Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

Running Connecticut again this year at The Sanctum again. With the NEPL our list of players is huge in every state in New England. The organizers here have a very labourous task of finding the top 16 choosing to play here. Each state usually ends up going well down the list into the 50's/60's.

We will also be streaming. Commentary may or may not happen. Depends on how far I make it

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm sitting at 46 in CT . Is it likely that i will get an invite? CT might be closer than Jersey for me and most likely, closer than PA. lol

46 will have a very decent chance Ed. We went that deep last year. Want me to mark you down as prefer to play in CT if your spot opens? I'll be contacting people starting next week. You'll have to play Jerry Bernard to defend his title.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

OK. Since we are hopefully doing trophies all the way to 16 then I am thinking most will play it out. We are also running an event immediately following the SCS so thinking most will stick around to play in that? We shall see. I guess it is easy enough to reseed on the fly if needed.

We did trophies for all 16 last year out of my pocket and somehow I caught flack from some for doing something nice. Hopefully you have better luck! Just top 4 this year for us.

#149 8 years ago

Called it participation trophies. I took it as qualifying in the top 16 for the state championship deserving of a trophy. We have just over 300 players clocked into Connecticut.

2 weeks later
    #207 8 years ago

Connecticut bracket at Challonge.com/2015ctscs

Stream will be here. Starting at 10 AM

Tinyurl.com/thesanctum

1 week later
    #234 8 years ago

CT lineup

EM

Bazaar
    Big Indian
    Nip it
    Possibly bow and arrow if I finish it in time

SS
    Special force
    Hoops
    Space shuttle
    Genesis
    Silverball
    Alien Poker
    Fireball Classic
    Rack EM up
    Bobby Orr Powerplay
    Black Jack
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Medusa
    Mousin Aroune
    Frontier
    Meteor
    Stars
    Seawitch
    Haunted House
    Algar
    Earth shaker
    High Speed
    TX-Sector

DMD
    Popeye
    Congo
    Indy 500
    Works Cup 94
    Shadow
    Full Throttle
    Fish Tales
    Stargate
    Ripleys Believe it or Not
    Jack-Bot
    Kiss
    Dirty Harry
    DE Star Wars
    AC/DC

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

one cool thing for WI SCS is this is the first year where all games are on route and available for public play.
    I provided the "likely" player base the option of playing a more diverse collection for free (my house) or the aforementioned public location which is on coin drop and the resounding request was for a public location to remove any home field advantages.
    WAY more logistics to get hammered out with it being in public location but should be fun. Funny part is even though I am in it, I will be unlikely to practice on any of the games even once.
    Hoping for a fun event and some solid competition and then everyone checks their drama at the door.

CT games are a public location too . One that I run

1 week later
    #296 8 years ago

Doing it similar which is the same that we did last year. First 8 out get seeded into 2-4 player matchplay groups. Seeds 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7. 4 games. 5-3-2-1(just what our league uses so everyone's familiar with it). Top two from each group move on to 1 more group of the same to determine 9,10,11,12 places. Other 4 are 13,14,15,16 based on points. In the second round of main bracket then next 4 out in round 2 play 1 matchplay group like above. Everyone gets at least 2 rounds and plays against 5 different people. Makes it more social than heads up all day when you play in groups.

#304 8 years ago

It's all about hurry ups. Left ramp Over and over. Right flipper gets weak to the point you can hit the ramp anymore and game stink. Most of the time the flipper is dead by end of player 1 and then player 2 can't hit any shots.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.