Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    IMG_0339(2).JPG
    IMG_0338(2).JPG
    IMG_0326(2).JPG
    IMG_0324(2).JPG
    IMG_0323(2).JPG
    IMG_0321(2).JPG
    IMG_0334(2).JPG
    IFPA Indiana SCS 1st 2nd 3rd.jpg
    bracket.png
    image.jpg
    P2070018.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    10801713_10152745889926936_8545379591961588671_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winball_pizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

um... The top 16 in each state are forced to pay for the national pot, IF they want to compete in the SCS. Oddly enough, many do not even appear to know this.
    It really is quite simple.

Ever go to a tournament and pay way more than $20 to not even qualify? Then, watch DNO take the win only to squander all of the prize money on scantly clad women slinging beer and bbq at Bone Daddies?!? Not sure what this has to do with your argument. Just thought I'd point out that DNO is going to spend your $6.50 on Budweiser and BBQ when he wins...

Seriously, IMO it comes down to making the national championship worth traveling to for some players. Some people would probably stay home vs pay for flight, hotel and food if there were no cash prize for winning nationals. Since the IFPA isn't about to shell out a bunch of cash to grow the prize pool, I don't see an alternative really.

I signed up for pin masters just in case I somehow win SCS. Personally, I would go to nationals just for the experience of playing against the best players in the country even if there were no prizes at all. I would love more than anything to get a chance to play against a Keith, Bowen, Sharpe's and get my ass kicked. You might not win any money or a trophy but, you'd have an awesome experience and tons of glory points!

#290 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Hey, speaking of that, you can totally sneak the GG sword on the flight, right?

I think you can check it and if you win SCS and promise to wear the GGII trophy while you play in nationals, I'll drive the sword to you!

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Looking at ticket prices, and knowing I would be back on friday for TPF, I am assuming I will not be checking a bag, sadly, lol. I would totally wear it.
    Let's see what happens in a few weeks, lol.

I'll pay the checked bag fee or next day air it to your hotel or something! lol It adds at least a +5 to your pinball skill!

#393 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

As for bowen, he is the one that seems to be getting his rocks off by attacking me.

Bowen was just pointing out the truth.

1 week later
    #454 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Playing in Texas this year! I had the opportunity to defend my title in Indiana, but for various reasons decided to do TX. Trying to be the first to win an SCS in two separate states. I think there are only a few others competing for that title as well.
    Phil

Spraynard! I didn't know your pinside name was so epic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winball_pizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-championship-series-2014-2015-discussion-thread?tu=winball_pizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.