3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DCfinal4.jpg
    DSC04405_(resized).jpg
    DSC04396_(resized).jpg
    DSC04382_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    P1010004_(resized).JPG
    12746450_1153896141309392_661834195_n_(resized).jpg
    20160213_173420_(resized).jpg
    NCwinners_(resized).jpg

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 3 years ago

DC didn't get a trophy to display so we had to make do with big smiles from left to right- Shawn Hillman 3rd place, James Daley 4th place, Fil Baird 2nd place and Pierce McLain 1st place

DCfinal4.jpg

#354 3 years ago

It was a ton of work, but just wanted to say again that the WI SCS was a blast. I needed a day to decompress and relax, but what a F U N time!

I personally am very happy with my 6th place finish. The format we came up with for consilation bracket was great and I highly reccomend it. Whole event took ~5hrs and looking forward to next year!

#355 3 years ago
    #356 3 years ago

If interested, local TV coverage of Indiana SCS:
    http://wlfi.com/2016/02/13/pinball-wizards-go-to-head-to-head-in-state-championships/

Of course they have to use the term Pinball Wizard right out of the gate

#357 3 years ago

I am submitting the results from the SCS and wanted to make sure I understood what Meaningful Games Played (MGP) means. I remember this TGTGuide (TGT = total games played ?):
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/ranking-info/tgpguide/

Is TGT the same thing as MGP? If so, does that mean that the MGP value is 22 (22 games towards TGP) for each of the state championships since they are all single elimination, best of 7, 16 player brackets? I specifically wanted to verify this to make sure that the tiebreakers don't have anything to do with the MGP and that all states are using 22 (if they have 16 players) as the MGP.

Thanks in advance.

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

I am submitting the results from the SCS and wanted to make sure I understood what Meaningful Games Played (MGP) means. I remember this TGTGuide (TGT = total games played ?):
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/ranking-info/tgpguide/
    Is TGT the same thing as MGP? If so, does that mean that the MGP value is 22 (22 games towards TGP) for each of the state championships since they are all single elimination, best of 7, 16 player brackets? I specifically wanted to verify this to make sure that the tiebreakers don't have anything to do with the MGP and that all states are using 22 (if they have 16 players) as the MGP.
    Thanks in advance.

22 is correct

#359 3 years ago

Hilton did an awesome job on camera. It can be hard to explain things succinctly for a local news broadcast.

#360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks Tom!
    Had a blast in WI. Tim dominated all day long and deserved the great win! Plays like a gentleman and a scholar. He will be going to vegas and is pumped! We will all be rooting for him.
    I hosted and ran the event while managing to finish LIONMAN!

image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks, for all the kind words, Whysnow! It was an expertly planned event by Madison Pinball and just a whole lot of fun! Awesome support from onlookers and players alike. Just a great day all around! Excited to play in the National Event!

#361 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Hilton did an awesome job on camera. It can be hard to explain things succinctly for a local news broadcast.

Thanks Yancy. I was pretty nervous to be on camera. I was happy with how the story came out and I think there is a decent chance the reporter is going to come out to a monthly soon. If she had met Tim, she would have for sure come out... (guy is a stud with the ladies and he can convince anyone to play pinball)

#362 3 years ago

Lots of new state champs this year! Nationals has the potential to be a completely fresh group of players. Hopefully it will be streamed again! Maybe Karl will get some help on the broadcast so he can focus on playing.

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks Yancy. I was pretty nervous to be on camera. I was happy with how the story came out and I think there is a decent chance the reporter is going to come out to a monthly soon. If she had met Tim, she would have for sure come out... (guy is a stud with the ladies and he can convince anyone to play pinball)

Tim's charm and pinball charisma works on guys too.... It was about 12 years ago that he convinced me to get into pinball and buy my first machine

I agree that Whysnow did an awesome job and is a great ambassador to pinball! I was the other guy in the broadcast with Whysnow (I'm the guy playing) and I agree that it's not easy to answer questions with the camera on and the ball rolling.

#364 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Tim's charm and pinball charisma works on guys too.... It was about 12 years ago that he convinced me to get into pinball and buy my first machine
    I agree that Whysnow did an awesome job and is a great ambassador to pinball! I was the other guy in the broadcast with Whysnow (I'm the guy playing) and I agree that it's not easy to answer questions with the camera on and the ball rolling.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! Plus, Yancy is completely right. You both did an incredible job behind the camera. Very well spoken and excellent points about pinball.
    Mike, lol, I am really glad that I kept pushing you to get your first pinball. You and Whysnow are both excellent players...we really help each other get better. Your a big part of the reason that I am going to Nationals. Thanks again, guys!

#365 3 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Lots of new state champs this year! Nationals has the potential to be a completely fresh group of players

FL's champ got the title for the second time in the past 3 years... and he's a teenager... I want to see more of that around the country!

#366 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

FL's champ got the title for the second time in the past 3 years... and he's a teenager...

Yep. My son knocked me out in the semis and then went on to grab the title-and the Mr. Florida sash. All smiles here from a proud dad

#367 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Yep. My son knocked me out in the semis and then went on to grab the title-and the Mr. Florida sash. All smiles here from a proud dad

Sounds like a road trip to Vegas is coming! Good skill to Atticus!

#368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

FL's champ got the title for the second time in the past 3 years... and he's a teenager... I want to see more of that around the country!

