Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

I'm just hoping I can somehow get invited to one this year. If not, next year.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Looking at the Kentucky standings it seems pretty possible that you'll get in. So many of those guys are out of state that just came in for LAX, and they won't be back for states.
    Surprised me to see that you guys have only had 3 events! Sounds like you're going to be adding to that for next year though, right?

Well the local tournaments I started hosting are actually in Cincinnati so they won't count for KY. Bummer. Oh well. Just need to do better at LAX in March. I'm def gonna give it more of a go this time around.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Dang.
    Well with LAX not being the week before PAPA this year means it's probably not going to draw the same crowd of top players that it's been doing these past couple years, so that means more qualifying room for the rest of us! (I'm hoping to make it this year, depends on cost and timing though)

Right on man. Hopefully I'll see you there!

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What do other active TDs think? What is a reasonable amount of time to have results submitted?

A month is plenty of time. How long did it take to get the pinburgh results submitted? If you're talking longer than that, you're doing it wrong.

#188 8 years ago

How do I know if I'm registered or not? I want to make sure I don't miss out on an invite if they have to dig that deep for players haha

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

The best way to make sure that you get notified is to update your player profile on the IFPA Site. As long as your information is up to date, you will be notified should you make the top 50 in any state.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/user-profile
    Marcus

Cool thanks. When looking at your link and my current profile I noticed the registered check mark. Haha.image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

I guess I'm good!

1 week later
    #196 8 years ago

Got an email for KY last night! I still need some help with other people backing out that are ranked ahead of me, but hoping I can compete for my home state's championship!

2 weeks later
    #213 8 years ago

Just got word. Enough people backed out, I'm in the KY bracket!! Hells yeah.

#233 8 years ago

KY's tentative list is as follows:

Diner
    Big Guns
    TZ
    Dolly Parton
    6MDM
    AFM
    TAF
    WOZ
    TWDLE
    STTNG
    MM
    DESW
    Bally Star Trek (may be replaced with GOTLE)

I am pumped as I know all but two of these games. Super pumped to play some Big Guns. Haven't played that in like 15 years.

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

good stuff. I recently got the game and have it on route for a bit. Once it comes home I have been thinking of disabling the claw.

I am a combo all day player no matter how it's set up. I also only play with the handles. I feel all the safe shots are in the combos so I try and rinse and repeat the same combo sequence and get bonus X maxed out and get all my points from bonus. Add a bonus hold in there and during a 3 billion game over half my points are from bonus.

1 week later
    #305 8 years ago

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Here's to me channeling my inner Lehigh mountain Hawks!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#313 8 years ago

Bummer. Lost in the second round. But the silver lining was it was a good friend. Better luck next year!!

#314 8 years ago

In the 5-8 tie breaker I got 5th! I'll take it for my first state tourney.

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

D&D was used, I had no idea what I was doing though so I couldn't say how lock stealing effected things.
    I think for the most part lock stealing isn't too much of an issue, depends on the particular game though.

How did OH shake out?

I haven't heard how KY finished either. Left when the final four was still going on.

#326 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Booski 1st then Trent. Not sure after that.

Wow great job by booski. He new those games well obviously haha.

#338 8 years ago

Thanks for the update Pheobe!! Congrats to LAR, I bet the tie breaker between him and Bill was a Cincy pinball Classic! Haha

Also really glad to hear that Drew is going to Vegas. I'll be rooting for him.

1 month later
    #379 8 years ago

Go Booski! KY is due for a win!

#383 8 years ago

What were the rules for the first round? Looks like according to the bracket that most people won their matches 1-0?

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Best of 7. Anything with a 1-0 is just the updater (Brian) not knowing the exact match score. It'll probably get updated with the exact match numbers eventually.

Oh gotcha. No worries just seemed pretty stressful if they were only doing sudden death like that haha

#389 8 years ago

Lyman had to leave after the first game of the finals to catch a flight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2015-2016-discussion-thread?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.