Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm sure everyone is just dying to get into the IL SCS . . . although I could use the help in trying to get out of IL myself to avoid Zach and Henderson

Come on down to Florida.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Free Play Florida will likely happen in 2016 for me if all goes right. Have to make it down to Palmer country.

Ha! Florida is a long state. FPF is in my home state and still about 3 hours away from "Palmer country". Look forward to seeing you if you make it down

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

My games are set extremely hard but it kind of sucks to make games so hard that players can't really play them.

Since there are not 70 people trying to qualify for 16 slots in 2 tourneys over the course of 20 hours, there is no need to make games play extremely hard. Factory settings, perhaps with no extra balls on modern pins, should suffice.

The SCS tourney represents (for most players) a year's worth of work. The games should be playable to have exciting matches. Some long matches are going to be inevitable, after all, these are the best players in each state. If the TDs in each SCS choose wicked-playing games and/or set the games to punish people, then the players could all save the time and effort and just draw a lottery to see who is going to Nationals from each state.

Best of skill to everyone

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Best player would still win even with brutal set ups,
    I'm in in mo and i hope they toughen up the games.
    Competition is no fun on easy playing machines

I agree that the best player should win regardless of game setup...within reason. I think some of the seasoned pros would say that there comes a point in altering a game where it is reduced to a luck box, rather than a game to showcase skills.

BTW nice Skeletonwitch avatar

#152 8 years ago

Wow. It is very puzzling to hear people would be upset at being recognized for being one of the elite 16 in a state. I think almost all players would agree that making the top 16 for the SCS is an accomplishment, particularly if your state also holds a circuit event or major show.

As an aside, speaking of trophies, I am also a proponent of final 4 trophies instead of 3 since the pinball format often lends itself to the last 4 players battling it out at the same time. The SCS does not work this way, but many tourneys do.

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Making 35 trophies (40 including Canada) hits our expense account pretty hard.
    Making 160 of them and needing to ship all those out . . . besides the money aspect I might just kill myself putting all those together

Sorry if that came across as ungrateful. I wasn't suggesting you do that. I was just talking about tourneys in general where there are 3 trophies for 4 players.

3 weeks later
    #211 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Mine arrived safely as well ... Although it wasn't much of a trip

Nice subtle switch of the possessive pronoun. Thinking positive is half the battle

3 weeks later
    #366 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

FL's champ got the title for the second time in the past 3 years... and he's a teenager...

Yep. My son knocked me out in the semis and then went on to grab the title-and the Mr. Florida sash. All smiles here from a proud dad

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.