Think the NJ champ was 11. I remember when I first saw Josh Henderson play....12 yr old boy just stomping grown men. Amazing.

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Anyone streaming at the Florida championship? I'd love to watch the hobbit in action.

Stream didn't happen really,
    Here's a photo...https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvU90APy_B/
    Small video... https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvUKvy-4/

It plays pretty damn good and complete VS what I played at IAAPA which had the right outlane issue then in 2015...

#370 3 years ago

Hi all,

The final results from our MICHIGAN 2015-2016 IFPA state championship are in and are as follows:

1- Aaron Grabowski
    2- Andy Rosa
    3- Alex Harmon
    4- Phil Harmon
    5- Chris Tabaka
    6- Adam Peacock
    7- Rob Cross
    8- Rodney Minch
    9- Andrew Rosa
    10- Joseph Nebus
    11- Mike Schudel
    12- Sarah Schudel
    13- Jeff Lee
    14- Heather Kendrick
    15- Evan Williams
    16- Michael Stewart

Congratulations to all and I hope to see everyone out there for the 2016 competitive pinball season!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#371 3 years ago

Michigan was horsehit this year but whatever

Just kidding, man we got some ass kickers in this state!

#372 3 years ago

Just want to do a little self-aggrandizement back patting action here. I was looking at my pre-scs notes from when seeds and whatnot had been determined... I may have taken "1st loser" in the TX SCS, but holy cow...it kind of just really hit me just how well I actually did. I mean, I kind of know all the guys I had to play, but still... I think I got the toughest set of matches possible in the TX SCS. I was 11th seed right? Here's my list of opponents:

1st round.. 6th seed, 81st IFPA
    2nd round.. 3rd seed, 88th IFPA 4-3, came back from 1-3 defecit, IIRC
    3rd round.. 2nd seed, 42nd IFPA 4-1 win.
    4th round.. 1st seed, 61st IFPA Up 3-1, then lost 4-3.

I don't want to trivialize or minimize the skill of any of these players. These guys are all fantastic, and any one of them on any given day can beat me handily, and HAVE. But dear lord, even if I didn't take first, being able to stand up and be within a razor's margin of it, especially after tanking horribly at the last two SCS'es.... man I feel great right now.

4 weeks later
    #373 3 years ago

Good luck to everyone today! Though I hope Ethan from Saskatchewan has more luck than the rest of you

#374 3 years ago

Anyone know what time the event/broadcast is planned to start?

#375 3 years ago

Does anyone know if any of the SCS Championship will be streamed on Twitch?

#376 3 years ago

twitch.tv/iepinball . No idea what time.

#377 3 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

11 am Pacific
    2 pm Eastern

IFPA-IEPinball-banner_(resized).jpg

#378 3 years ago

Plan was to start the broadcast with the tournament at 11am but still have a ton of setup to do this morning. Follow the channel and you'll get a notification when we go live.

http://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#380 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Go Booski! KY is due for a win!

Go Booski!

#381 3 years ago

Is there a link online to the bracket / results as game play gets going?

#382 3 years ago
    Quoted from caker137:

Is there a link online to the bracket / results as game play gets going?

http://challonge.com/ifpa2015

#383 3 years ago

What were the rules for the first round? Looks like according to the bracket that most people won their matches 1-0?

#384 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What were the rules for the first round? Looks like according to the bracket that most people won their matches 1-0?

Same for every match - win 4 games

They couldn't keep up with W-L per match so they just did 1-0 for the Winner

#385 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Best of 7. Anything with a 1-0 is just the updater (Brian) not knowing the exact match score. It'll probably get updated with the exact match numbers eventually.

#386 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Best of 7. Anything with a 1-0 is just the updater (Brian) not knowing the exact match score. It'll probably get updated with the exact match numbers eventually.

Oh gotcha. No worries just seemed pretty stressful if they were only doing sudden death like that haha

#387 3 years ago

I'm glad there were some exciting matches along the way, because the final was a huge bummer. Congrats to Adam, I guess?

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I'm glad there were some exciting matches along the way, because the final was a huge bummer. Congrats to Adam, I guess?

What happened

#389 3 years ago

Lyman had to leave after the first game of the finals to catch a flight.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lyman had to leave after the first game of the finals to catch a flight.

You have got to be joking??!?

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You have got to be joking??!?

Them games ain't gonna code themselves.

#393 3 years ago

Congratulations to Adam Lefkoff. Well done.

#394 3 years ago

What time does the PinMasters qualifying stream start?

#395 3 years ago

First tee time is 2pm Vegas time, so I'd expect it will be around then. The second tee time is 6pm.

I really like how they cover Pin-Masters. They pick one group of 4 and follow them across the whole 9 hole course. Last year's presentation was slick and it sounds like Karl has tightened it up even more for this year. The playfield cams yesterday looked really crisp. Should be good!

#396 3 years ago

Love the 60 FPS broadcasts, looks so smooth.

8 months later
    #397 2 years ago

When does the state championship seasons begin and end? I'm too late to try and get in my SCS this year but want to try for next year.

#398 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

When does the state championship seasons begin and end? I'm too late to try and get in my SCS this year but want to try for next year.

It runs on the calendar year. You can start accumulating SCS points for 2017 on January 1.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 320.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside