Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 8 years ago

It's looking like Ohio's SCS field will be the top 16 qualifiers for the year and all are Ohio players. There's still one weekly knockout left tomorrow, but the field is pretty close to being locked in.

Has this happened in prior years or likely to happen in any other states this year, where all top 16 qualifiers accept? Oregon, maybe?

scs122815_(resized).JPGscs122815_(resized).JPG

#80 8 years ago

Ohio did consolation matches last year and it didn't cause the day to run any longer. There were about 15-20 machines available and winners bracket had priority of game selection. Players appreciated the chance to play for final position once they lost a round. Not sure why you think it's going to be a marathon, especially if you have plenty of machines to work with.

#165 8 years ago

Submitting results is literally the EASIEST part of running an event. I always send them within a day and I don't understand why some TDs are so slow to get it done. It's especially simple when using matchplay.events because the software formats the results for you.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

Except if you are papa who still have incorrect results for pinburgh from early August leaving people off the results who played for 3 days . But need to wait because they are working on their own speed which they have known the problem since September of 2015 . No hurry for papa by now it is either turtle speed or snail speed to fix the problem.

I can't possibly be the only person sick of reading your posts about this. MHS has acknowledged the mistake and will get it corrected eventually. Your constant posting on multiple forums isn't going to expedite the process, it's just obnoxious.

#172 8 years ago

Yep, I and I turned off notifications on that TF thread!

I hope you get your credit for participating!

1 month later
    #230 8 years ago

Any states have their game list figured out yet? I'm really excited that the Ohio SCS will be mirroring the type of lineup used for Nationals last year, featuring a balanced selection of games across eras.

EM
    Dragon (interflip)
    Jungle Queen
    Nip-it
    Quick Draw
    Yukon

SS
    Comet
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Pin-Bot
    Whirlwind

DMD
    America's Most Haunted
    Game of Thrones Pro
    Getaway
    Hurricane
    Star Trek Pro

#238 8 years ago

Some good looking lineups so far!

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Not excited for the grinds that will ensue on D&D and Hurricane. They'll be the next Swords of Fury.

Hurricane didn't play very long at the last SE Battle, even among SCS players. D&D games were mostly short, but there were a couple longer ones. Still not nearly as bad as SoF though! I think GoT and ST will play the longest unless outlanes and tilts are set very tough.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

2 SCS's using AMH, hell yeah. Great tournament game...

Has there been an AMH code update to show current player scores yet? That was the only thing that bothered me about it in a competition setting.

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. What I described above. 4 player games after round 2 is over. 3 games to be played (4,3,2,1 scoring)

Why 3 games with 4,3,2,1 scoring?
    PAPA finals format is 3 games with 4,2,1,0 scoring.
    Pinburgh finals format is 4 games with 3,2,1,0 scoring.
    If you're going with group play it's probably better to stick with one of those established formats.

#269 8 years ago

No, but there is a difference if you're doing 3 games with linear scoring vs. bonus point for 1st place scoring.

1 week later
    #362 8 years ago

Lots of new state champs this year! Nationals has the potential to be a completely fresh group of players. Hopefully it will be streamed again! Maybe Karl will get some help on the broadcast so he can focus on playing.

1 month later
    #395 8 years ago

First tee time is 2pm Vegas time, so I'd expect it will be around then. The second tee time is 6pm.

I really like how they cover Pin-Masters. They pick one group of 4 and follow them across the whole 9 hole course. Last year's presentation was slick and it sounds like Karl has tightened it up even more for this year. The playfield cams yesterday looked really crisp. Should be good!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleethering.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=sleethering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.