an over 10K prize pool?

What about charities that may take issues with the NON not for profit IFPA needed to be paided a fee collected at the event level to have an charity event?

I'll talk to you in person about this at the next Level 257 final Joe

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My guess is a membership fee would generate a lot less revenue. I compete in my local league as well as in other tournaments (sometimes), but I would probably not buy a membership. Why? Ranking doesn't mean much to me. There are likely a lot of casual players who would do the same thing, especially of the membership fee were ~$25/yr. It's much easier to sneak in a $1 fee for each event.

funny-bingo-memes-08 (resized).jpgfunny-bingo-memes-08 (resized).jpg

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about tax issues for the local td's? If one has over $600 is fees to remit then there maybe issues?

What specific taxes are you referring to?
If this is purely a hypothetical, then someone needs tax advice. And in that case, its no different than it was before. They need advice on their local laws.
IFPA is not introducing the idea of cash entry fees. The tax implications of running an event has always existed.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about legal issues with collecting and remitting this fee at the local per event level?

I'm not clear on the question.
If you are referring to the WI-exception of 'no fee events' - then I think that is on the TD to research and come to an answer on. The same exact way they do today. TD's figure out how to cover expenses today, they will have to figure out what expenses they want to include and how to pay them.

If you are referring to the transaction between the TD and the IFPA, as it is the IFPA who wishes to operate as a business entity providing services and collecting fees, I would propose this is the responsibility of the IFPA to flush that out.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about the tax / paper work issues with a State TD that has to deal with an over 10K prize pool?

If that situation arises, I'm sure that's a scenario everyone will be happy to work on resolving.. its a good problem to have. With Josh's stated intentions of promoting prize pools, it's a topic that is inevitable if the objective is realized. This gets down into the weeds of 'how', but I would expect the solution ultimately is that the SCS becomes an IFPA function, ran by contractors, and not just a locally ran event under the IFPA banner.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What about charities that may take issues with the NON not for profit IFPA needed to be paided a fee collected at the event level to have an charity event?

Is there a specific example you have where people are not able to pay expenses when dealing with charities? "100% of proceeds goto..." is a CHOICE organizers make, not a requirement. Those organizers often then recognize their own expenses as a donation to the charity.

The general topic of tax/legal issues with competition is an area that as a central entity focused on promoting competive pinball... is a topic I think should be in the IFPA mission to help people research and understand their constraints. Just like IFPA helps with running tournaments, rules, etc... the legalities/business side is an area that the pooled efforts of the IFPA should be within their scope as well. My 02c

#1006 7 years ago

The tax implications of running an event has always existed. yes but most of small local ones are kind of doing it in under the table cash only way. This has people sending funds online that comes with reporting.

EX if you have a garage sale they are mostly cash only and how many people report that?
But this like moving that to a ebay store where that paypal stuff is reported.

Also you have where the same TD's are sending funds to same place event after event or even topping up there funds bank as needed.

I'm not legal, tax or accounting advice person. But I have read about stores about tax / reporting consequences with online payments and this sounds like there maybe some issues to deal with.

also there was online gig job boards years ago where they wanted the independent contractors to have the their customers to pay the job board for all costs parts and labor and have that be reported to the independent contractor as income.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We can call it a MEMBERSHIP FEE if that makes it more palatable for people to swallow.

Yes and let me pay a Membership fee per year directly to the IFPA. Then you only get the IFPA perks if you have a membership, everything else stays exactly the same. But thats not what you are doing at all. Like all these other examples people are bringing up like darts. There is a yearly membership fee that needs to be paid before you can participate in any leagues or tournaments. But people dont get charged every league or tournament they enter. Their yearly membership gets them entry into as many events as they would like to compete in.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and you'd be a shitty state TD (and sales guy).

So your saying a TD should be like a salesman? Again that is not being truthful, as everyone knows sales people can be some of the shadiest people around. Sales people leave out significant facts to try and get the sale. When i enter a tournament i dont want to feel like i got taken advantage of when i figure out there were not telling the whole truth.

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

It's much easier to sneak in a $1 fee for each event.

so its much easier to sneak in a $1 fee. Why be sneaky about it at all? Why cant you just tell the truth and let people decide if it is worth it?

EDIT: This wasnt quoted from Josh directly, i quoted a quote in his post and that how it came up. But in that post Josh did say BINGO insinuating that this is what he was thinking. Just be honest and let people decide.

Moderator Edit: Attributed the quote to the proper post.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The tax implications of running an event has always existed.

Not free events. which most events in AZ are.

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That service that everyone enjoys from the IFPA (being world ranked, having a profile they can customize, tracking their progress, etc) has been a free service.
In 2018 it won't be a free service.
We're leveraging the interest in the wppr system that all players have (especially casual players) as the motivation to continue their interest in that system.
For $10 per year my mom can enjoy those perks (regardless of where that money goes). She no longer gets those perks for free like players do in 2017.

Actually, anyone outside of the US or Canada will still get those perks for free right? Just US and Canada players have to pay. Just clarifying.

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Not free events. which most events in AZ are.

Sorry dude, nobody cares about AZ.

This thread is about Wisconsin only!

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry dude, nobody cares about AZ.
This thread is about Wisconsin only!

as it should be.

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Actually, anyone outside of the US or Canada will still get those perks for free right? Just US and Canada players have to pay. Just clarifying.

Ahh just like medicine, the US subsidizes the world.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

US/Canada EVENTS have to pay...players can be from anywhere.

For example if a European player shows up to Pinburgh, it's the Pinburgh TD that's responsible for the endorsement fee if that player is included in the final standings submitted to the IFPA.

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

so its much easier to sneak in a $1 fee. Why be sneaky about it at all? Why cant you just tell the truth and let people decide if it is worth it?
EDIT: This wasnt quoted from Josh directly, i quoted a quote in his post and that how it came up. But in that post Josh did say BINGO insinuating that this is what he was thinking. Just be honest and let people decide.

My "BINGO" was in reference to a flat annual membership fee not generating nearly as much money.

Currently out of 50,000 players in the database only 4000 have "registered" accounts (that's currently FREE to do).

Even at no charge suddenly 92% of the players in our database would be suppressed players.

Once you make those 4000 players pay anything you are only guaranteed that the number decreases. The higher the fee, the higher the attrition rate, making the rankings even more full of suppressed players.

Trying to then convince first time players to pony up $5? $10? $25? for an annual fee puts up a barrier to entry for these new players.

Most of these endorsement fee solutions don't require casual players to pay anything to get a taste of those IFPA perks.

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

When asking a group of people if they would prefer a 'free service' or a 'pay service' . . . it's realllllllllllllllly hard to get massive support that people would rather pay for it.
Without a doubt it would have more accepted if we continued to offer those IFPA WPPR perks for free. There's a large group of players that aren't interested in the SCS, but are very interested in earning WPPR's. That is the group where we are leveraging their interest in the system to generate these fees. If they like these IFPA player perks, they can pay for it. If they don't care enough they can not worry about it anymore.
What we do with those funds is our business, but the focus here is that earning WPPR's, having a profile you can customize, having an archive of all the endorsed events you've ever played in, etc. will now be a paid service that we offer.

but many of us have agreed to paying a fee for IFPA, even if it differs from the $1 tax per event. You are trying to have it both ways and that is why this topic is split almost evenly down the middle among avid players of the game.

Charge $5 per year to join IFPA. Don't nickel and dime the living hell out of every event in the name of "operational costs" or "we gonna sweeten the pot for nationals."

Make up your mind what direction you are trying to go. Let people decide on its merit if they support it or not. Don't hold people hostage to getting to play in their local events because turdhead TD won't let folks opt out of the tax.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

My "BINGO" was in reference to a flat annual membership fee not generating nearly as much money.
Currently out of 50,000 players in the database only 4000 have "registered" accounts (that's currently FREE to do).
Even at no charge suddenly 92% of the players in our database would be suppressed players.
Once you make those 4000 players pay anything you are only guaranteed that the number decreases. The higher the fee, the higher the attrition rate, making the rankings even more full of suppressed players.
Trying to then convince first time players to pony up $5? $10? $25? for an annual fee puts up a barrier to entry for these new players.
Most of these endorsement fee solutions don't require casual players to pay anything to get a taste of those IFPA perks.

Yet, you are working from the assumption that participation will not decrease with the $1 tax. That would be short-sighted, at best.

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

but many of us have agreed to paying a fee for IFPA, even if it differs from the $1 tax per event. You are trying to have it both ways and that is why this topic is split almost evenly down the middle among avid players of the game.

"Many of us" ... How many players would you guess would agree to $5 per year?

The only data point I have out of 50,000 players is that 46,000 don't care even at no charge.

The topic is split but we've heard mostly positive feedback to our implementation plan. Yes there are a few people in this thread that have repeatedly made their stance known, and that's appreciated.

How many unique events do you play in a year? (Unique being a monthly recurring event counts as 1, not 12 for the year)

#1020 6 years ago

You cannot count monthly events as 1, as IFPA would be drawing $1 from me at each event, or $12 per year.

If i played every event available to me locally, and that is within about a 30 mile radius, mainly at 2 different locations; I could end up paying almost $100/ year to IFPA.

So in asking your economic question, look in the mirror and ask, "What is IFPA giving this player for $100 that wouldn't be the same for a $5 fee?"

In the breakdown of fees and players by PG on the IFPA site, over 2/3 of the players played 5 events or less. So tell me again, if we're driving interest in pinball and leveraging the cache of "points/ rankings" why the $5 wouldn't increase funds versus charging a $1 tax per event?

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

You cannot count monthly events as 1, as IFPA would be drawing $1 from me at each event, or $12 per year.
If i played every event available to me locally, and that is within about a 30 mile radius, mainly at 2 different locations; I could end up paying almost $100/ year to IFPA.

As a TD im pulling the $1 per player from the prize pool.

Fee to my event is $10 in 2017 and will be $10 in 2018. How is that costing you as a participant of my events almost $100 a year?

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

Yet, you are working from the assumption that participation will not decrease with the $1 tax. That would be short-sighted, at best.

I got a much different view of Josh's assumptions from what I read.

Quoted from JNX:

Again, pretty sure I read that Josh Indicated that many monthly events (depending on the point totals or something like that) could be submitted once per year or maybe broken up into 2-3 submissions if worth more points.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

Not if that event was submitted annually by the TD. There are paths to right sizing this fee to whatever the preference is of that particular community.

For us our location is sponsoring the dollar so it's in our best interest to submit monthly to build the pot.

What events do you specifically play in? Who is the TD? Do you guys know how this is going to be implemented? Have you tried for any local sponsorships? Have there been any decisions made how often results will be submitted?

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It's also optional at the player level for those TD's that wish to offer that opt-in/out for their events. For example the TD decides to run an IFPA endorsed event, offering the players a chance to not "officially" participate but rather simply play for casual fun. In the results submitted to the IFPA those unofficial players are removed, and there's no $1 fee associated with their participation.

Won't this just allow players to game the system? Unless there are strictly policed rules about the timing of money collection, many players could decide whether or not to be included in the official results based on their performance. Probably not a huge problem at major events, but many smaller competitions can be pretty casual with that kind of thing.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Unless there are strictly policed rules about the timing of money collection, many players could decide whether or not to be included in the official results based on their performance.

This decision has to be made BEFORE the event starts if a TD is offering this option.

So best to look into your crystal ball and predict if you'll do well or not before deciding.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Yes there are a few people in this thread that have repeatedly made their stance known, and that's appreciated.

Josh, I think you forgot the sarcasm emoji at the end of that sentence.

In all seriousness, I think most of us realize that this is the way it is going to be for 2018. However, in Wisconsin, we have a legitimate legal concern in regard to how pinball prizes could be construed as an illegal activity. The MGC is the largest tournament in the state and the organizers have repeatedly said they cannot pay a fee as they have been warned that there will be legal consequences. At the same time, the MGC, being the largest tournament in the state, not having it count towards IFPA would de-legitimize player rankings in the state.

For instance, someone plays in a ton of tournaments and builds up their total points in the state to make the SCS, but they pooped the bed at the MGC, could make the SCS at the expense of someone else that did very well at MGC, the legitimate largest state tournament. I would suggest making very few and limited exceptions to the new IFPA tournament pricing to make issues like this go away.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

If there were 100 separate events within a single year... I'd question the events honestly. (And the hypothetical that a person is playing every 3rd day for a year)

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Josh, I think you forgot the sarcasm emoji at the end of that sentence.
In all seriousness, I think most of us realize that this is the way it is going to be for 2018. However, in Wisconsin, we have a legitimate legal concern in regard to how pinball prizes could be construed as an illegal activity. The MGC is the largest tournament in the state and the organizers have repeatedly said they cannot pay a fee as they have been warned that there will be legal consequences. At the same time, the MGC, being the largest tournament in the state, not having it count towards IFPA would de-legitimize player rankings in the state.
For instance, someone plays in a ton of tournaments and builds up their total points in the state to make the SCS, but they pooped the bed at the MGC, could make the SCS at the expense of someone else that did very well at MGC, the legitimate largest state tournament. I would suggest making very few and limited exceptions to the new IFPA tournament pricing to make issues like this go away.

I will deal with those individual TD's privately with respect to their unique situations (and have texted with Dan a bunch already about this). I believe we can find a sponsor specifically for MGC to make sure it's included. Who knows, I might even sponsor the MGC tournaments out of my own pocket since that tournament means a ton to me personally. 11 years ago we ran the first official IFPA tournament for wppr points, and it was at the MGC teaming up with Dan and crew.

#1029 6 years ago

Thanks, Josh.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I might even sponsor the MGC tournaments out of my own pocket since that tournament means a ton to me personally

dont forget Mad Rollin, the LARGEST charity run event in the entire tri-state region

If you are deciding to sponsor events and waive fees, then charity events are a good idea. Keep in mind that Mad Rollin is likely the largest point value event in the state this year...

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are deciding to sponsor events and waive fees, then charity events are a good idea.

Just to be clear no fees will be waived. If they are sponsored then that is an acceptable method of having those dues accounted for. 75% would still go in the WI pool (to be played in my basement), and 25% will go towards the nationals pool.

I'll think about sponsoring MGC or Mad Rollin ... Depends on who's been nicer to me on Pinside between you and Dan. Give me 8 months to think about it

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont forget Mad Rollin, the LARGEST charity run event in the entire tri-state region
If you are deciding to sponsor events and waive fees, then charity events are a good idea. Keep in mind that Mad Rollin is likely the largest point value event in the state this year...

mad rollin would be just as fun without points. You don't need points to have a turn out. Trophies is good enough.

#1033 6 years ago

Just going to drain this thread. Josh is clearly just here 'for the lulz' at this point, and trolling. He can absolutely say s--t like "Oh, well, it's now an 'administrative fee'" and the money will go to the same place and anyone that actually cares would know that he's lying.....and get away with it, because the IFPA isn't community owned, it's family owned. And much like a family business with no stockholders, anyone else with an interest can just be hand-waved off. He's made his decision, and there's nothing more that's useful to be said.

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

IFPA isn't community owned, it's family owned

If there was ever an assumption that the IFPA was actually community owned then that's my bad. I reach out to the community for feedback constantly but last week I had to file the IFPA tax return and the money owed was definitely on me and my family to pay.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If there were 100 separate events within a single year... I'd question the events honestly. (And the hypothetical that a person is playing every 3rd day for a year)

That's only two events a week. It's also easy to restructure those events to report less often which has the dual benefit of increasing your TGP and decreasing the fee.

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

If there was ever an assumption that the IFPA was actually community owned then that's my bad.

Not on my part? It's just a statement of why it's futile to continue this conversation for anyone that doesn't agree with you.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Not on my part? It's just a statement of why it's futile to continue this conversation for anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Pro tip, don't post one hour after saying you're draining the thread. You'll lose credibility and everyone will know you're coming right back when you make a big show of storming out of the room. I'm married with children, ask me how I know.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Pro tip, don't post one hour after saying you're draining the thread. You'll lose credibility and everyone will know you're coming right back when you make a big show of storming out of the room. I'm married with children, ask me how I know.

Since when in the f00k do I have *any* credibility around here? This place is full of it's own little cliques, none of them which I feel like I belong to....what should I care if someone else thinks I'm credible or not? LOL. I wasn't storming out of the room, either, but I am draining the thread after this post. I felt like Josh's response warranted something, so I posted it. Now, just as before, I'll be leaving voluntarily, because as I stated...I don't think there's anything relevant left to discuss. The decision was made, we've all said our piece, and it's going to go disregarded...so...why waste any more time on it? Ya'll have fun with your BBH brethren next year.. I'll still be playing in local tournaments...just not for points. It is what it is.

Newsflash: I'm married, and have a 12 and a 7 year old. Trust me, people storm out of rooms ALL THE TIME, and come right back in shortly after.

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton, how many people do you expect to be playing in this charity event this year? Or how many were there last year and are you anticipating growth, might be a better question.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hilton, how many people do you expect to be playing in this charity event this year? Or how many were there last year and are you anticipating growth, might be a better question.

80ish give or take (all are rated people so likely the largest IFPA point value event in the state this year; we will see after MGC gets posted)

We sell out every year and it is really just a matter of how many slots/people we want to juggle and games used in each pingolf course. I think a few CO folks may come this year. We also get an east coast contingent. Toss on all the regional people (but Josh Sharpe is yet to make it; maybe this will be the year? ) and I think we could easily hit 100 people if we wanted this year. I may open it up a bit and go out with a big bang since this will be the last year it is worth WPPR points.

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

80ish give or take (all are rated people so likely the largest IFPA point value event in the state this year; we will see after MGC gets posted)
We sell out every year and it is really just a matter of how many slots/people we want to juggle and games used in each pingolf course. I think a few CO folks may come this year. We also get an east coast contingent. Toss on all the regional people (but Josh Sharpe is yet to make it; maybe this will be the year? ) and I think we could easily hit 100 people if we wanted this year. I may open it up a bit and go out with a big bang since this will be the last year it is worth WPPR points.

Sounds like a great event. I hope I can make it this fall. I am a bit confused however, because in a previous post you were asking Josh for sponsorship on the IFPA $1/player fee and then in this post you are saying this is the last year it is going to be worth WPPR points. Sounds like you haven't quite decided which way to go yet. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting your request for IFPA fee sponsorship by Josh.

#1042 6 years ago

If josh took care of mad rollin, then i would likely continue w ifpa in 2018 for it. Aside from that, this will be the last year.

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

As a TD im pulling the $1 per player from the prize pool.
Fee to my event is $10 in 2017 and will be $10 in 2018. How is that costing you as a participant of my events almost $100 a year?

It changes the payout. Simple math.

I honestly cannot believe the number of people advocating, "Just sneak it by them"

Your members must be a bunch of morons. Seriously.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

I honestly cannot believe the number of people advocating, "Just sneak it by them"

Having the winners subsidize the fee makes your math incorrect as well.

You would only be responsible for the $1 fee if you won the event played. For casual players who never win this is a non-issue. A majority of the players in our database are these casual players that rarely come close to winning.

If you play in 100 events and win none of them, your admin fee for the year is $0 is Kevin's point.

Now if you play in 100 events and win all of them (in events where TDs are having the winners subsidize the fee) you would end up paying far MORE than $100 for the year.

The point being every community has a bunch of different paths to take on this, and more importantly the perspective of the player analyzing the fee varies greatly depending on how it's implemented.

Do you have any answers to the questions I asked above actually dealing with your situation?

What events do you specifically play in? Who is the TD? Do you guys know how this is going to be implemented? Have you tried for any local sponsorships? Have there been any decisions made how often results will be submitted?

I'm far more interested in discussing your personal actual situation rather than hypotheticals of other player bases around the country.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from JNX:

Im not going to sneak it by them, im just going to say the IFPA fee is getting taken out of the prize pool. Yes, for that event the prize pool shrinks $1 x how many players. It also increases our state championship pot though. If your going to play in 100 events in one year, you must have aspirations to qualify for a state championship.

As Josh mentioned, each community is different which does not correlate to them being "morons". Its possible our local barcade would be open to pickup the $1 per player, im sure if it was for a charity, they'd consider it. Ill worry about that in 2018 though.

#1046 6 years ago

This debate has become tiresome.

Now comes the time on Pinside where we dance!

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm far more interested in discussing your personal actual situation rather than hypotheticals of other player bases around the country.

I am the local TD. I think JNX is mistaking our 8 week seasons as 8 separate events. I've also made it clear that we will be getting sponsors to cover the fees for SCPL events. Realistically this doesn't affect any players in my area.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This debate has become tiresome.
Now comes the time on Pinside where we dance!

Let's change the discussion to "how do we get Levi to commentate on every major pinball stream" and have a fundraiser to get him a Telestrator!

rd

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Let's change the discussion to "how do we get Levi to commentate on every major pinball stream" and have a fundraiser to get him a Telestrator!
rd

If you meant a TelePrompTer, I'll kick in $10.

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you meant a TelePrompTer, I'll kick in $10.

One thing is certain. Crazy Levi does NOT need a Teleprompter! He is on fireeeee in the booth!!!

Here's some great footage of Levi commentating a great pinball moment. Followed by a great discussion on fried chicken. Lol!

Telestrators would be great for Pinball Streams. So the commentators can point out a simple version of a games rules. Like at PAPA on Skateball, draw a circle around the drops and say "you drop these 3 times" and draw an arrow to the scoop and say "and then shoot here a lot' That would go a long way to helping the general public understand what the hell is going on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telestrator

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 179.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

There are 1,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018/page/21?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.