Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

I'm hosting Alabama SCS for the third year. Pinball isn't as big here as it is in many states. Looks like we may have to go no further than 17-18th spot! It's usually a dogfight between myself and Timmy Street, but you can't count out Bill Scrivener, Jeff Street, and several other newer players coming up the ranks. This will mark the first year that we are playing not a public venue with coin drop, but a private place with games on free-play. Yay!

#136 8 years ago

There will be a total of 30-45 2-player games used to decide tie-breakers. During that time there will be between 28-48 2-player games played by the winners. So yes, if the tie-breakers can all be played at the same time the winners are playing, then there wouldn't be a significant slow down. But we all know this isn't going to be the case. In regards to winners having choice over the losers bracket, that doesn't really solve the problem. Let's say winners group finishes a game, makes their choice for next game and it is already being played by a tie-breaker group. Waiting is inevitable....

#175 8 years ago

I usually submit within a day or two. I had a league result that was a week getting in because we left for Pinburgh the following morning! I think one month is a very reasonable time. Only exception maybe being the majors(PAPA, Pinburgh, IFPA Worlds, Circuit events, etc) just because of the sheer volume of information. But still, a month should be plenty of time.

3 weeks later
    #209 8 years ago

Ours made it safely as well!

2016_trophy_(resized).jpg2016_trophy_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #218 8 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

Hey all, had a question about this in the official rules:
    All other finishing positions will also be played out in best-of-three matches to also determine 5th through 16th place.
    Is that head-to-head single elimination, or is it the tournament director's decision? If it's the tournament director's decision, any suggestions, specifically for the group of 8 tied players after round 1?
    I know this was partially discussed in an email, but I can't find it now.

I think this is what you are referring to:
    On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Josh Sharpe wrote:

Ultimately you guys can go with whatever you want . . . there was simply an issue last year with organizers deciding to break the ties, not informing all the players, and then players being upset listed as "16th".

Just make sure ALL PLAYERS agree to how it will be handled

I'll be pushing for everyone in Illinois to forfeit so we can do a giant tie

I calculated all the best 2of3 head2head tiebreaks would account for 30-45 2 player games. Just not feasible in our situation. We're running PAPA style groups of 4 for tie-breakers.

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think this is what you are referring to:
    On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Josh Sharpe wrote:
    " Ultimately you guys can go with whatever you want . . . there was simply an issue last year with organizers deciding to break the ties, not informing all the players, and then players being upset listed as "16th".
    Just make sure ALL PLAYERS agree to how it will be handled
    I'll be pushing for everyone in Illinois to forfeit so we can do a giant tie "

I calculated all the best 2of3 head2head tiebreaks would account for 30-45 2 player games. Just not feasible in our situation. We're running PAPA style groups of 4 for tie-breakers.

I put the actual message from Josh above in quotes. It seems pretty clear that he is leaving it up to the TD's discretion on how to run the tie-breakers. This was from an email that went out to all the state IFPA reps.

#257 8 years ago

Alabama line-up so far....

EM's
    Wizard
    Sky Kings
    Vulcan
    Circus

SS
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Bally Star Trek
    Mata Hari
    Trident
    Firepower
    Galaxy
    Meteor
    Roller Disco
    Amazing Spider-Man

DMD
    Gilligan's Island
    LW3
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    Mustang
    Game of Thrones
    Star Trek
    Tron
    Kiss

20160116_160413_(resized).jpg20160116_160413_(resized).jpg

20160116_160448_(resized).jpg20160116_160448_(resized).jpg

20160116_160345_(resized).jpg20160116_160345_(resized).jpg

vulcan_(resized).jpgvulcan_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #297 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Doing it similar which is the same that we did last year. First 8 out get seeded into 2-4 player matchplay groups. Seeds 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7. 4 games. 5-3-2-1(just what our league uses so everyone's familiar with it). Top two from each group move on to 1 more group of the same to determine 9,10,11,12 places. Other 4 are 13,14,15,16 based on points. In the second round of main bracket then next 4 out in round 2 play 1 matchplay group like above. Everyone gets at least 2 rounds and plays against 5 different people. Makes it more social than heads up all day when you play in groups.

This is very similar to how we are doing it in Alabama. Only real difference is first eight out are seeded 1,2,3,4 and 5,6,7,8(based on their original top 16 seeding order). Playing 3 games PAPA style(4,2,1,0). Top group plays for places 9,10,11,12 and bottom group plays for 13,14,15,16. Any ties will be broken by a single game picked at random.

#330 8 years ago

Alabama results. It's a three-peat!

Official results:
    1.Chris Warren
    2.Brad King
    3.Bill Miller
    4.Duane Connell
    5.Mike Gray
    6.Bill Scrivener
    7.Steve Baker
    8.Anthony Dickson
    9.Timothy Street
    10.Jeff Street
    11.Scott May
    12.Josh Karg
    13.Brendan Turner
    14.Rick Pecot
    15.Jennifer Miller
    16.Emily Street

20160213_173420_(resized).jpg20160213_173420_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.