Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

I can't believe I am going to qualify for Texas SCS since I haven't played in a tournament since 2015 Texas Pinball Festival. Good thing I finished 2nd place in A on my bank. HAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYESSSSS!!!!

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

We should start a pool as to where Bob Matthews will play this year.
    Texas2nd Georgia10th Kentucky13th Florida17th llinois20th Nevada28th
    Oklahoma32nd Michigan34th California58th Pennsylvania58th Washington59th
    Could be a fun thing to speculate on.

Ah man, I'd kill for Bob to come here. I love watching him play, and playing against him. Great guy. I got to play directly against him at the PAPA Circuit event at Cactus Jack's on LOTR. That was a fantastic game. Ironically, he was the only one I saw come even remotely close to my WWE qualifying score at TPF on the bank I finished 2nd on. I was sweating bullets that he was going to pass my score and eliminate my top seed position, but he BARELY missed it... we both had max bonus balls.

1 month later
    #271 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I think 4 player groups is a good idea. Not sure what would go quicker though.

More people playing more machines concurrently = faster rounds, in nearly every case. Okay, sure, if you have 4 people playing a fast EM it might be shorter than 2 groups of 2 playing say Spider-Man and LOTR.

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So you are saying head to head will go much faster than 4 player groups. Makes sense.

Unless people are being forced into picking from a limited bank of "fast" games, I would think so, yes.

#275 8 years ago

Marcus, I'm real tempted to bring Crescendo just so we can have a tournament somewhere in Texas that doesn't feature Neptune. Ha! (If I was at all confident that the 2p score reels worked correctly all the time, I'd be serious. -_- )

#279 8 years ago

I personally find the 4-pack more fun, but yeah...as far as time goes? It's not really a great idea...at least not in Texas. A 4-player game of Spider-man here would take about three hours.

2 weeks later
    #372 8 years ago

Just want to do a little self-aggrandizement back patting action here. I was looking at my pre-scs notes from when seeds and whatnot had been determined... I may have taken "1st loser" in the TX SCS, but holy cow...it kind of just really hit me just how well I actually did. I mean, I kind of know all the guys I had to play, but still... I think I got the toughest set of matches possible in the TX SCS. I was 11th seed right? Here's my list of opponents:

1st round.. 6th seed, 81st IFPA
    2nd round.. 3rd seed, 88th IFPA 4-3, came back from 1-3 defecit, IIRC
    3rd round.. 2nd seed, 42nd IFPA 4-1 win.
    4th round.. 1st seed, 61st IFPA Up 3-1, then lost 4-3.

I don't want to trivialize or minimize the skill of any of these players. These guys are all fantastic, and any one of them on any given day can beat me handily, and HAVE. But dear lord, even if I didn't take first, being able to stand up and be within a razor's margin of it, especially after tanking horribly at the last two SCS'es.... man I feel great right now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.